Taylor Armstrong Reveals: My Husband Russell Was Always Afraid He Might Kill Me

Wed, January 25, 2012 1:01pm EDT by 32 Comments
Taylor Armstrong Reveals: My Husband Russell Was Always Afraid He Might Kill Me

In Taylor’s new tell-all she reveals that Russell tried to drown her, punched her in the eye, and would strategically place tape recorders around their home without Taylor knowing!

Taylor Armstrong wants you to know that she lived in fear for the six years she was married to Russell Armstrong. Us Weekly obtained a few excerpts from Taylor’s memoir Hiding From Reality and the abuse that Taylor says she suffered during her marriage is beyond shocking.

“I always assumed I was being recorded in the car and at home,” Taylor’s book reads. “I was always careful to make sure the content of my conversations was very clear.”

Russell told Taylor that he wanted her to get pregnant early on in their relationship. But he made it clear that if she didn’t have a girl, he would want her to terminate the pregnancy. Taylor gave birth to their now 5-year-old daughter Kennedy.

“Russell wanted to keep the baby only if it was a girl,” the tell-all continues. “Because he already had two boys. At five weeks I took a blood test and mailed in the sample to learn the gender, and fate, of our baby.”

But Russell didn’t only control that aspect of Taylor’s life, he would allegedly physically abuse her.

“He would grab my hair and bang my head against the side of the car between the two door,” her book reads. “Or against the glass of the passenger window while he was driving, because it made his point to me but didn’t leave a visible mark.”

Taylor tried to hit Russell back during one of his violent outbursts but it only made matters worse.

“Don’t ever do that again because I almost killed you,” Russell told Taylor. “One of these days I’m afraid I’m going to kill you.”

Taylor finally decided to leave Russell after he reportedly punched her eye causing her to have to get reconstructive surgery and a titanium implant beneath her eye.

“Hearing that I was in danger of having a lifelong deformity from something that Russell had done to me was enough to finally snap me out of the spell Russell had over me,” she writes. “When my assistant and I got home from my doctor’s appointment, I told her to pack a bag for Kennedy.”

— Chloe Melas

More Real Housewives News:

1. Camille Grammer: We Are Happy For Kelsey Grammer & Pregnant Wife Kayte Walsh
  2. ‘RHOBH’ Recap: Taylor Armstrong Shows Up To A Party With A Black Eye
  3. ‘RHOBH’ Recap: Kyle & Kim Richards Fight Over Kim’s Loser Boyfriend In Hawaii

HE WAS INSANE

Posted at 1:53 AM on March 22, 2012

Than man was a certifiable PSYCHOPATH!! I know Taylor has her own issues as well. She’s no saint.

But there’s NO EXCUSE for his emotional and physical abuse. His young daughter also suffered tremendously because of this man. Taylor had to sneak away to breast feed her when she was an infant because Russell didn’t want to see her breast feeding and become sexually turned off and no longer attracted to her breast!! Poor woman and poor baby girl.

Maybe deep down Russell knew their lives would be better if he were gone.

Grandma P

Posted at 2:20 PM on March 1, 2012

Test were available since 1999 bozo! My daughter’s results were also accurate!

dianaCGT

Posted at 1:37 AM on February 9, 2012

BOYCOTT This Book! What a manipulating wanna-be. If Russell’s family is reading this, I feel so bad for what this woman has done to you. You must be in terrible pain already, and then this “woman” who has lied continuously on the show, releases a tell all about a man who cannot defend himself two minutes after his death. You are in my prayers. NO ONE is buying her act. Boycott his book!

HW

Posted at 5:17 PM on February 7, 2012

Cracks me up that people make these comment claim to not know Taylor! If they don’t then you should not be making comments about someone you know nothing about. If you in fact do know Taylor then my guess is you are on a money grab looking for any scrap left behind my Russell. Guess what!!!! There is nothing!!!! Your family member, ex lover, ex husband, or friend was a wife beater and a thief who took the coward way out of the mess he created! Now Taylor has to clean up the mess he left. YOU PEOPLE ARE THE GOLD DIGGERS!!!

TaylorLies

Posted at 3:17 PM on February 7, 2012

Taylors friends confronted Russell in front of Taylor and Taylor denied she said he did those things.
Taylor claims he broke her jaw and she repaired it. Taylor claims he beat her on a regular basis. Taylors friends claim they never saw any signs of abuse on Taylor. Taylor decides it’s time to show up to a party with a black eye. A black eye she claimed was given to her by her daughter kicking her. Taylor is a liar and a grifter. Taylors real name isn’t even Taylor. It’s Shanna Hughes.

kathy

Posted at 2:44 PM on February 7, 2012

Gosh there are for sure haters out there, unless you walk in this woman’s shoes and lived her life you have no idea how or what you would do in this situation. I feel sorry for her and her daughter, and yes you can tell the gender of a fetus at 5 weeks, although most of the time it’s done at 7.She probably figured if she had to abort, sooner than later would be better. I do think it’s kinda early for a book, but we don’t know her financial situation (looks bad) so why all the hate? Geeze, people do way worse than this so easy on her because you really have no idea what she has gone through. I have worn those shoes (to some degree) and stayed longer than I should have because I had no self-esteem. Thank God she is seeking help.

paaula

Posted at 1:29 AM on February 11, 2012

i have walked in her shoes. if these stories are true then this was not the time to pretend you are helping other women. she had a choice not to be on the show…but she did…she took her therapist to a party….why would you even go to a party if you were that vulnerable. why would you ignore your husbands family. shame maybe?????????????? while domestic violence is certainly a issue we all need to address, this reality show did nothing to help women…in fact it was shameful and taylor for being on it. she is supposed to love her daughter..but as her personality shows….her first instincts were always on her and making money. she even claimed on national tv she was on the show to make money.

gbtw

Posted at 6:03 PM on January 27, 2012

it’s appropriate that she and kyle are such good friends. they’d both do anything to be in the spotlight, and are MEAN rotten screwed up misfits.

Michelle

Posted at 6:34 PM on January 26, 2012

Taylor, Taylor, Taylor! God punishes liars like you! Rott in hell! Shame on you! GOLD DIGGER! Reading a book by you I like seeking OJ Simpson for marital advice! This is absurd! Taylor, sorry but nobody that has money and their right mind, will NEVER date or support you! You are evil, and we will banish you from Bravo! Go back to your roots woman, like the ones six feet under my tree! Good riddance! Go to hell….

Arnie

Posted at 5:57 PM on January 26, 2012

Taylor is a LIAR! What a stupid broad! So stupid! Do you think we are stupid??? Do you Taylor?!! Wow somebody needs to lick the witch back to where the wind come sweeping down the plains! Sweep this woman this fake woman, sick woman, ugly woman, horrible woman, AWAY!
Not only did she try to live a lifestyle she couldn’t affird, she also flirted with every man on the show including the American Idol chump! How stupid this woman is! Boycott Ugly Duck Lips from Bravo America! Stand up! No Taylor!

Linda

Posted at 8:59 PM on January 25, 2012

I think karma is just starting to kick her ugly, skinny, old looking azz….let’s hope she goes to prison after she looses all the lawsuits against this lying con. Poor daughter, really hate all this for her! She always looks bratty and miserable with this beast of a mother! Quit putting her in the public eye, she obviously can’t handle it! As far as Dr Sophy, the quack should lose his license over those weird and gross nohate photos with Fishlips Taylor. This guy is so a wanna be celebrity-FAIL!

budster

Posted at 5:52 PM on January 25, 2012

I can’t wait to hear who’s story she stole to write this book. The head being slammed against the car door reminds me of Rianna/Chris Brown fight.
Tape recordings…how is it she never brought this up during the show? Beatings yes, neglect yes, tape recordings, she forgets to mention.

regina

Posted at 6:30 PM on January 25, 2012

Yes! Tape recordings. Hmn. Ver-y 1998, if you ask me…

ajmax

Posted at 9:06 PM on January 25, 2012

She probably accumulated different stories from the women at the shelter she has been volunteering at!

gbtw

Posted at 5:51 PM on January 25, 2012

what is most inexcusable and inexplicable to me in all this is that she stayed in this relationship despite having a little girl that depended on her for her health and safety. i don’t even cross the street the same way i did before my daughter was born, because my life and health is so important to another person. how could she have risked her life on a daily basis when she was supposed to be protecting a child? what would’ve happened if kennedy was stuck being raised by this abuser if he killed taylor? i do not know if she’s lying or not. i am giving her the benefit of the doubt that she is being truthful. i just don’t understand where she was coming from that she was not more mindful of her daughter. as this reads, the ultimate turning point was that he was going to make her ugly, basically- not that he was going to kill her, or that her daughter was going to be f’ed up from knowing these goings on, but that he was going to ruin her looks. wow. WOW. . i guess i can be greatful that i don’t understand this. my mother left my father the first time he hit her. i grew up without a father, but man was i better off.

Amber

Posted at 5:51 PM on January 25, 2012

What a bunch of b.s. I don’t condone DV one bit but do not believe a word of this story. Taylor got pregnant to snare rich Russell. I do not believe the stories of abuse either as we have all seen on TV that she grossly exaggerates everything she says. What a fraud.

STELLA

Posted at 5:18 PM on January 25, 2012

I DO NOT KNOW RUSSELL OR TAYLOR PERSONALLY, BUT I DO NOT BELIEVE THIS LOAD OF CRAP ABOUT RUSSELL! TAYLOR IS SUCH A LIAR! I HATE PEOPLE THAT SAY THINGS ABOUT PEOPLE THAT CAN NOT DEFEND THEMSELVES! SHAME ON YOU TAYLOR!!

M&M

Posted at 3:32 PM on January 25, 2012

blood tests to determine fetal gender is done as early as 7 weeks, not 5.

ajmax

Posted at 9:08 PM on January 25, 2012

Not only that, but these tests were not available when Taylor was pregnant with Kennedy!!!!

Marybelle

Posted at 9:43 PM on January 25, 2012

That’s exactly what I was thinking. 5 weeks is waaaay too early to tell. And she got pregnant when they were only dating six months, so he already had that much control over her? Very suspicious.

Floconette

Posted at 3:31 PM on January 25, 2012

is that a mouth?

mvk

Posted at 3:30 PM on January 25, 2012

Russell was a really nice decent guy.

mvk

Posted at 3:29 PM on January 25, 2012

If Taylor’s marriage was so horrible, why did she stay married to him and why is all this coming out now that he is dead? You think perhaps she’s been lying about everything? Of course she has. Russell is not here to defend himself and she can say whatever she likes. Does this woman know that no one likes her? Everyone I know thinks she is trash. She will destroy anyone to make herself look good. Because of Taylor, I personally, and my friends, quit watching Bravo a long time ago. I can’t believe she is still on the air.

nada

Posted at 2:43 PM on January 25, 2012

If she is on the show next season I will never watch another Bravo show again. I will boycott Bravo and I will right a book about all her lies, starting from the time she came To Treasue Island in Vegas to go to my VIP Super Bowl Party 7 years ago with Russell. Taylor I hope you read this, I will come out and tell everyone the truth about you and Russell, I have saved all his emails to me that he sent me during your fake marraige.

Amber

Posted at 5:55 PM on January 25, 2012

The truth needs to come out since Russell cannot speak for himself. There is a contact number at Radar Online, please contact them with your information!

nada

Posted at 2:40 PM on January 25, 2012

I wish one of these gossip mags would call me so I can tell them the truth. It makes me sick to my stomach the lies this peice of trash is telling people. Now I know for sure she is lying as she was pregnant before they got married. I know he did not want to marry her, this confirms to me she is lying about everything.

ajmax

Posted at 9:10 PM on January 25, 2012

Then why dont you contact the Mags, better yet contact Lynn N Chicago Blog, she is writes articles for Rumor-fix!

Summertime

Posted at 10:49 AM on January 27, 2012

Nada, you need to contact the blogger that runs Stoopid Housewives. She and all her posters are trying to get to the truth of Taylor and her lies. Please contact her!

nada

Posted at 2:38 PM on January 25, 2012

This story is such bs, Russell felt forced to marry her because she got pregnant, she got prenant on purpose so he would marry her. He told me this himself. He did not want to marry her. No one buy her book, I’m so sick of her lies.

vp

Posted at 8:36 PM on January 25, 2012

Russell had another baby by a women, they were engaged and she became pregnant. Russell never married her tho. So why would Russell suddenly feel like he has to marry her just because she was knocked up? It doesn’t make any sense…if you KNOW THEM SO WELL…

ajmax

Posted at 2:20 PM on January 25, 2012

ARE YOU SERIOUS, TAYLOR REALLY THINKS WE ARE THAT GULLIBLE…OK THAT DID IT, I AM DONE WITH BH HOUSEWIVES, AND FOR THAT MATTER DONE WITH BRAVO ALL TOGETHER…BELIEVE ME WHEN I SAY I KNOW A NUMBER OF PEOPLE WHO WILL FEEL THE SAME AS I DO TO THE POINT WE WILL BE CONTACTING SPONSORS TO TELL THEM WE WONT PAY FOR THEIR PRODUCTS CAUSE THEY BACK BRAVO!!!!…I AM SOO MAD THAT THIS WOMAN IS GETTING AWAY WITH HER LIES!!!

Heather

Posted at 1:38 PM on January 25, 2012

She is a liar….hope Bravo dumps her wretched self….