Michelle Obama's State Of The Union Dress: She Looks Beautiful In Blue

Wed, January 25, 2012 9:27am EDT by 20 Comments
michelle obama state of the union dress

The fashionable First Lady looked conservative and chic in a royal blue Barbara Tfank dress.

Michelle Obama definitely knows the importance of looking appropriate yet still high-fashion, and when she took in the State of the Union address on Jan. 24 it was no exception! The First Lady looked radiant in the bright blue sheath by designer Barbara Tfank.

Michelle kept the look simple and chic — and she totally stood out! Adding a brooch to the frock, Michelle kept the rest of her accessories minimal. The First Lady is known for her loyalty to brands and her ability to mix attainable fashion with high-end items, so it comes as no surprise that she opted for a designer that she has worn multiple times in the past.

What did you think of Michelle’s look last night?

Katrina Mitzeliotis

seo marketing strategies

Posted at 5:26 AM on July 1, 2012

Excellent beat ! I would like to apprentice whilst you amend your website, how can i subscribe for a blog website? The account helped me a appropriate deal. I had been tiny bit acquainted of this your broadcast offered brilliant clear concept

powiatowe

Posted at 3:42 AM on May 23, 2012

I just like the helpful information you supply for your articles. I will bookmark your weblog and test once more here regularly. I am quite certain I will be told many new stuff proper right here! Good luck for the following!

when will windows 8 be released

Posted at 7:22 PM on May 12, 2012

Thanks a lot for sharing this with all folks you really know what you’re talking approximately! Bookmarked. Kindly also consult with my web site =). We can have a hyperlink change arrangement between us

learn more

Posted at 5:49 AM on May 12, 2012

I will right away clutch your rss as I can’t find your email subscription hyperlink or newsletter service. Do you’ve any? Kindly let me recognize so that I may just subscribe. Thanks.

Poetry

Posted at 11:56 AM on May 10, 2012

Heya i’m for the primary time here. I found this board and I to find It really useful & it helped me out much. I am hoping to present something back and help others like you helped me.

style

Posted at 5:12 AM on April 30, 2012

Thank you for any other informative website. The place else may I am getting that kind of info written in such an ideal approach? I’ve a venture that I’m just now running on, and I have been on the glance out for such information.

Linda

Posted at 9:20 PM on January 25, 2012

She kinda looks pregnant

arnette floyd

Posted at 6:42 PM on January 25, 2012

Too,too much makeup, especially the extra long full black eye lashes. She’s already beautiful. Her dress was outstanding.

Susan Petrarca

Posted at 4:45 PM on January 25, 2012

Beautiful?
And the dress?
Ill-fitting and inappropriate. It’s the SOTU, not a cocktail party.

sarah

Posted at 7:18 PM on January 28, 2012

i agree.
Beautiful dress and she looked very attractive.
However it was inappropriate for the state of the union.
This is not a cocktail party.
You do not wear $2K dress to state of the union when so many people are out of work.
But then again, this is the same lady who wore designer sneakers worth hundreds of dollars to the soup kitchen!!

Missy

Posted at 3:42 PM on January 25, 2012

I think she wore the dress for the colour – democratic blue you know – she’s supposed to stand out. Maybe a two piece suit or a more business like dress would please some people. She’s the First Lady – it’s up to her to set the tone and she can wear whatever she wants while she’s doing that.

Koji

Posted at 3:22 PM on January 25, 2012

Michelle Obama has to be the most beautiful if not the sexiest First Lady, ever. So hot. It wouldn’t matter what she wore. Authentically gorgeous .

sarah

Posted at 7:21 PM on January 28, 2012

It is not a question of how attractive she looks.
It was inappropriate.
You do NOT wear a cocktail dress ot a business meeting.
Especially when the “business is going BANKRUPT”!

Miranda

Posted at 1:31 PM on January 25, 2012

Yes, the dress is gorgeous, but you think she could have had it better fitting. Also, Bella’s brooch would have been better than that huge chunk across Michelle’s chest.

Rita Osborn

Posted at 1:10 PM on January 25, 2012

She is so out of touch with the average American woman. In these difficult economic times she shows up in a $2,000 designer dress, that should be worn, if ever, to a cocktail party. She is a narcissist and clearly wanted to draw attention to herself. Totally inappropriate, and I am offended by her once again.

Paula

Posted at 1:17 PM on January 25, 2012

Get use to being “offended” for another 4 years you jealous hater.

Jesse Greathouse

Posted at 12:42 PM on January 25, 2012

Not sure why you would describe this dress as “appropriate”… It looked like she was trying to be a stand out and and draw attention to herself by wearing something that would be completely out of place and overly flashy. To me it looks like everyone is dressed appropriately EXCEPT her by how strongly her attire stands out.

Gigi Foro

Posted at 12:41 PM on January 25, 2012

She must get some help with her wardrobe, it is so often so wrong for a woman her size and position. Really, a cocktail dress for the SOTU?!!

Paula

Posted at 1:23 PM on January 25, 2012

Your comment not only doesn’t make sense, but it reveals your hating jealousy. If she gets professional help with her wardrobe…how is it also wrong? You haters are so beside yourself with jealousy that you don’t even know when what you say is crazy.

Carry

Posted at 2:53 PM on January 25, 2012

We are not worried their will be no more spending of our money by this president and his wife because he is out in 2012!