Brad Pitt Interview: He Reveals Angelina Jolie Engagement Plans

Sun, January 29, 2012 12:52pm EST by 7 Comments
Brad Pitt Marriage

Nur

Posted at 12:55 AM on March 16, 2012

about Angie I don’t. But to put it in perspective I did watch an retniview she did recently and she was asked about it. She said that she had been saying what she said about Angie for years in her live shows. It was only this last year that it was being discussed. She stated that she was a comedian and never apologizes for what she says; but she has eliminated that from her shows and has added new material.I have a different perspective also on The Tourist. I spent a week in Venice in the 80 s, so I loved the scenery. I also used to direct Community Theater; so I have a different take on the chemistry of Angie and Johnny in the movie. I felt that they both played their characters excellently. This lack of chemistry I feel was the way their characters were written. To me if they had this chemistry between characters they wouldn’t have really been true to their characters. Johnny’s character was the man that Angelina’s character was in love with; but he was disguising himself and portraying himself as another character to her. I saw that portrayal as awesome. She didn’t know who he was; and he had to portray himself so she wouldn’t (which kept her alive). And Angie’s character was torn between the love of her life and this new man she met that she was falling in love with. Her character was internally fighting this new love; but also trying to stay true to her other love. When I was directing; one of the first activities we did with the actors was have them analyze their characters; and really understand them. To me if we would have seen these two characters have this great chemistry like we saw Brad and Angie have in Mr. and Mrs. Smith; the whole point of the story and the characters would have been lost. I think a lot of people; includes fans of Angie and Johnny, film critics, etc. heard of this pairing had a preconceived idea of them being on the stage together. We, the audience were expecting something different; and the word chemistry was thrown in there and this idea of chemistry was not what the playwright had written for these characters. To me this lack of chemistry is what made Johnny’s character so great. I felt his character, due to the circumstances they were in was having to hold back his true feelings towards Angie’s character. I also just loved the humor in the movie. I loved the dialogue between the characters.As much as I would like to see Brad and Angie together in a movie; I think that reactions could be similar to The Tourist . We, the audience might be more focused on chemistry than on what the characters are really trying to get across.

Dj

Posted at 11:09 AM on January 31, 2012

If I were them I would secretly get married in another country and pay them off to keep it hidden..I’ve never seen such disgusting things in my life like the media and papparazzi especially in the US. It’s bad enough they are celebrities and they don’t have privacy but it’s worse that there are flashing cameras in their kids faces as if it’s ok. This crap should be illegal. Haven’t they learned their lesson with princess Di or are they waiting on another casualty to occur. Let this couple live their life and I really wish they would stop asking them these questions in interviews when their personal life clearly has nothing to do with the interviews

jl

Posted at 11:34 AM on January 30, 2012

Who are they kidding????? The kids could care less….come on…a three year old wants a “mommy ring”!!!!! These two have decided they better marry soon …just in case. Using those children yet once again.

QD

Posted at 11:05 AM on January 30, 2012

I think these reporters should stay the hell out of their business and let them live the way they want because it’s working for them well…it’s a shame that on every occasion whether they are on the red carpet or promoting a movie or humanitarian work they feel the need to get off topic and ask them these questions. These two want to write their on story from beginning to end rather than letting the media place them in the traditional place in which we all know in the Hollywood world it won’t last. If they do marry I hope it’s something very intimate and no cameras..just something that their family can enjoy

Katie

Posted at 4:28 PM on January 29, 2012

Wasn’t it we will when the kids ask, then it was when everyone can, and now back to when the kids ask… wonder what excuse he will use next

Genug

Posted at 2:02 PM on January 29, 2012

enough already….

Andrey Min'kov

Posted at 1:41 PM on January 29, 2012

Should get married! I can’t wait more.