'True Blood' Season 5 Trailer: Russell Edgington Is Back

Sun, January 29, 2012 10:22pm EDT by 46 Comments
Courtesy of HBO

Fang-bangers beware: the King of Mississippi is back to reclaim his throne!

As the brand-new teaser trailer for True Blood‘s upcoming fifth season reminds us: “In Bon Temps, nothing stays buried forever.” Truebies know this refers, of course, to Russell Edgington (Denis O’Hare), who was revealed to have been broken free from his cement tomb on last season’s finale. At least he doesn’t hold any grudges against Bill (Stephen Moyer) Eric (Alexander Skarsgard) or Sookie (Anna Paquin). Oh, wait…

Watch the new True Blood teaser below, then hit up the comments section with your thoughts on season five:

Loading video...

— Andy Swift

Click to follow Andy on Twitter for more True Blood updates

jazz residences sample computation

Posted at 6:12 PM on June 12, 2012

I used to be recommended this blog through my cousin. I’m now not certain whether this post is written by means of him as nobody else realize such targeted approximately my trouble. You are incredible! Thanks!

best FFMEPG hosting

Posted at 9:49 PM on June 11, 2012

I just like the helpful information you provide on your articles. I will bookmark your weblog and take a look at again right here frequently. I am slightly sure I’ll learn a lot of new stuff right here! Good luck for the following!

productions

Posted at 5:21 PM on June 11, 2012

Woah this blog is fantastic i love studying your articles. Stay up the good paintings! You recognize, many people are searching around for this info, you can help them greatly.

HTML to Wordpress Theme

Posted at 4:27 PM on June 11, 2012

Thank you for another informative website. The place else could I am getting that kind of information written in such an ideal manner? I’ve a undertaking that I’m simply now operating on, and I have been on the glance out for such info.

sip termination

Posted at 3:19 AM on June 11, 2012

Hi, i think that i noticed you visited my web site so i got here to return the choose?.I am attempting to find things to improve my website!I suppose its adequate to use some of your ideas!!

Toots

Posted at 9:46 PM on May 14, 2012

I loved reading all the different comments on here.. keep it up u guyz :) i cant wait for season 5.. Cant get enough of Eric and Alcide :-D

Resume Services

Posted at 8:41 AM on April 14, 2012

Woah this blog is great i really like reading your articles. Keep up the good work! You already know, lots of persons are hunting round for this info, you could help them greatly.

Beth

Posted at 11:59 AM on March 26, 2012

So for those of you who are talking about how Lafayette’s startline is completely fabricated, yes it is but if anyone was fan enough to watch interviews Alan Ball and Charlaine Harris have both said (mainly Charlaine) that she has a storyline and Alan has one.

Tg

Posted at 8:41 PM on March 21, 2012

Yeah you are seriously wrong about that. I have read the series a few times. Tara lives all the way through so far.

adam

Posted at 10:23 AM on March 11, 2012

thats the point retard

Allanah

Posted at 10:01 PM on March 5, 2012

Has to be the crappest premiere video it doesnt even show you anything from season 5

Marlayna

Posted at 11:02 PM on March 2, 2012

I cant wait to see if tara is ok. & I hope sookie and Bill end up back together even though eric is hot!

margena

Posted at 5:03 PM on March 18, 2012

Sorry..Tara actually died sooner in tge books so for her to last this long is a suprise. But this trailer is a waste of time. They could have given us more than this.

LT

Posted at 12:48 PM on March 20, 2012

Out of the 12 Sookie novels that are out, I am on #10 and Tara is not dead. In fact she is married to JB DuRone and pregnant. When exactly does she die “sooner” in the books? She appears alive and well as of book #10, have you even read any of the books?

Kayla

Posted at 11:11 PM on March 21, 2012

Clearly they have not. They must be getting confused with Lafayette, he’s the one who dies early in the books. I wonder how much longer they will keep him around since any storyline involving him is completely fabricated and not from the source material; which it shows since his character has not added anything significant to the main story of the series (with the exception of his gig as a medium in season 4, but still he was useless in seasons 2 & 3). I really do like him as a character though, we’ll see. I do realize that there are many differences between the show and the book, but it’ll be nice to see some of the concepts from the book translate to the show :-)

sookieann

Posted at 8:57 AM on April 1, 2012

Hello I have read all 11 books waiting for 12 to come out tars is not dead …. you have no clue what your talking about

Lisa

Posted at 7:18 PM on March 2, 2012

Sookie and bill are ment 2 b 2gether end of!! True love, and he really loves her so much, xx

Marlayna

Posted at 11:03 PM on March 2, 2012

I agree!!

Camilla

Posted at 1:11 PM on March 12, 2012

So does Eric, and he is hotter

Kayla

Posted at 11:15 PM on March 21, 2012

I have always liked Alcide for Sookie. As a fan of the books and the show, Alcide was always my favorite for her! The show makes Eric look too evil and Bill power hungry, and Alcide like a spineless jellyfish. Too many stark contrasts, but still entertaining to watch!

Kerry Figare

Posted at 6:09 AM on February 22, 2012

Can’t wait for season 5 to start trueblood junkie love Eric Northman. Russell is going to be a force to reckon with.

brad

Posted at 9:04 AM on February 20, 2012

the 1st line in the 5th book is sookie say i knew my brother was going to become a werepanter even before he didi

JR

Posted at 8:46 PM on February 17, 2012

This season 5 sounds really good can’t wait to watch

Emma Louise

Posted at 7:12 PM on February 13, 2012

Aw man I can’t wait for true blood season 5 !! Really want sookie and Eric to be together !!!

Dasie

Posted at 9:33 PM on February 10, 2012

Oh, damn, Sookie and Alcide should beware of Russell Edgington. My mom is scared shitless for these characters because she hates Russell’s character, but crushes on Eric Northman.

daphne

Posted at 12:18 AM on February 9, 2012

I can’t wait to see what happens with Tara. We look forward to being able to own season 4

Julia

Posted at 12:19 PM on February 2, 2012

I still love sookie and Bill together. But man oh man I would live Alcide for myself. Can not wait for season five my husband says I am addicted to V. Lol

samanthafrombarnsley

Posted at 5:21 PM on February 1, 2012

i love trueblood … sookie should get with eric hes hot as hell mmmmh i would lol carnt wait for series 5

bitchstolemyremote

Posted at 8:46 AM on January 30, 2012

Looking forward to the new season. Last year the show really went back to a winning formula and recaptured the glories of season 1 (and for me, season two). Wasn’t a huge fan of season three so I’m concerned about the return of Edgington, but I’ll wait and see how they play his return.

TonyClifton

Posted at 5:14 AM on February 14, 2012

I anxiously await the return of Russell Edgington. He is such a great villian. I am sure he is pissed.

Ashley H.

Posted at 12:06 AM on January 30, 2012

I love True Blood!!! I can’t wait to see what Russell is going to do. Also Sookie and Eric belong together ;-)

grammar nerd

Posted at 10:35 PM on January 29, 2012

It should be ‘bear any grudges’ :-)

Andy Swift

Posted at 10:39 PM on January 29, 2012

Noted!

William Earl

Posted at 10:31 PM on January 29, 2012

I hope Sookie ends up with Damon!

Andy Swift

Posted at 10:33 PM on January 29, 2012

Honestly, I think I like her better with Jacob.

samycat

Posted at 12:38 PM on February 4, 2012

You are really stupid dude

Lexy belle

Posted at 8:36 AM on June 1, 2012

ahahahah that was really funny:)))))