'Jane By Design' Recap: Jane Gets A Little Too Close To Jeremy

Tue, January 24, 2012 10:44pm EST by 10 Comments
Courtesy of ABC Family

Plus, Jane’s going to have to decide: Dream job, or dream guy?

Remember last week when I was thrilled that Jane’s (Erica Dasher) luck finally ran out on Jane By Design, thereby proving she’s really human? Well, her ridiculous luck was back in full swing on the Jan. 24 episode, as she and Jeremy (Rowly Dennis) teamed up to convince the editor in chief of Modern Empress magazine to feature Donovan Decker’s design on her next cover.

As it turns out, all the EIC really needed in her life was a little fun — and that fun came in the form of a big, fat cheeseburger. But Jane’s calorie-fest wast handsomely interrupted by Nick (Matthew Atkinson), who nearly blew Jane’s whole I’m-really-a-high-school-student secret in front of Jeremy. That crisis quickly took a back seat, however, when Jane realized Nick was on a date with some skanky rando. And even a crude sexual invitation from Jeremy wasn’t enough to lift her spirits.

Jane’s guy trouble continued back at home, when she forced to discuss Billy’s (Nick Roux) full-on relationship with Lulu (Meagan Tandy.) She eventually conceded that Billy’s happiness is more important than her own issues, which is good, because Jane owes him big-time after all her crap he’s been putting up with lately.

So what do you think of Jane’s romantic shenanigans this week? Are you still hoping she hooks up with Billy, or would you like to see him happy with Lulu? Is Nick worth putting her fashion career on the back burner? And just for argument’s sake, would you like to see her test the waters with Jeremy? See you in the comments section!

— Andy Swift

Follow Andy on Twitter for more Jane By Design updates

Jenny

Posted at 1:31 AM on January 29, 2012

Isn’t Jane a senior in high school? If so that would place her at 18 or a couple of monthes away from it. If this is the case is her and Jeremy’s relationship really that bad?

f

Posted at 5:11 PM on January 26, 2012

I think Billy and Jane shoudle get togather because there so cute for eachother

anisa

Posted at 1:12 PM on January 25, 2012

please can someone let me know where i can download the latest episode from.

Parker

Posted at 7:00 AM on January 25, 2012

When things went Jane’s way again this week, you were the first person I thought of. I had to come read your review.

Jane and Billy will happen eventually. They planted those romantic seeds in episode 2. Seeing as their relationship is one of the main aspects I find interesting on this show, I’m curious where it’s going to go. I am also intrigued by the Jeremy/Jane thing. It’s illegal and he does come off smarmy when he hits on her but they have a fun vibe. As for Nick, he’s great to look at, but I find him incredibly boring.

Andy Swift

Posted at 3:32 PM on January 26, 2012

Haha, aw, thanks :)

And I agree with all of your thoughts. Billy and Jane will happen eventually.

I’m interested in Jeremy/Jane and, considering what they did with Aria/Ezra on PLL, you know ABC Family loves May-December (illegal) romances

And Nick: So pretty… but so boring.

TooOld2Watch

Posted at 12:04 AM on January 25, 2012

Jane and Billy is clearly going to happen if this show doesn’t go the way of Chloe King (my guess would be by the first season finale there will be a kiss). The show has already alluded to the fact that Billy has clear admiration for Jane with the implication of undiscovered romantic feelings.

Jane and Nick were interesting until tonight’s episode. Nothing from the previous episodes suggested that Nick was seeing other girls while he was doing the popular boy pine for Jane. This development seemed to come out of left field (unintended baseball reference).

Since this is an ABC Family show I have gotten used to the required illegal relationship between an adult and a minor. Jane and Jeremy are actually the most interesting in this case too. And it’s always cute to see the “uncool” girl get chased by the “cool” guy. Even if he comes off as gay 50% of the time.

Andy Swift

Posted at 3:33 PM on January 26, 2012

“Since this is an ABC Family show I have gotten used to the required illegal relationship between an adult and a minor.”

I love you.

Absab102

Posted at 11:38 PM on January 24, 2012

I think Billy and Jane should NEVER gO out. Why can’t a guy and a girl be friends without romance getting in the way!!!! I also think Jane should be with nick it will make things more complicated making the show more fun! plus nick should be like all over Jane again without her knowing it cuz that was really cute

Melly

Posted at 6:16 PM on January 25, 2012

Absab102 You hit it out of the ball park. I feel the same way I am so tired of these storylines where two best friends finally wake up and realise they were meant for each other. Enough Jane and Billy should be nothing but best friends. Her and Nick I like that but please writers enough with my best friend is my soulmate crap

Andy Swift

Posted at 3:34 PM on January 26, 2012

Have you noticed that EVERY promo for every episode involves some sort of Jane-Billy cliffhanger, even though that’s not at all what’s really going on? They’re pushing “Jilly” on us, and I don’t approve.