Kim Kardashian: If You Truly Loved Kris Humphries, Then Why Did You Divorce Him?

Tue, January 24, 2012 2:10pm EDT by 66 Comments

Kim, you insisted to Kelly Ripa on ‘Live! with Kelly’ on Jan. 23, that you truly loved Kris and that you tried everything to make marriage work — but that can’t be true.

Kim — if you truly loved Kris Humphries when you married him on Aug. 20 2011, then there’s no way that you could have fallen out of love just a few weeks later.

That’s not how love works. True love is a much stronger, deeper emotion than that. It doesn’t just exist for a couple of months — enough time to get engaged and married — then go puft — as soon as you start to live together and film a reality show.

Loading video...

Yes, infatuation, can disappear within a matter of months, especially, if you were infatuated simply with the idea of a wedding, more than an actual person.But real love doesn’t dissolve into simply not caring, at all, 72 days later.

Furthermore, you declared to Kelly that you tried “everything” to save your marriage within that 72 days, but again, Kim — you know that’s impossible.

Remember — you filmed a reality show virtually from the beginning of your marriage. In the first couple of episodes you were gung ho to get pregnant and start a family with Kris — so you must have still been happily married at that point.

Then, all of a sudden Kris was starting to “annoy” you, you needed to take a “sister” weekend away from Kris. You were upset that he went to Toronto to make a public appearance without your approval.

Before that you were miffed that he has a small party in your hotel suite when you weren’t there. Then you were off to Dubai — alone — on business where you confided in your mother that you weren’t happy in your marriage — it was OVER!

So where did the trying everything to save your marriage come in? At what point were you truly trying to work out your issues and problems with Kris? When did you even tell him how you felt about him and the marriage? When did you get counseling?

What in fact, were your real problems with Kris? We never saw him being that difficult or unloving on the show? We did not see you trying to control him. We saw you disapprove of him every time he did anything independent of you. But he was never malicious. He never cheated. In fact, we never saw him look at another woman.

We did see him being puzzled or hurt by your cold behavior to him and his sister, Kaela.

So we’re not quite buying into your statement that you “tried everything” in 72 days, to make your marriage work. Seventy – two days in itself is NOT a long time to make any marriage work, and especially one that is being filmed for a reality show.

It’s also not a long time to fall out of love with a person that you really did love when you said your wedding vows. And to coldly serve them divorce papers when you were thousands of miles apart. If you had had any feelings left for Kris, at all then you would have handled the split far differently.

Didn’t he deserve more consideration because of your past feelings at least, when you split. Was it really fair to off load him by filing divorce papers without his knowledge, allow them to be leaked to the press, and then leaving for Australia, the very same day?

Is that any way to treat someone that you once loved… 72 days ago?

– Bonnie Fuller

More Kardashian News

1. Kim Kardashian To Film Extra ‘KKTNY’ Scenes
  2. Kris Humphries Furious With Kim Kardashian For Turning So Many People Against Him
  3. Kris Humphries Won’t Date Again Until Officially Divorced, Says Close Source

Email me! | Follow Hollywoodlife.com on Twitter | Become a Facebook fan

air purifiers review

Posted at 8:08 PM on July 1, 2012

I simply could not go away your web site prior to suggesting that I extremely enjoyed the standard info an individual supply on your visitors? Is going to be again incessantly in order to check up on new posts

Mariia

Posted at 3:24 AM on January 30, 2012

I truly agree with you.Kim needs to get over her self. Enough is enough we just need to stop supporting her and her family in watching the show, buying the chep stuff at Sears!!! well you get the point right???
I feel sorry for Kris H in the way they made him look, even though he did know who the F… were the Kardashians. It still was not right to treat a person like the way they did.
It’s just sad that we have supported this behavior all this time, of an over grown women who is a liar self involved and manipulateive,human. Let’s make a differences now and stop supporting her.

christi

Posted at 2:53 AM on January 27, 2012

Kim cares more about her pedicures,her botox appoinments and inflating her body to get more ratings than the people in haiti… shows to prove that no matter how many false lashes she piles on, how many layers of makeup she applies and how tight her clothes r… she isn’t gonna find true love if she don’t get over herself plus she’s is liar!

tnebergall

Posted at 6:19 PM on January 29, 2012

I feel what you said is true.

Carmel

Posted at 11:48 AM on January 26, 2012

Tina I agree with you that the only reason Kim went to MN to bring Kris back to NY was because they did not have a storyline without him. Kim never loved Kris. I believe she should just apology to Kris H for all she’s put him through and also let him have the annulment. I really can’t understand why she’s not getting that people are not believing all her lies, the more she opens her mouth the more people despise her. She should just shut her mouth and not say anymore for now. She keeps getting all the backlash because people believe she’s just treating the general public like idiots. she said “I am now going to rewrite my fairy tale”. Kim, fairytale never happens in real world. Kim, Please rewrite ur fairytale, is just that this time you will find it extremely hard to find a prince charming to slide into it. Even my 7 yr old daughter knows fairytale is not real – why a 31 yr old woman believes life is all about fairytale is beyond me.

Anna

Posted at 4:01 AM on January 26, 2012

She truly didn’t love Kris, thats why she divorced him!!! The wedding was a hoax!! Kris Humphries never had any control over the wedding because he was not in on the game plan that Kim Kardashian, Kris Jenner, and the rest of the show’s producers scripted for the show!! Slowly, Kris Humphries starts putting his foot down because he begins to get a bit of clarity. She can go on trips, but she would have a fit if he did, She would spend time with her family, but she made no time for his sister, she allowed her friends and family to degrade him and his profession, but she couldn’t stand it if he gave it back to her. She would make time to go eat with her friends, ex: Jonathan, at the drop of a dime, but wouldn’t make time for Kris Humphries or his sister… Kourtney, Khloe, Scott, Kris Jenner, Lamar, Kendall, and Kyle were all in on it with the exception of Bruce and MAson!! don’t be dumb people or easily manipulated. Khloe told people she gave the marriage 6 months, what sister does that…she did, cuz she knew it was going to happen soon but just said 6 months just to say it. The gift registra stated Oct 31, 2011, the same day she filed, That was not a coincidence!! Kim Kardashian and her family has manipulated, deceived, just lied to all their fans and made millions off of them!! She admitted on her blog that she should have not gone thru the wedding because she did not love Kris, and she only admitted it because of the backlash!! If you guys don’t get it now, you will continue to be Kardashian suckerz! hahaha

Tina

Posted at 10:45 PM on January 25, 2012

The one statement she made that I believe is that she didn’t expect the backlash. I truly believe she thought because she was Kim Kardashian and everyone loves her it would be ok no matter what she did or who she hurt. Keeping the wedding gifts instead of returning them to the people who gave them to her was also shamefull. Once the crap hit the fan her and her Mom had to scramble to re-edit and add scenes to the show to tell a different story to try to make Kim the victim. They have failed so far and really I believe have made it worse by doing this. I believe Kim did want to be married since she has tried to get everyone she has been with to marry her but I don’t think she truly loved Kris. I think she just thought he would be in the background and bow down to her and when that wasn’t the case she dumped him. I do believe she knew it wasn’t right before the wedding but she wanted the wedding and everything (money and gifts) that came with it. On the new season I haven’t seen her show him any respect with the exception of the first show. Probably the only reason she went to bring him back to NY was because they didn’t have a story line without him. Another thing about her $50,000 donation. She didn’t actually donate the money she donated her time (I guess her time is her talent – go figure) unless she was paid to be at the event. It wouldn’t suprise me. What did she do on her Haiti trip to help? I didn’t see her working on any rebuilding or here or any plans she has to really get involved. All she did was visit and all she does is talk about wanting to visit again but nothing about how she plans to help. How long did she actually stay at the shelter to “feed the hungry”. I saw one picture where she looked disqusted and was leaning away from the food and the person she was serving. Couldn’t tell what disqusted her the food she was serving or the person she was serving. All of these appearances are self-serving to try to make sher appear as if she cares. You know if she actually donated some of her own money (not some of the money she made by returning her wedding gifts) that would make a real story. Pk, I have vented enough. Thank for listening if you got this far.

Heather

Posted at 6:06 PM on January 25, 2012

Kim was just interestd in fame.In any case Kris is way above Kim’s league, The sexy body, the to die for smile and the awesome personality of kris should enable him to get a better woman.Kris is not the looser here.

vkm

Posted at 3:58 PM on January 25, 2012

Kris H. seemed to change from before the wedding (at Bora Bora), when he was chivalry toward Kim. Kris made Kim laugh a lot. She said that’s what she loves about Kris and “things are going good so far” (Kim said to Kris and later to her family). However, right about the wedding time, Kris turned 360 and seemed to stop being nice to Kim, perhaps it has to do with the NBA lockout situations. As a young man inexperience with life, perhaps Kris took frustrations our on Kim, (thinking she’s not going anywhere). Also they became engaged to soon before the relationship is fully mature. I remember seeing Kim took a really-long pause and looked almost hesitant before accepting Kris proposal, on the show.

Maria

Posted at 7:33 AM on January 25, 2012

All is fake abour the Kardarshiah for the sake of money and fame.

Melanie

Posted at 4:52 AM on January 25, 2012

How can she say she loved him when she’s said she knew she wasn’t in love with him BEFORE the wedding and only got married because of the hoopla? Kim is stepping in her own sheit.

lmond00

Posted at 1:46 PM on February 2, 2012

I agree Melanie. She can’t Keep Up With Her Lies! She’s constantly on her phone trying to find what people are saying about her and possibly trying to spin more lies around the accusations to make her self look good. Please get her out of our lives! Kris is a tall drink of Christian hotness and again it’s her loss. Bonnie you’re creating a buzz girl!

Laura

Posted at 12:02 AM on January 25, 2012

Kim seems emotionally immature and very superficial. Her good looks and fame stand in the way of her personal growth. We all start out immature and naive so I’m not going to judge her it’s soooo hypocritical to do so. I wonder if I were in her shoes would I do any better. Circumstances in my life have caused me to notice that the world does not revolve around me and that I have to do a lot of giving even If I have nothing to gain. As an aside, I think Kim and her mother have the tendency to get over things very quickly. People who have this ability don’t feel the need to change their behavior because their pain is always short lived, lucky girls!

NANCY

Posted at 7:01 AM on January 25, 2012

PEOPLE ARE PUTING THE BLAME ALL ON KIM BUT IF THE SHOW IS LETTING US SEE ANYTHING IT SHOWS THAT THE MARRIAGE WAS A MISTAKE FROM THE BEGINNING, AND IT IS NOT ALL KIM’S FAULT. THE FAULT BELONGS TO THEM BOTH. THEY WERE NOT RIGHT FOR EACH OTHER AND NEVER SHOULD HAVE MARRIED. KIM IS A CONTROLL FREAK AND WANTS THINGS HER WAY AND KRIS IS A BIG KID WHO IS ALSO HAS SOME TYPE OF ME MAN YOU LITTLE WOMAN COMPLEX! I THINK THAT THE SHOW IS ONLY SHOWING A LITTLE OF THE DISLIKE THESE TWO DEVELOPED FOR EACH OTHER. KRIS ACTED LIKE A LITTLE BOY WHEN HE DID NOT GET HIS WAY AND THAT PARTY WAS NO SMALL GET TOGETHER, WHEN YOU ARE AS BIG AS THE KARDASHIANS YOU DO NOT LET STRANGERS INTO YOUR HOME AND HE SHOULD HAVE KNOWN BETTER!AND THE MESSINESS WOULD HAVE FOUND ALL HIS STUFF OUTSIDE, JUST BECAUSE HE WAS DOING IT TO ANNOY HER AND USE IT AS A CHILDISH POWER STRUGGLE, THAT GROWN MEN DO NOT DO! I HAVE BEEN MARRIED FOR 20YRS AND I SEE THIS CHILDISH BEHAVIOR ON BOTH THEIR PARTS AS STUPID!

lmond00

Posted at 1:59 PM on February 2, 2012

Uumm Nancy. Kim HERSELF said she rushed into the marriage when she knew she shouldnt have. He thought she loved him too. She is guilty of reshooting scenes. He is guilty of still loving her. He was a big kid yes but he was having fun with his wife the way all couples do. He’d bust her balls he’d pick her up and playfully throw her on the bed cuz she’s so tiny. It may not be how your man treats you but it was his way of having fun. I mean we ALL saw how she didnt mind it when he did all the jostling until she knew she didnt want to be married anymore. He may be young but he was NOT going to be a puppet like Lamar Bruce and Scott. That’s what made him good for her. She needed someone to tell her no for once in her life. She’s too damned spoiled! That’s why he was messy he wanted her to stop being so uptight and accept that people are not OCD neat freaks and when you are married you have to compromise which she did not do! Why can’t an adult invite friends over to their home? She invited a nake yoga instuctor to the same place!!!with out his knowing about it first. The friends he invited brought people along and it got out of control. Not his fault he just wanted to entertain. At least he was honest enough not to let Scott take the blame. He’s a good guy PERIOD! He got over her when she disrespected his sister to the point that she left NY early. Before that he was putting up with her crap. After what happened with Kaela you saw him just distance himself because she had already started that process when she came home from Dubai. A real GROWN woman would have said “my feelings have changed we need to talk about it, I don’t want to have children with you yet, I think I want a divorce. All those sentences could have been uttered to him at some point but never was. She’s a lowlife coward and shame on you for rewarding her childish behavior!

Darlyn

Posted at 10:54 PM on January 24, 2012

THANK YOU. I am still unclear why Kim fell out of love with Kris. What did he do other than be slightly messy and maybe a bit to playful/physical? I have no idea. I laugh when she says she tried everything…her mother admitted that Kim didn’t want counseling but felt divorce was the best decision. Oh, and she really believes John Edward talked to her dead father and he wanted her to get divorced. Riiighhhtt…

Laura

Posted at 12:09 AM on January 25, 2012

Kris seemed to have the need to show Kim that she was not his boss, leaving his clothes around…growing a gross mustache before the wedding, he was probably really insecure. He seems to be squeamish and inflexible about certain things, black male nudity, psychic medium readings. He doesn’t seem to be compatible with the liberal shock-seeking Kardashian clan. I think Kim realized it was a bad fit, the sort of analysis one does before one gets married.

TRUTH

Posted at 9:41 PM on January 24, 2012

Everytime a Kardashian’s mouth moves it’s lying, so you can’t go with anything one of them say. That’s why I look at their actions.

Kim cashes out at 17 mil for wedding, endures a 72 day marriage, walks away with the 17 mil. There is no love here. I don’t see it. I see 17 mil.

The Truth

Posted at 9:01 PM on January 24, 2012

Funny how People Get so worked up over People they don’t even know. You guys are so funny, Arguing like you Personally Know Kim & Kris.

Debra Wehry

Posted at 8:57 PM on January 24, 2012

I really do not understand! I don’t think we are watching the same show. Kris H. has insluted Kim from day one. He has bullyed her by trying to show Kim he is going to do whatever he likes. Everyone is down on Kim but, what kind of husband leaves his wife the first week they are in
New York City? Kris H. left his wife and walks away when she trys to talk with him. He says he is not instreated in what she has to say unless it is what he wants to hear. He put her family down all the time. He thinks the guys are on a leash and don’t have any balls. Oh, by the way that was not a small party he had. It was a big one. You don’t bring in a pony keg of beer and maga bottles of liquor and run out of 100 cups for a small get together.
Canada, really? He knew all along he was going to Canada for a Guest Appearance for big $$$Money. He did not cancell the appearance so they could get someone else for it. He just wasn’t going to tell Kim. Than, he talks Scott into going with him because he dosen’t want to go alone. Then, says to Kim “part of me isn’t used to being married”. He wanted to go do the gig and see his old friends just like he told Kim he wanted to do. Then, told Kim want she wanted to hear knowing he was going anyway. I don’t know what show you are watching but, if someone in so unhappy that they are even getting mad at family and friends over nothing I say its time to bale and I don’t belive in divorce. My Husband and I have been married for 36 years and together for about 43 years. We have had our ups and downs but you talk and listen to each other. You don’t just up and leave like Kris H.

watched same show

Posted at 9:08 PM on January 24, 2012

Y yes Debra I watched the same show.

Lilixoxo

Posted at 11:09 PM on January 24, 2012

So ur saying u would divorce ur husband if he went to Toronto without telling u?

Laura

Posted at 12:29 AM on January 25, 2012

Amen! Totally agree!

teresa nebergall

Posted at 3:13 PM on January 26, 2012

Kris seemed like a pretty good newly married guy trying to love Kim and keep his identity as a man and husband. Kim goes off to Dubai and Mystic. Did she not think he felt neglected by his wife? Kris is not a loser here because as long as Kim is controlled by her mother who encourgages “all about us”, no one will ever been the winner.

Gloria

Posted at 1:21 AM on January 25, 2012

If you loved your husband and respected him. Then why is it ok for you to travel the world and put him on a leash. No you can’t go to an appearance but its okay for me to go out of town with my sister or its okay for me to go to Dubai with my mother. Give me a break, Kim planned a FAKE wedding and took the public for a ride. Yes Kris should have told her that he was going to Canada. And of course Canada is not that far from New York, give me another break. Kim ‘You left the country without telling your wife’. My goodness, she acts like he is a puppy that is under her command. The show makes her look very selfish and stupid. If you are a childish person then you BALE without counseling!!!! Every marriage has ups and downs which you discuss rationally. But if someone is constantly dictating then they will irrate the other person and nothing will get accomplish.

Blia

Posted at 8:54 PM on January 27, 2012

Not true!!! Almost every couples (married or not) walk out after an argument because you need to get away, to get a breather. Who would want to stay if there’s hostility and the fight gets worst? People walk out to get away from that very same environment to avoid more arguments. So it’s normal for that to happen. My parents gets into fights and when they do, one of them ends up leaving.

Robb7

Posted at 9:27 PM on January 27, 2012

I’m kind of flabbergasted that someone your age would even watch a program that is obviously skewed to a young audience — a young, and naive audience.
Your defense of Kim’s actions reads like a teenager’s lame attempt to excuse her BFF’s bad behavior. Whatever…