Miley Cyrus Gets Called 'Disgusting' By Institute — Are They Being Too Harsh?

Fri, January 27, 2012 6:32pm EST by 76 Comments
Miley Cyrus Bad Influence

Miley Cyrus was named our role model of the year in 2011, but the Culture and Media Institute says she’s detrimental to young girls. Don’t you think she’s just trying to have fun?

We have to admit we were a little surprised to see Miley Cyrus posing with Liam Hemsworth‘s penis cake at his birthday party recently, but are her actions really damaging to the little girls who follow her? The Culture and Media Institute released a story yesterday condemning the 19-year-old former Disney starlet and her wild behavior.

“Actress and singer Miley Cyrus, who famously played the wholesome Hannah Montana, has become the epitome of the anti-role model for young girls,” the story says.

After listing her less than positive moments (read: admitting to being a stoner, etc.), the piece claims Miley promotes sex and bad behavior, which is a hindrance to society.

“Movies like Bachelorette and disgusting behavior like Cyrus’ may be part of the ‘real world’ of Hollywood, where casual sex is celebrated and frequent divorce is almost a rite of passage. But it is not the real world, because in the real world, sleazy behavior has consequences,” the story ends.

Do YOU think Miley is a bad role model?

More Miley Cyrus News

1. Miley Cyrus Caught Eating Sexual Birthday Cake: New Photo Scandal
  2. Miley Cyrus Is Praying For Demi Moore
  3. Selena Gomez Dances To Miley Cyrus’s ‘Party In The USA’ In See-Thru Top

Charles

Posted at 6:19 AM on February 13, 2012

Ok so Hannah Montana was about 5 years ago now people all the people that are her fans from then are all grown up by now anyways soo I should doubt they care tbh xx

Maci

Posted at 5:56 PM on February 12, 2012

Since miley is so famous she gets critized the most. I dont think the cake is a big deal most teenage girls do that for fun. Miley is a great singer/actress/ and role model. Think of all the good things she does.

HookedOnMIley

Posted at 2:36 PM on February 1, 2012

For me she is a good role model and everybody has his own taste. So.. if someone doesn’t want that miley is her/his role model you don’t have to pick her. There a other VIP. And only that you don’t like her you don’t have to insult her. She is a normal girl and this is her life. and she can do whatever she wants. Ok.. I know she makes mistakes but she isn’t perfect. Nobody of us.

Leah Laustsen

Posted at 1:09 PM on January 30, 2012

Oh for crying out loud people It’s just a cake just leave Miley alone she’s not a bad influence at all she is special.

Stripedbunny

Posted at 3:42 PM on May 9, 2012

she is 19 consired an adult now and so no matter what one or the other thinks people will still like her and others wont we can never change that.

STOP

Posted at 7:54 AM on January 30, 2012

Stop judging her!SHE IS 19,not 10 other something!She is mature!I can’t just please my bff gave me back my Selena gomez posters!At least,Miley makes charity,not copying others as Selena.I used to hate Selena because she copies others but Miley I think I never hated her.Maybe one time but that was a not good period of my life.Anyway,I’m 9 years old but away.And I am a Miley fan and I like Kurt Cobain , like Kurt Cobain!So stop hating.

Alyssah Carter

Posted at 3:27 AM on January 30, 2012

Hers the thing she is 19 she is allowd to do what she wants it’s not like she posted the picture her self. There are why worse thing that have happend and are going to happen. People just love to bring other people down, and you can’t tell me you havent done something stupid when you were younger. That’s life, and when I read trashy gossip like that I say to myself “who the F*** cares” it’s not going to matter in a week somthing els will capture the attenchnon of all you noise pathetic people :)

HollywoodLifer

Posted at 2:59 PM on January 29, 2012

It’s just something silly. Most of young people will make jokes and take pics with something like that. Isn’t big deal. Anyway i think the serious thing it’s that someone in the Miley circle it’s a hater/gossip maker and it’s leaking stuff about her. She needs to stop to be so naive and wake up there’s a insider inside of her group of “friends”…

rosy

Posted at 12:02 PM on January 29, 2012

first of all i think that is super gross.secondly the fact that she is growing up doesnt mean she can do anything she likes cuz she has younger fans from hannah montana and i dont think that would be good 4 them.i think she should just keep it on the low and try to avoid these stuff

sophie

Posted at 6:15 AM on January 29, 2012

thats just a CAKE!!!!!! & PEOPLE why be so harsh on her ,accept the fact that she is not 14 anymore …SHE IS GROWING UP…I know she makes mistakes,we all do WE ARE NOT PERFECT !!! & WHEN it comes to being a ROLE MODEL , MILEY RAY CYRUS IS THE BEST ROLE MODEL EVER …who cares about haters, MILEY U HAVE MILLIONS OF PEOPLE SUPPORTING U !!!! PPL ARE JUST JEALOUS
LOVE U MILEY !!!!! ALWAYS WITH U

Whats the big deal

Posted at 1:48 AM on January 29, 2012

What’s the big deal?! She’s bent over trying to lick an a hole with her tongue in a public setting. I checked out the club; it is huge, and everthing is open; there was not private room. Look, I could care less what she does to have fun; but why or why is the fun not in a bedroom, or private home, in a controlled environment. Why is she not a good role model? Because she can’t control herself or her environment in public setting; that is what sets her up to be a bad role model for little people. Don’t we all tell our children to behave in public. These pictures and the implied behavior will effect everyone in her family and herself for many years to come. If she is not in control of herself in a public setting, she is a fool.

Ana

Posted at 8:15 PM on January 28, 2012

Como dice Miley “haz algo bueno y nadie se acordará, haz algo malo y nadie olvidará”, eso lo resume todo. Ella ha hecho montones de cosas maravillosas, pero nadie las recuerda cuando ella hace algo “malo”, ahí, todo el mundo le recuerda cosas que hizo hace años! una buena o mala modelo son solo tonterias, rotulos que les impone la gente que esta mas preocupada de decirle a la gente como vivir que de vivir su propia vida.
El que tu no seas como ella y no hagas lo mismo que ella no te da el derecho a criticarla, ella no cometio ningun delito, la gente se cree muy superior a ella pero les hace falta una gran cosa llamada RESPETO!
Dejen de creer que pueden jusgar la vida ajena, los conservadores vivan su vida conservadora y respeten a los que no lo son! no todos somos iguales! Yo soy conservadora pero respeto mucho a la demas personas que no viven igual a mi, porque no ser nadie para decirles oye o hagas esto o esto otro.
RESPETO SEÑORES,RESPETO!!!!

magy

Posted at 7:00 PM on January 28, 2012

my friend’s mom made $9,238 last month. she works on the internet and bought a $379,000 house. All she did was get lucky and follow the information you can find here…MakeCash2.₡om

jaz

Posted at 6:29 PM on January 28, 2012

boycott miley cyrus!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bruno

Posted at 6:14 PM on January 28, 2012

I agree with Hollywood Miley. “Sure, Miley is a little wild sometimes, but she is also positive in a lot of ways too. She’s one of the most charitable young celebrities in Hollywood.”

Like so many people said before, Miley is just a normal teen, and just want to have fun! Let’s admit, if you’re an adult, just go back some years and think of the time when you were teens with the same age as Miley… You did crazy things, your minds were perverse, you all drank, broke rules even worst!

Just take a break and let Miley be a normal teen, live her life, and do everything she wants (well, not exactly everything, there are some rules we can’t break lool).

I just think she have to be more careful with cameras to avoid situations like this one.

I love Miley no matter what she do. She can drink, smoke, whatever, I just have to think for myself, I don’t have to do exactly what she does! I just focus on positive things she do, and you all, Miley fans, should do the same thing! You have an head, use it please!

Here’s my message for Miley: “Miley, from a portuguese fan, I hope you come here soon, because we all miss you so much, Europe needs you and new music from you! Just don’t read the bad things some people are saying about you and go on with your life and your carrer. PEACE!

Bruno Moreira

Posted at 6:15 PM on January 28, 2012

Hollywood Life* (not Hollywood Miley, lol)

Cati

Posted at 6:11 PM on January 28, 2012

Her fans need to stop blaming her friends. If it were one time or another, could agree, but every time? No, no. She allows it to be published and have fun with these little scandals

Lucas

Posted at 4:01 PM on January 28, 2012

She just wants to have fun like a normal girl, but she forgets and does it on camera

Kitty

Posted at 12:06 PM on January 28, 2012

i agree with the story she is a bad role model and i personally think she does all this for attention

siuCyrus

Posted at 11:05 AM on January 28, 2012

I love Miley no matter what
She is a role model
come on!!! please ..leave her alone
it’s just a cake, a joke..
she did NOT make this cake …
I love you, Miley

Smiler

Posted at 10:30 AM on January 28, 2012

Is only a f*cking cake! she’s a good role model, the best role model, stop the hate on Miley.

Ahmed

Posted at 10:25 AM on January 28, 2012

Let’s just say u don’t see a d*ck cake everyday ! I would’ve taken a picture with that cake if I had a chance too !!

sickntired

Posted at 9:29 AM on January 28, 2012

she’s young, she was only having a lil fun! jeesh let the girl live her life and if you really think that she is a bad role model for your lil girl’s then dont let them watch her! miley has the right to live her life how ever she wants just like everyone else!

Arcachnar

Posted at 5:45 AM on January 28, 2012

Since when is Miley promoting casual sex? It would not surprise me that this ‘Institute’ are full of hypocriptical (sp?) whiners and old men.

Has they ever whine about other actresses who has actually done things that were even worse? No.

nina

Posted at 3:49 AM on January 28, 2012

she needs to have more common sense. It’s obvious her friends sell her out left and right. Either she needs to purge her friend circle after figuring out who keeps ratting her out(the pot smoking(my butt it was just salvia), the bob marley cake and pot head joke, this.). Or else act more responsible in public from now on and keep your inner freak more in the closet.

Veronica

Posted at 3:09 AM on January 28, 2012

I get that it’s a joke but it’s really inappropriate. And disturbing. It’s not a big deal but it’s still pretty gross.

Real Talk

Posted at 2:32 AM on January 28, 2012

THE STONER THING WAS A FRIGGIN JOKE! I don’t know why they are taking it so seriously, get a sense of humor!