Kim Kardashian: If You Truly Loved Kris Humphries, Then Why Did You Divorce Him?

Tue, January 24, 2012 2:10pm EDT by 66 Comments

Kim, you insisted to Kelly Ripa on ‘Live! with Kelly’ on Jan. 23, that you truly loved Kris and that you tried everything to make marriage work — but that can’t be true.

Kim — if you truly loved Kris Humphries when you married him on Aug. 20 2011, then there’s no way that you could have fallen out of love just a few weeks later.

That’s not how love works. True love is a much stronger, deeper emotion than that. It doesn’t just exist for a couple of months — enough time to get engaged and married — then go puft — as soon as you start to live together and film a reality show.

Loading video...

Yes, infatuation, can disappear within a matter of months, especially, if you were infatuated simply with the idea of a wedding, more than an actual person.But real love doesn’t dissolve into simply not caring, at all, 72 days later.

Furthermore, you declared to Kelly that you tried “everything” to save your marriage within that 72 days, but again, Kim — you know that’s impossible.

Remember — you filmed a reality show virtually from the beginning of your marriage. In the first couple of episodes you were gung ho to get pregnant and start a family with Kris — so you must have still been happily married at that point.

Then, all of a sudden Kris was starting to “annoy” you, you needed to take a “sister” weekend away from Kris. You were upset that he went to Toronto to make a public appearance without your approval.

Before that you were miffed that he has a small party in your hotel suite when you weren’t there. Then you were off to Dubai — alone — on business where you confided in your mother that you weren’t happy in your marriage — it was OVER!

So where did the trying everything to save your marriage come in? At what point were you truly trying to work out your issues and problems with Kris? When did you even tell him how you felt about him and the marriage? When did you get counseling?

What in fact, were your real problems with Kris? We never saw him being that difficult or unloving on the show? We did not see you trying to control him. We saw you disapprove of him every time he did anything independent of you. But he was never malicious. He never cheated. In fact, we never saw him look at another woman.

We did see him being puzzled or hurt by your cold behavior to him and his sister, Kaela.

So we’re not quite buying into your statement that you “tried everything” in 72 days, to make your marriage work. Seventy – two days in itself is NOT a long time to make any marriage work, and especially one that is being filmed for a reality show.

It’s also not a long time to fall out of love with a person that you really did love when you said your wedding vows. And to coldly serve them divorce papers when you were thousands of miles apart. If you had had any feelings left for Kris, at all then you would have handled the split far differently.

Didn’t he deserve more consideration because of your past feelings at least, when you split. Was it really fair to off load him by filing divorce papers without his knowledge, allow them to be leaked to the press, and then leaving for Australia, the very same day?

Is that any way to treat someone that you once loved… 72 days ago?

– Bonnie Fuller

More Kardashian News

1. Kim Kardashian To Film Extra ‘KKTNY’ Scenes
  2. Kris Humphries Furious With Kim Kardashian For Turning So Many People Against Him
  3. Kris Humphries Won’t Date Again Until Officially Divorced, Says Close Source

Email me! | Follow Hollywoodlife.com on Twitter | Become a Facebook fan

helllokitty2142

Posted at 6:37 PM on January 24, 2012

i agree with bonnie on this one

Carmel

Posted at 6:33 PM on January 24, 2012

Alex, I don’t agree with you that Kim loved Kris. Your comment “If Kim didn’t care she wouldn’t have chased him down to that elevator. If Kris cared he would have talked to her like a HUSBAND would do to a wife, and try to work it out, but he didn’t”…. I really can’t understand why you made this judgement because the discussion that took place in the room between Kim and Kris was not shown to us. We only heard Kim’s side of the story when she told Kourtney that Kris was not happy about consulting with Mr John. Of course Kris would not be happy because he’s a Christian and therefore not supposed to be consulting with the dead through a medium. I think it is very unfair making judgement like this when you did not see what went on in that room between Kris and Kim. Why was the discussion edited out? They showed us all the bad things Kris said or did. I believe the part where Kris advised Kourtney to apologise to Scott was not edited out just to prove a point that Kris liked helping other people with their problems but would not recognise when there’s issue in his own life. In fact this was the only time he was portrait as a good person on the show. And of course when he advised Kim to write something nice for Jonathan’s book. I wondered why?

Melanie

Posted at 6:21 PM on January 24, 2012

“E” melda. Maybe we both need to get a life and change channels. The fact that you’re the one doing research on Kim tells me s lot. FYI I made no remarks on anyone else’s post. The fact that Kris is immature was my own observation. I don’t dislike Kris. I just think they shouldn’t have married. Opinions. There’s an old saying. And everyone has one. Thanks for taking such an interest in mine.

emelda

Posted at 7:30 PM on January 24, 2012

If you are not defending her then why did you say she made a mistake? What is her age?31yrs. How many times has she been married? Twice. Listen try to stick to one name. You are either Diane or Melanie not both when writting a post. I don’t have to do research for Kim because I don’t need to, she does it with her mouth, on print etc. being immature is not a cause for divorce. Stop defending stupidity. Ooooh let’s see, dead daddy told her to divorce!!!!. What a clown.

Melanie

Posted at 7:56 PM on January 24, 2012

No where in my post did I say Kim made a mistake. I said Kris was immature. Let me explain to you. Kim is as you say 31. Kris is 26 too young (immature) to be married. Especially given all the expectations placed on him to be married to Kim. Now I just want to know who is Diane? I still like Kim. And I never said I disliked Kris. I’m not defending anyone.

emelda

Posted at 8:55 PM on January 24, 2012

Melanie I am sorry that I mixed up Diane and you. Listen I did support Kim until after the marriage fiasco. I don’t like when people think they can play games. I have the same star libra with Kim because I was born in October too. But Kim listens to her mom too much and seems to be unable to make up her mind. The fact that she has done so many things that we cannot delve into for now, should make you understand why I put things together and decided she was not a good person inside. To go to the extend by editing tapes soooooo much to make someone you said you did love as well as create new scenes to make yourself feel good and damage the other person speaks volume. Sometimes, a person’s actions can tell you how rotten they are inside. The KKS will destroy even a fly to get money and fame, and I will tell you Melanie, I cannot support that kind of a person. Kim is a total replica of her mom. Good outside but devilish inside. Those kind of human beings are dangerous. Look at the episode she thought johnathan had written a book about her. What did her mom say and what did Kim do? Did she talk calmly to her friend as she claim to know why? No. She invited him for lunch and then ditched him. She ran to her mom and what did she say? By the time people get up in the east coast this guy will regret he ever messed with you. There you go Melanie, just a little sneak peak of how the KKS function.

Carmel

Posted at 5:49 PM on January 24, 2012

Another great article from Bonnie – she’s 100% spot on. I always enjoy reading your articles because they’re always very sensible and well written. Kim said she tried everything to make the marriage work. What exactly did she do to save the marriage? Kim should have said Kris tried everything to make the marriage work I just wasn’t in love with him. From what I saw Kris H was the one who tried everything to make the marriage work: he left MN and went back to NY because of Kim, he agreed to live with Kourtney and Scott even though it was not convenient, and he endured humiliation from Kourtney, Khloe and Kris J. I don’t agree that Kris H is immature I believe he said some not too nice things to Kim out of frustration. He was frustrated with the way he’s being treated by Kim and her family, frustrated because he couldn’t have any alone time with his wife and frustrated because of lack of respect shown toward him by kim and her family. I believe he just wanted so badly to capture his wife’s attention that he ended up saying those bad things out of frustration. These are not enough ground for divorce. Kim has made a very bad decision and she will live to regret it. She’s lost someone who genuinely loved her and she will never find anyone who will truly love her like Kris did. Good luck to you Kris H, your handsome face will be missed. Kris H, just to let you know that you’ve done nothing to justify why Kim filed for the divorce.

Alex

Posted at 4:52 PM on January 24, 2012

After watching the show, and WATCHING how Kim tried with kris theres no telling she loved him. She TRIED talking to him, and it shows. Kris loves helping with everyone elses problems, but not his. I wasnt a huge kim kardashian fan, but after this whole divorce thing, I think Kim has changed alot. KRIS on the other hand was forceful with alot of things. You go out to partys without your wife knowing, you invite all types of people into a suite where a child lives, and you dont live there alone, and on top of that you invite guests without letting ANYONE know. Its not called checking in. If you live with someone give and you invite someone over family wise tell them ahead of time so they can clear their schedule. kris didnt do so. If Kim didnt care she wouldnt have chased him down to that elevator. If kris cared he would have talked to her like a HUSBAND would do to a wife, and try to work it out, but he didnt. If Kim didnt care she wouldnt have shed a tear, but she did. People can say what they want about the kardashians, and Kim in general, but I can tell shes had a huge growth, and i applaude her for that.

Jamie

Posted at 7:56 PM on January 24, 2012

Kim did nothing salvage her marriage. So, she chased him to the elevator, so what. What exactly did she give up to make the marriage work? NOTHING. As Carmel said, “What exactly did she do to save the marriage? Kim should have said Kris tried everything to make the marriage work I just wasn’t in love with him. From what I saw Kris H was the one who tried everything to make the marriage work: he left MN and went back to NY because of Kim, he agreed to live with Kourtney and Scott even though it was not convenient, and he endured humiliation from Kourtney, Khloe and Kris J.”
Additionally, when she wanted to attend their NY welcoming party he went even though he had to wake up early the next morning for workouts (sorry kim, we can’t all party all night and sleep in the next morning). When she wanted to have a family Kim said she would NEVER live in MN, they would have to live in CA. Kris said no, but eventually gave in and agreed to starting a family. And then kim changes her mind and decides not to start a family and tells the camera that she is puzzled that Kris agreed to this after the discussion they had…..B1tch, you told Kris you wanted to have a child and he was trying to please YOU! She is selfish, self-cented, and a fame-whore!!!

sanela

Posted at 4:11 PM on January 24, 2012

WHO CARES THEY BROKE UP THEY BROKE UP IT WAS THETE CHOICE NOT STUPID PEOPLE I AGREE WITH OLIVA BONNIE SORRY BUT YOU DID TO CALM DOWN

lolilea3

Posted at 3:40 PM on January 24, 2012

No, she did not love Chris, so yes the marriage should end. But would a disgusted display of spoiled riches to require a 2million dollar ring and elaborate wedding for a two month marriage. Not only that – she didn’t return the gifts. He is immature – that’s not a crime. He is also more down to earth, and frankly, the stuff he called her out on was often legit. They were not a good fit though, and if I were his family, I would not want my son marrying into that ostentatious over the top over entitled clan. Kim and her mother by far the worst. The rest are okay. This isn’t about hating Kim. Yes, she is beautiful, but she has no depth and is materialistic to the extreme. It’s not attractive. (Neither is her self obsession or high maintenance lifestyle.) Khlo and Kourtney have actually developed either more depth, skills, or personality. Kris and Kim are mirror copies of greed.

olivia

Posted at 2:25 PM on January 24, 2012

ONE BONNIE NEEDS TO SHUT UP SO DO ALL THE KIM HATERS-IF YOUR MARRIAGE DOESNT WORK BE IT 72 DAYS OR TWO YEARS IF IT ISNT WORKING DIVORCING IS THE ONLY SOLUTION! SO I THINK KIM DID THE RIGHT THING AND THAT SHE DID LOVE KRIS HE JUST WAS TOO SMALL MINDED AND CONTROLLING AND COULDNT DEAL WITH HAVING A VERY VERY FAMOUS WIFE!

kimmie

Posted at 2:13 PM on January 24, 2012

No, Kim Kardashian NEVER truly loved Kris Humphries. The ONLY reason she married him is because he showed her 20.5 carate diamond ring in which she should be also ORDERED by the Court System to return his ring back because she did NOT deserve the ring. She failed as a wife to even give her NEW marriage a chance. Hell, she was ONLY married for (72) days, so she hadn’t even gotten into a REAL marriage which by the way is like a JOB. You have to work at it daily. When Kim Kardashian said her Wedding Vows at “I DO”; Kim Kardashian that meant that you were actually signing up for a REAL marriage with everything that comes with it such as the good times, the bad times, the ups and downs, and crazy turn arounds, the disappointments, the happy times, the sad times. Again, Kim Kardashian MARRIAGE requires alot of hard work. You have failed as a devoted wife to your Husband, Kris Humphries, lets face it.

Melanie

Posted at 2:02 PM on January 24, 2012

I think Kim was infatuated with him and hurried into a marriage. I’m sure she saw the signs before she married Kris. He’s just way to immature. Kim we all love you. Can’t wait for the finale.

emelda

Posted at 4:24 PM on January 24, 2012

Melanie get a life. Do your resea rich before you defend Kim. When Reggie bush broke up with her, she said the same thing. Googl it!!!!.she said Reggie was immature. Soooooooooooo, who is always the mature one according to Kim………her. What a joke. The kardashian machine always comes out and sabotage anyone who is not in their inner circle. Kris never said anything after Kim filed for divorce, until they started with husband from hell and blah blah blah!!!. Has kris called her a whore? No.. So why are you writing nonsense. Do you think Kim is mature? Please get a grip!!!!!!.

@Melanie

Posted at 8:01 PM on January 24, 2012

No, you have it wrong. Kim was inlove with the idea of marriage not Kris, which explains why she placed ALOT of effort into creating a successful wedding. Maybe, she should have placed that much effort into her own marrige.

xoxoxo stephh

Posted at 1:52 PM on January 24, 2012

i think kim really loved him i think she was jusst tired of his bs not cleaning & living like a pig , she really did love him ! she isnt used to being married shes uses to being single .

Eva

Posted at 2:37 PM on January 24, 2012

That is not a reason to divorce – “she was just tired of his bs not cleaning & living like a pig.” If that was the case than I would’ve divorced my husband a long time ago, but the difference between Kim and I when it comes to marriage and love is that I respect my marriage and DO love my husband. Marriage is not a fairytale, it is hard work, but if you love someone than you would do everything to make it work! Kim gave it 72 effin days and then claims she tried everything to make it work, REALLY? It’s been six years of marriage for me and it is still hard work, but my marriage is worth it because I LOVE my husband!

Sunshine

Posted at 1:32 PM on January 24, 2012

Actually, Kris is one of the most obnoxious rude men I’ve seen in a long long time…he is a homophobe and has no limits or boundaries with what he says to people.

They were both infatuated… he was far from in love also.

I wish they would both just GO AWAY!!!! It’s been since October this story broke….who cares still?

Jazzy

Posted at 1:29 PM on January 24, 2012

Marriage is hard work and if you TRULY love someone than it is WORTH IT! Unfortunately, Kim was more inlove with the idea of marriage than with Kris, which would explain why she put more effort and work into planning her wedding than making her marriage work. Kim, a 30-YEAR-OLD WOMAN, needs to grow up and leave fairytale world and back to reailty!

Rosie

Posted at 12:37 PM on January 24, 2012

From what little I saw, she is a control freak. It is her way or no way at all. I am sure he burped on her, farted on her long before the marriage. Kardashian is in her 30′s. Time to grow up and face life. Life is not easy. it is not a damn fairy tale. She insists they live with Kortney and her mate, Disick and their 2 year old. Just where newlyweds should be…living with another couple. It is okay for her to come and go as she pleases, but poor old Hump must toe the line. Certainly I would begin to tune her out too as she has no sense what so ever. it is all about herself. A selfish, vain woman who has really done nothing to deserve all the publicty she and her useless family have.

Rosie

Posted at 12:31 PM on January 24, 2012

Finally some common sense. Ms. Kardashian must be the only one who really beleievs what she says. In and out of love and marriage in a mere 72 days. A ridculous “fairy tale” wedding which cost millions and all done for the sake of publicity. The look on her face when Humphries told her that once she married and had kids, she would be forgotten by the public was priceless. She has absolutely no common sense. I am sure there are plenty of folks who will call me a hater. I don’t hate the woman but I certainly don’t like her or her family. I find them totally selfish and self centered. If she does not know the difference between love and infatuation at her age, she needs to do some growing up. 100% Humphries is immature. But she chose to tell the whole world he was perfect and how much she loved him and then after a insanely over the top wedding she decides to “follow her heart” and divorce him. Marriage takes alot of work. and if one partner is not willing to do the work it is doomed. Kardashian chose to run…to make herself look like a victim of love. Instead she looks like what she really is…a victim of her own stupidity, selfishness and self centered love of herself. Humpries is better off without her. She is nothing to be proud of.

rocko

Posted at 12:23 PM on January 24, 2012

Way to tell the truth Bonnie! Your poll speaks for itself. She did not fool the american public like she wanted so now she is doing everything to try to save her precious empire. I hope that Kris gets his annulment and can finally (hopefully) let us know what it was really like to be married to that selfish pig! Have you noticed that when she discusses her marriage she NEVER mentions his name or that he is even a person. All about her! Sign the petition at boycottkim.com and let’s get rid of this trash!

Bias21

Posted at 12:10 PM on January 24, 2012

Your questions are right on point. Finally someone with some common sense. I would have asked the same questions too. I never use to watch that crap but did do because i wanted to find out what Kris did to deserve that. NOTHING. The guy is immature but she knew that before the marriage, didn’t he burped in her face before they got married. I would have slapped the hell out of him much less to marry him. But no, Kim wanted a great show of a wedding and look away. BS that she tried. I believe they edit a lot and did not show us much, there is a lot missing. For the KK fans I am not hating just expressing my opinion. You fans need to widen your vocabulary.

Michelle

Posted at 11:52 AM on January 24, 2012

This chick is an idiot if she thinks we are buying any of her crap. 72 days and you tried everything…thats pretty funny! He was immature I will give her that, but she came off like a selfish spoiled brat. She is only worried about her career, and that in and of itself is not a bad thing. Just own up and say you care more about your career than actually having a family. It will only be sad when your looks have faded and “noone cares about you anymore” and you are ALONE! And it will happen….it always does!
You make your choices and you live with your choices…just own it for crying out loud.

Gaia

Posted at 11:51 AM on January 24, 2012

OMG!!!! I can’t believe that there are people so stupid!

you are obviously one of them!

John G

Posted at 2:05 PM on January 24, 2012

Wake up America !! This so-called marriage was a sham from the get-go. The KarCASHians are nothing more than Hollywood Hustlers. They would sell their souls if the price was right. What a bunch of NO talented, big butt, not that attractive scam artists. Who REALLY gives a damn about this worthless bunch? Move on America.

Bella

Posted at 11:37 AM on January 24, 2012

I agree with diana. Did kris humphries pay you to write this btw? Sounds like you’re more bitter about the divorce than any of them. Some people can just fall out of love. Bad habits & failure to communicate can result in a dissolution of any relationship or marriage. Who cares if she didn’t try everything to save her marriage? She experienced some things with him that she didn’t like or want to put up with & admitted to jumping in too quickly. It’s her fault for not getting to know him more before they decided to marry & it’s his fault for repeatedly doing things to annoy her such as going behind her back & shutting her down when she wants to talk.

Gaia

Posted at 11:53 AM on January 24, 2012

100% agree with Bonnie!

She never felt anything for Kris!

RJ

Posted at 12:09 PM on January 24, 2012

It sounds like this was written by girdle butt Kim.

Jazzy

Posted at 1:26 PM on January 24, 2012

Marriage is NOT a “fairytale.” It’s waking up next to a spouse who has morning breath and is not always going to say, “yes, I agree” to everything you say. It’s more than 72 days! It’s not going to Mommy over everything — it’s talking things out with the one to whom you said you’d be with. It’s GROWING UP, which is something that I’m afaid Kim K has not done. I watched parts of the show today, and to tell you the truth, she has the personality of a wet dishrag. Kim needs to get out of her fairytale and back to reality. Marriage is hard work and if you TRULY love someone than it is WORTH IT! Unfortunately, Kim was more inlove with the idea of marriage than with Kris, which would explain why she put more effort and work into planning her wedding than making her marriage work. Kim, get over yourself and grow up…you’re a 30-year-old woman, time to leave fantasy land!

L.

Posted at 10:45 AM on January 24, 2012

SHUT UP BONNIE !
Let it go. Don’t judge Kim so much. I’m sure that you have made mistakes in you life too.

Heather

Posted at 10:44 AM on January 24, 2012

This is perfectly said. Finally someone has the guts to out and out say what everyone else is thinking. Its the truth and the Kardashians are famous for NOTHING!

Maddie

Posted at 11:41 AM on January 24, 2012

I agree 100% with Bonnie. It doesn’t take a mere 2 months to suddenly fall out of love with somebody you just married! She should’ve sought marriage counseling if she’s such “hopeless romantic” and wanted things to work out like she says she did. what a bunch of BS.

Whatever

Posted at 10:41 AM on January 24, 2012

This is flipping ridiculous! There is NO WAY that Kim tried EVERYTHING to make her marriage work in the 72 days they were married. It takes lots of TIME and COMMITMENT to make a marriage work. She must think people are stupid enough to buy into her load of crap. Why not be a grown up and say I married Kris for the wrong reasons and I just wasn’t into him after all the hype and the big wedding were over.

She is an OBNOXIOUS human being. I wish she would GO AWAY!

Linda

Posted at 10:08 AM on January 24, 2012

she tossed him under the bus when they weren’t offered a spin off show.

Diana

Posted at 9:52 AM on January 24, 2012

Bonnie it’s sad that you think kris was good in his marriage. I’m not a fan of hers but she couldn’t discuss anything with him cause every time she tried he’d just dismiss or say something so belittling. She made a mistake let it go.

Joan

Posted at 11:37 AM on January 24, 2012

It is called editing! They also did reshoots without him after the divorce.

Z

Posted at 3:38 PM on January 24, 2012

Even with the editing Kris still comes off far better than Kim.

The KardashianStans on here are amazingly clueless.