Justin Bieber Performs ‘Rockin’ Robin’ At Emotion-Filled Michael Jackson Tribute

Thu, January 26, 2012 3:41pm EDT by 70 Comments
Justin Bieber Michael Jackson

Justin Bieber supported his idol, Michael Jackson, at his Hand & Footprint Ceremony at Grauman’s Chinese Theater in Hollywood Jan. 26 and HollywoodLife.com was there to catch the magical moment!

Justin Bieber has credited much of his love of music and dancing to the late Michael Jackson, so he wanted to come out and honor the memory of his idol at Michael’s Hand & Footprint Ceremony at Grauman’s Chinese Theater in Hollywood, alongside the Jackson children.

Paris Jackson introduced Justin this morning to the packed crowd, saying, “My father would have been proud to mentor this person — Justin Bieber — and I am a big fan of his.”

Justin, 17, looked adorable when he came on stage, telling the audience, “I don’t usually get nervous, but I’m kind of a little right now. Michael meant so much to me. I know he meant a lot to you guys as well. He was more than entertainer. He was an inspiration. He was kind, gentle and very charitable. People are going to remember him for his dancing and singing, but people have to remember him for being the man he was. Everything I do, [I look at Michael Jackson].”

He added, “I used to look in the mirror and sing ‘Rockin’ Robin’ to myself. When I was really little. I want to sing a little of that for you guys.”

The world famous pop star then sang an acoustic version of his old favorite and brought the house down. “Thank you so much. Have a blessed day. Michael, I love you!” he said, filled with emotion.

At the end of the ceremony, Justin posed next to Paris, 13, and Katherine Jackson in front of Michael’s hand and footprints. It was obvious Justin and Paris have a great friendship, as they were chatting and laughing after the ceremony.

Check back soon for a video of Justin’s beautiful performance. Isn’t he sweet to always pay back to those who inspire him?

Loading video...

Reporting by Sandra Clark

More Bieber News:

1. Justin Bieber & Usher Record New Music For ‘Believe’
  2. Justin Bieber Holds Selena Gomez’s Hand In Puerto Rico — Cute New Pic

sabrina

Posted at 9:11 AM on January 27, 2012

I love JB!!!!

Michael Jackson forever

Posted at 7:27 AM on January 27, 2012

adorable

I haven’t seen him nervous before

Whizzkid mike

Posted at 6:12 AM on January 27, 2012

Justin,in my heart i hav two MJs.u and the late king.add me plis.

danial

Posted at 4:43 AM on January 27, 2012

love justin im from in iran add me pls pls love me justin add me

Guissa

Posted at 4:18 AM on January 27, 2012

love hoooooooooo

Cucu

Posted at 4:11 AM on January 27, 2012

JB plisssssssssssssss add me plisssssssssss

Billy bob joe wit DAT pickle in his mouth

Posted at 2:14 AM on January 27, 2012

Omg micheal jk JB!!!

sunil deshpande

Posted at 11:10 PM on January 26, 2012

Please read as”quite informative” below in my comment

sunil

sunil deshpande

Posted at 11:08 PM on January 26, 2012

The Hollywood Life site is quite information and really entertaining site, everything is commendable here.
Have a nice time always,

with love

sunil deshpande
India (hollywood fan)

Mariyah Bieber

Posted at 11:05 PM on January 26, 2012

Dear haters,

You say were obsessed… your the ones who’s giving his videos a million views. Your making him more famous. So, thank you !

Love: Beliebers (:

ester

Posted at 10:37 PM on January 26, 2012

You need a doctor! you are totally loosing it and better be careful!!! No need to talk like that about anyone!!!!

Cleo

Posted at 9:58 PM on January 26, 2012

Only reason he wanted to attend was to be close to the man who for death, prevented him from being molested before he turned 18 and became a man. He’s still fresh meat and me thinks he wants to be a moler.

JBwife1

Posted at 9:07 PM on January 26, 2012

That is mean and hateful! Do you talk to your mom like that? And what did he do right now? Only pay his respects to MJ and you hate him just for that? Justin is famous and at the top. Get over it. Cuz the more haters Justin gets, the stronger his fan-base is.

megan

Posted at 2:59 AM on January 27, 2012

The things people say about Justin honestly make me want to cry, My brother killed himself when he was 17, and it disgusts me to see people saying that to an incredibly sweet and charitable young man. . He’s so sweet and looked up to Michael Jackson and the career that he had and aspires to be like him in that aspect. As for MJ’s personal life, the ONLY people who will know whether he did what he did or not are the children involved and him. . So whether u or I, as parents, immediately want to believe it, there’s also a chance that it didn’t happen. We’re not god, so we won’t know, but as for his singing career, some are fans, some aren’t but it doesn’t change the success level he had and as for Justin, it’s been 5 years, so of course he hasn’t sold as many albums or whatever as MJ but he was around for DECADES, geez, people need to give Justin time to catch up and he is off to a FANTASTIC start. He’s accomplished things at his age that no other artist did! He has a beautiful voice, he’s extremely talented. And I really don’t believe he’s goin anywhere anytime soon, I feel like he is here to stay.

Avanbieber12

Posted at 11:47 AM on January 27, 2012

Loooooooooooooove MJ AND JB!!!!!!€

Megan

Posted at 3:03 AM on January 27, 2012

I kinda lost my train of thought, but I was agreeing with you. I think it’s disgusting what that person said and you’re right, he has an incredible fan base and the more they “hate” his videos, the more they’ll become the most viewed videos on youtube :)

indy23

Posted at 8:11 PM on January 26, 2012

That is really offensive, what did Justin Bieber ever do to you? I think you’re just very jealous and extremely rude.

Ellie

Posted at 8:08 PM on January 26, 2012

Yeah the drug addict who died with a needle in his arm ! Pee in a bottle and a catheter in his penee! That is a joke ! Thst is how to remembrr er him!

JBwife1

Posted at 9:03 PM on January 26, 2012

Ellie, that is the absolute most hateful comment ever. Remember everything he did for our world, how he changed it. He developed pop-culture into what it is today. How could you even say that? Thats also someones son, brother, and father you are talking about. You respect the dead, and Michael has earned the world’s respect even before that.

trent

Posted at 9:59 PM on January 26, 2012

I’m with ellie why they are celebrating a guy who rape a child kill him self using drugs? there are performers who are alive and done more than him. well i guess hollywood and the entertainment world celebrate rapist,drug addicts and killers oh and child molesters don’t forget child molesters.

justinforlyfe

Posted at 8:05 PM on January 26, 2012

omg justin is so sweeeet!

kboom

Posted at 8:03 PM on January 26, 2012

HE IS THE BEST EVER

melanie

Posted at 7:59 PM on January 26, 2012

justin is the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Neil

Posted at 4:52 PM on January 26, 2012

Michael jackson was a great man

Jae

Posted at 4:42 PM on January 26, 2012

my big brother used to sing me this song, and now to this day he calls me j-bird

David

Posted at 4:40 PM on January 26, 2012

Wow nice

Kathy

Posted at 4:23 PM on January 26, 2012

Soo cute!! You can tell Justin was really nervous, it was very adorable when before he sang, he was like “umm”,,but he did a great job!~

K.E.

Posted at 4:47 PM on January 26, 2012

Bieber really sucks!!

Kathy

Posted at 4:54 PM on January 26, 2012

yeah, thats why he was invited to go to this Micheal Jackson tribute, cause he sucks!! Go away, your jealousy is starting to show!!

jbxx

Posted at 6:59 PM on January 26, 2012

you sucks !!! let justin bieber and stop insulting him

indy23

Posted at 8:12 PM on January 26, 2012

I’m sure he has a much better voice than you

javi

Posted at 8:43 PM on January 26, 2012

dude just because he sings for little girls and his music is generic and he’s to small for a 17 year old doesn’t mean he sucks his music is the one who sucks the kid well he looks and talks lie a retard. i think selena finds retards adorable and sexy.

ISupportJDB

Posted at 11:33 PM on January 26, 2012

Hey ‘Javi’ I know you!
You’re that pimple faced gay kid in the Guinness Book with the worlds smallest brain. DUDE.

erfg

Posted at 4:20 PM on January 26, 2012

Filmed with a Calculator?

courtney

Posted at 4:03 PM on January 26, 2012

nice

angelique

Posted at 4:36 PM on January 26, 2012

wow he was Awsome!!!!!!!!

Erykah Jones

Posted at 4:52 PM on January 26, 2012

I Loved It! Justin U Were Nervous But I Bet Ur Words Touched Alot Of People But You Killed It! And Rockin Robin Too!:) Luv Yah<3

R.I.P. Michael Jackson:') Luv Yuh As Well!!:)<3