'Gossip Girl' Producers Reveal: There Is Definitely Another Season

Wed, January 25, 2012 4:37pm EST by 21 Comments
Gossip Girl Season 6

Good news! Joshus Safran and Stephanie Savage told the press Jan. 25 they are ‘not writing the series finale’ just yet. Are you excited?

Normally when a show makes it past 100 episodes, the end is near, which is why Gossip Girl fans have been wondering what will happen to Serena, Chuck, Blair and the rest of the gang after this fifth season comes to a close. Fortunately, the show’s creators shared great news with us earlier this morning at the CW offices in Burbank.

“We’re not writing the series finale,” executive producer Joshua Safran said, coyly.

When pushed for more details on future seasons, Stephanie Savage jumped in to explain.

“That’s with so many conversations and people stare at me and roll their eyes and say, ‘Dude, you have to stop asking me this. You shouldn’t be writing the series finale,'” she said. “We checked in with our bosses to make sure we’re not shooting ourselves in the foot.”

While that’s all they could tell us about Gossip Girl‘s future, Joshua and Stephanie couldn’t help but rave about how excited they are for the show to get to the 100th episode, which airs next Monday, Jan. 30.

“To be able to get [to 100 episodes] especially on a serial drama, espeically on a show about young people, especially during a writer’s strike, it’s a big deal,” Stephanie said, graciously.

Are YOU excited to see what happens next on Gossip Girl? How many more seasons do you want?

Get More ‘Gossip Girl’:

1. Gossip Girl’ Scoop: Blair May NOT Be A Runaway Bride, Says EP Josh Safran
  2. Nicole Says: Why Blair Waldorf Will Leave Prince Louis For Chuck Bass On Her Wedding Day
  3. ‘Gossip Girl’ Wedding: Blair Would Never Say ‘I Do’ With Such Messy Hair

beatrice s.

Posted at 7:41 AM on May 12, 2014

at least 2 MORE SEAsons I love this show I would moving off my bedroom seen gossip girl so yessssss

Rediet Debesom

Posted at 2:35 AM on February 17, 2014

i love gossip girls more than other series , i think Blair & chuck meant to be together and ,Lily & Rufus wow what love?!

Elias

Posted at 6:39 AM on March 8, 2013

Keep going we want to c u going to another hundred of apesods.

NKbabyalltheway(;

Posted at 5:57 AM on February 22, 2013

blair and chuck are ment to be I wold love for more seasons im so obsessed with watching it cant end :( lol XOXO

Kate

Posted at 1:37 PM on December 9, 2012

I hope there is a season 7 I think Serena and Dan go so well together so do Serena and Nate I think Lola is a watse of a chracter and Gorgina is irritating

madison

Posted at 5:03 PM on September 25, 2012

Keep it going!!! I am so attached to these characters. I don’t know what I would do with out this show!

erin

Posted at 10:32 PM on September 10, 2012

Will There be a Gossip Girls Season 7 according to josh Safran We’re not writing the series finale
Stephanie said there will be more details on future seasons,

Kate

Posted at 1:39 PM on December 9, 2012

i’m not to sure anyway do think Serena and Dan go well together

queen

Posted at 3:05 AM on June 22, 2012

Please update your information. Chuck and blair need to end up together

leshae

Posted at 11:49 AM on May 23, 2012

I am completely obsessed with gossip girl. Its the best thing that has ever happened to television. I have never followed any series before the way I do GG. I absolutely love it. Also…CHAIR for life! All th way. I love chuck and blair together, they belong together and should have a future together with lots and lots of kids. I can’t believe dan was even an option! Gross, him and serena make a way better pair. They should do a snap shot into the future in the finale, the way they did in Harry potter. Lol…ahh GG for life:)

leshae

Posted at 11:49 AM on May 23, 2012

I am completely obsesses with gossip girl. Its the best thing that has ever happened to television. I have never followed any series before the way I do GG. I absolutely love it. Also…CHAIR for life! All th way. I love chuck and blair together, they belong together and should have a future together with lots and lots of kids. I can’t believe dan was even an option! Gross, him and serena make a way better pair. They should do a snap shot into the future in the finale, the way they did in Harry potter. Lol…ahh GG for life:)

Ashley

Posted at 7:49 AM on March 19, 2012

I think Gossip Girl should never end! And chuck and Blair should be together and not Dan. Yayy Gossip Girl!!!!

GG LOVER

Posted at 10:49 AM on May 6, 2012

true! this should never end. but they do need to get Lola out ASAP! LOL

Courtney

Posted at 2:26 PM on March 9, 2012

I would love to see at least 2 more seasons. I love Blair and Chuck and think it will be really nice to see them happy together again.

Megan

Posted at 8:27 PM on March 8, 2012

Putting Blair &Dan together was the best choice ever made in GG history. Over the past 5yrs their relationship has been building with sexual tension. They are themselves around each other. All I have to say is..END GAME! I want there to be at least 2 more seasons with Dan &Blair together especially in the end. They are the only reason I still even watch this show.

ysm

Posted at 10:46 AM on February 25, 2012

6 is enough I want to see end up Blair with Dan.If dan’s not an option anyone else but not chuck.Blair must be happy

alexz

Posted at 9:29 PM on February 11, 2012

i would like to have 7 seasons :)

Guest

Posted at 5:21 PM on January 25, 2012

Yayy great news! I would like to have more season for GG 8 or 9 or 10 seasons :D

Sarah

Posted at 4:46 PM on January 25, 2012

I think season 6 should be the last… And finally, we can see Chuck and Blair be happy!, this is the only thing I want.

Camrie

Posted at 2:45 AM on March 8, 2012

I am in love with Gossip Girl(: I would love to see at least 3 seasons or more!I can’t get enough of Blair and Chuck(:

Kristin

Posted at 2:51 AM on March 8, 2012

Blair and Chuck must end up together,it would ruin everything if they didn’t!I totally love Gossip Girl and can’t wait for more seasons(;I’m hoping for 4 more!