'The Vampire Diaries' Scoop: Jamie Will Factor Into Bonnie's 'Flawed Love Life'

Tue, January 24, 2012 4:16pm EDT by 17 Comments
Courtesy of The CW (3)

Robert Ri’chard previews how Bonnie & Jamie’s relationship will grow & reveals why he’s impressed by Paul Wesley.

Jeremy (Steven R. McQueen) has one very good reason to return to Mystic Falls, and it goes by the name of Jamie (Robert Ri’chard.) Although Bonnie’s (Kat Graham) alleged “new love interest” didn’t get too much screen time with her on his inaugural episode of The Vampire Diaries, Robert assures HollywoodLife.com he’ll be back to make some magic happen. “There’s more story to be told, and it’ll drift towards Bonnie because, I guess, she has a pretty flawed love life,” Robert tells me. (Yeah, that’s a bit of an understatement.)

Like most people on the show, Robert is being kept in the dark about Jamie’s future with Bonnie, but he says viewers can likely expect the chemistry to develop between them, especially as he stays close with Bonnie’s mom Abby (Persia White.)

So when can we expect to see Jamie’s beautiful face back on our screens? I hear he’ll be popping up again for at least episodes 17 and 18, meaning we’ve got quite a while before his next sighting. I’m hoping Jeremy comes back before then, not just because I miss his crossbow-wielding antics, but I’d also love to see a Jeremy-Jamie showdown!

And while I had Robert on the line, I figured I’d find out what it was like to lose his Mystic Falls virginity…

OK, first impressions — What was it like stepping onto the show as a newbie?

“It was a really well-run set, and at first, I was intimidated by the size of the show. Going onto a show that already has such a big following, every mom, every daughter, everyone I talked to was like, ‘Wow, you’re on a really big show.’ So I just decided I was going to go in and work hard and put out a really good performance. I think I felt more pressure on this than when I guest starred on, like, CSI: Miami.”

That moment when Jamie shot Stefan was kind of a jaw-dropper. How was working with Paul Wesley?

“That kid is so talented! I’ve worked with a lot of young male leads, and I probably give him the biggest kudos, because he was effortlessly good on set. He just came in and he knew exactly what he wanted to do. He was super confident, and he really made me step it up a notch to go face-to-face with him.”

Were you familiar with the show, or did you need a crash course? It’s kind of complicated.

“It’s funny, I found myself talking to cast members and asking them what was going on. I also sat down with one of the writers at lunchtime and asked him a bunch of questions. He was really helpful and definitely steered me in the right direction.”

So, friends, what are your initial thoughts on Jamie? Would you like to see him hook up with Bonnie, or are you still holding out hope that she and Jeremy will patch things up? See you in the comments section!

— Andy Swift

Follow Andy on Twitter for more Vampire Diaries scoop

Start Building A Quality Email List In Just 6 Steps - Free Software

Posted at 4:12 PM on June 13, 2012

obviously like your web-site but you need to test the spelling on several of your posts. A number of them are rife with spelling problems and I find it very bothersome to inform the reality then again I’ll surely come back again.

Eloise

Posted at 12:58 AM on March 6, 2012

Who cares about bonnie. But, I thank HER& Jeremy got need some closeure. But,I thank Jamie will turn that he is useing bonnie for selfish reason. Has anyone forgot about the witch love interest bonnie had. Whom was working for elijha. I thank Jamie is Trouble with a capital T.

Jessica

Posted at 6:45 PM on January 29, 2012

Bonnie and Jeremy had great chemistry but i like Jamie so we’ll see how it goes when they interact more.

TAylor

Posted at 12:42 PM on January 28, 2012

I think Bonnie and Jamie will make an adorable couple <3 She needs a nice strong and a bit older guy in her life. I didnt like Jeremy and Bonnie; no chemistry whatsoever.

rwemz

Posted at 4:21 AM on January 27, 2012

first of all i really think that bonnie deserves a bigger role and i also think she makes a cute couple with jeremy!!!!!!!!

martina

Posted at 9:37 AM on January 25, 2012

I don’t like Jamie at all, and I think Bonnie deserves a kid of boy totally different from him…
The Bonnie storyline is always approximative and boring… the writers hate Bonnie, I love Bonnie and I had so many expectation… now the hope is gone…

Candygirl

Posted at 1:16 AM on January 25, 2012

I really have nothing against the actor. I think Bonnie is a character that constantly gets the shaft. I don’t know her at all. It has taken them 3 seasons to intro. a parent. So,do we get to meet her father? No, they give her a boyfriend? Really? I am convinced that the writers just hate Bonnie.

lily

Posted at 9:14 PM on January 24, 2012

robert calls paul wesley “that kid” and “young male lead”
when they’re both the same age :P

Chelle

Posted at 6:36 PM on January 24, 2012

Robert has played a few roles that gave me reasons to smile. I will always be a fan of Arnez from ‘One on One’ I also liked him in ‘Coach Carter’. So, I’m looking forward to seeing what he brings as Jamie on ‘The Vampire Diaries’

clara

Posted at 6:35 PM on January 24, 2012

So we have to wait so long for him to return? I love Bonnie but I just don’t see the writers investing in her and Jamie. Look how they destroyed her and Jeremy which I’m still upset over.

Can they please give me more Bonnie story and more Stefan/Elena sweet moments!

Rochelle

Posted at 7:43 PM on January 24, 2012

Yes I’m with you, when it comes to Bonnie/Jeremy still bitter about that one.
I’m worried about the writers being invested in a Jamie/Bonnie pairing as well seeing as he won’t be around until epi 17. We’ll see it might not even be romantic. If it is I just want it to be done right.

Rochelle

Posted at 6:05 PM on January 24, 2012

I think it’s to soon to be on board with this.It’s also to soon to not like it. We’ll see when episodes 17&18 roll around. Bonnie is my girl and I want the best for her.

Fabregasdamon salvatore

Posted at 4:41 PM on January 24, 2012

Jamie and bonnieis so cool

Candygirl

Posted at 4:39 PM on January 24, 2012

I am not feeling Jamie and Bonnie at all. Jamie did nothing for me.

Andy Swift

Posted at 4:43 PM on January 24, 2012

Give him time. I’m a fan of Robert as a human being, so I’m sure he’ll bring it when the time comes.

Anelisa

Posted at 4:42 PM on January 25, 2012

i am also still bitter about the fall out between Bonnie and Jeremy, they were so cute together.
I hope they work things out soon and this Jamie dude just needs to disappear

Linnea

Posted at 3:58 PM on March 28, 2012

Last Episode when Abby bit Jamie was so scary! I legit screamed in my room hahaha. My mom ran in and was like WTH! This show is so good and Jamie and Bonnie are hott!!!