'90210' Recap: Vanessa Tells Liam The Truth — So Is He Back With Annie?

Tue, January 24, 2012 9:30pm EDT by 10 Comments
Courtesy of The CW

Confession may be good for the soul, but as we all saw this week, it’s not good for ‘Lannie’ fans.

The Jan. 24 episode of 90210 was an emotional roller coaster for fans of Liam (Matt Lanter) and Annie (Shenae Grimes.) And just like a roller coaster, I ended the hour disoriented and ready to puke. That said, I’m over the moon that Annie’s bitchy side has once again decided to grace us with its presence, and I look forward to the shenanigans it will undoubtedly bring.

To make a long, crazy story short, Vanessa (Arielle Kebbel) came clean to Liam about hitting him with her car — which Annie has no right no judge her for, considering she ran over a guy less than three years ago, then slept with his nephew to cover her tracks — but instead of turning on her, Liam actually took pity on her. So not only is Annie not attending the school of her dreams, but she also lost the guy. For those of you keeping score at home, that means Annie is… not doing well.

Speaking of secrets being leaked, Navid (Michael Steger) discovered that, not only is Silver’s (Jessica Stroup) new boyfriend is also the adoptive father of Adrianna’s (Jessica Lowndes) bebeh, but she’s also thinking of moving with him to New York. And in typical Navid fashion, he couldn’t keep the secret to himself, so now Adrianna’s got baby on the brain. I predict she’ll be making Annie look like the sanest girl in Beverly Hills very soon.

Meanwhile, Naomi (AnnaLynne McCord) was up to her trust fund in work drama. She attempted to use her latest party planning assignment to mend Holly (Megalyn Echikunwoke) and her mother’s relationship, and much to the surprise of absolutely no one, her plan blew up in her face. Holly’s mom ended up firing her, but thanks to a super-drunk — and apparently easily impressed — movie star, Naomi might just be launching a business of her own. Because, you know, two weeks as an intern qualifies you to do that.

As for Austin (Justin Deeley), I’ll be honest: I always assumed that when Naomi broke up with him, he would disappear into whatever void swallowed up Ethan, Jasper, and all the others. But he’s still very much around, and he spent this week’s episode wallowing in self-pity. And alcohol. And apparently arson.

And then there’s Ivy (Gillian Zinser.) Instead of getting back together with Raj (Manish Dayal) or searching for the last shred of her dignity, she spent the episode cavorting with her new artsy fartsy boyfriend.

OK, let’s try to make sense of all the terrible, awful things that happened this week: Will Annie continue on her downward spiral into insanity? Will Adrianna go all womb-raider and steal back her baby? And when will Liam start making good life choices? See you in the comments section!

— Andy Swift

Follow Andy on Twitter for more 90210 updates

Guest

Posted at 8:17 PM on January 28, 2012

I was thinking the same thing about Austin too! Is he going to be like Ivy, who gradually becomes a part of ‘the gang’?

Also hanging out for a Navid/Adrianna reunion…

Mary

Posted at 1:56 PM on January 27, 2012

This episode made me think that there might be a comeback of Adrianna and Navid..

ari

Posted at 8:09 PM on January 26, 2012

Am I the ONLY one who thinks its weird that Ivy is dating her TEACHER?! That’s soooo against college policies. At least Gossip Girl actually acknowledged that…

hilia

Posted at 3:25 AM on January 26, 2012

why can’t they stop ruinning Lannie ? why Liam always has to chose someone over her ? That’s so lame. This show is so annoying lately.

Tori

Posted at 3:16 PM on January 25, 2012

WHT THE F****
SERIOUSLY! I agree,worst ep of the season. I’m Lannie fo life <3 hope Vannesa die. PUT ANNIE AND LIAM BAK TOGETHER

kevin

Posted at 2:45 AM on January 25, 2012

bad episode, worst one so far for this season.
I hate Vanessa, I hate her i hater her I hate her.
Why the f0ck does the writer let her get away with something so brutal and let Annie suffer every damn season???
On a side note, I would rather see Holly as a series regular next season rather than skunkface Vanessa. Just saying.

Michelle

Posted at 10:58 PM on January 24, 2012

Bring lannie back!!!!! I miss them!!!! They belong together!!!

naomi

Posted at 10:29 PM on January 24, 2012

Wtf? I can’t believe what they are doing to Annie and Liam!!!! Whyyyyy??? Please bring them back together!!

Andy Swift

Posted at 10:51 PM on January 24, 2012

Is this the real Naomi Clark?! I’m honored you became real and graced this recap with your comment.

Mellita

Posted at 10:32 AM on January 26, 2012

I hope Navid and Adrianna get back together. They are soulmates!