Demi Lovato & Wilmer Valderrama Have Officially Split — New Report

Wed, January 25, 2012 9:21am EDT by 16 Comments
Demi Wilmer Breakup

Demi and Wilmer reportedly broke up three weeks ago but was it a mutual decision to end their romance?

Demi Lovato is officially single! We’ve been speculating for a few months about whether Demi and Wilmer Valderrama had called it quits and now The New York Daily News is reporting that insiders close to the couple have confirmed the split. But what went wrong?

“They’ve been broken up for three weeks to a month,” says the source. “It was a mutual decision.” No doubt the 12 year age difference was a factor.

Demi, 19 and Wilmer, 31, have been on and off since 2010 and got involved after her devastating split from singer Joe Jonas. But after a series of emotional tweets from Demi and now her recent decision to quit Twitter, it makes us wonder if heartbreak drove her to stop sharing.

Meanwhile, Wilmer has been reportedly partying at Sundance in Park City, Utah., and was spotted holding hands with a “gorgeous, light-skinned black girl” while on his way to hotspot Tao.

Was Demi hinting at her feelings when she tweeted on Jan. 12: “The smartest thing a woman can ever learn, is to never need a man.”

Do you think it’s over for good?

— Chloe Melas

Loading video...

More Demi:

1. Demi Lovato’s Sexy New Bra Pic Revealed
  2. Demi Lovato Reveals: I Only Have Four True Friends
  3. Demi Lovato Tweets Details About Her Sexy Tyler Shields Photo Shoot

Lovatic

Posted at 9:51 PM on March 2, 2012

WAIT, I mean, There is NO age for love… besides Wilmer older or not has never broked demi’s heart, JOE DID, so SHUT UP if Demi is happy, LOVATICS SHOULD BE HAPPY

lovato biggest fan

Posted at 12:22 PM on February 28, 2012

Soooooooooo that`s mean they BROKE_UP???!If Yes:YEHHHHHHHHH!
If No:BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Rachel Berry

Posted at 7:48 AM on February 21, 2012

Was she seriously dating him? 12 years makes no difference when your 60 and 72 but come on 19 and 31? Was she for real? Good thing they broke up this was seriously crazy…

rebecca

Posted at 12:37 PM on January 31, 2012

YES! DEMI CAN DO BETTER THAN WILMER! JOE IS THE ONE!

Taylor Castelli

Posted at 6:58 PM on January 26, 2012

I think Demi has not found anyone good for her yet because she’s way better than everyone else!!!

Sarah

Posted at 2:47 AM on January 26, 2012

Demi , I wish one day you read these comments. I asked Doug this afternoon what was his plan of action now that you are single? He quickly answered , “Everything is Gods plan and God knows Demi deserves the best because she is beautiful and if the best is not me then I can live with it”….I’m going to tell on him again –during the People’s Choice Awards / Red Carpet / Post Interview –Everyone was like “oh look at Demi’s dress” ..First thing Doug says ” Look at those eye lashes”

Gary B

Posted at 10:54 PM on January 25, 2012

What killed this relationship was an AGE difference, not mental one not a physical one. Demi is a 31 year old in a 19 year old’s body, Wilmer is a 19 year old in a 31 year olds body.

Demi including her treatment stint has been through stuff that has mentally aged her. She had TWO BF’s back home who DIED. One from Suicide, another from a snowboarding accident, a divorce and the bullying she endured. Wilmer comes off as one of those guys in school who was the top jock who had everything handed to him, life was easy street for him. It shows in his behavior.

Doug

Posted at 12:44 PM on January 25, 2012

@ Lovatic —- Demi would want you to ” Stay Strong” ….and just as a tid bit ( which I am sure you already have) most everyone turned to her Face Book page.

lovatic

Posted at 12:25 PM on January 25, 2012

I can’t sleep at night thinking that now demi quit twitter I don’t know why?? Plz Demi Come back again in twitter plz demi having u in twitter it was the only conection wiht you and now that you quit it…it’s so so sad for me I love you gil plz come back in twiter….Godlovato…………..♥♥♥♥Lovatic 4 life Love you

Doug

Posted at 11:45 AM on January 25, 2012

Man I can’t make those 3 tour dates on her web site..Maybe I’ll send a “scout” with some flowers and letter… No that never works– dang it — just blows I’m in North Carolina and she’s in LA LA LAND.

Gary B

Posted at 11:31 AM on January 25, 2012

SO now it is official?

kim

Posted at 11:24 AM on January 25, 2012

i am so happy that they are over this is why i love demi so much<3 Single is as follows having friends is better than being with someone that make ones life misreable :) Stay strong demi :)

Jamal

Posted at 10:47 AM on January 25, 2012

Yes. Now I can make my move!

James

Posted at 10:36 AM on January 25, 2012

I love and hate this site so much.

rebecca

Posted at 12:39 PM on January 31, 2012

I DESPISE THIS SITE SO MUCH

yay

Posted at 9:45 AM on January 25, 2012

Good on her, I find him off putting.