'Gossip Girl' Recap: Blair Waldorf Is Arrested, Plus More 'OMG' Moments

Mon, January 23, 2012 10:30pm EST by 16 Comments

Blair’s bachelorette party took a 180 when she went from dancing on tables to dancing into jail on the Jan. 23rd episode!

Oh Blair, I must say, there’s nobody who could get arrested as elegantly as you did!

In tonight’s episode, Blair’s soon-to-be (or not-to-be?) sister-in-law, Beatrice (Roxanne Mesquita), came up with a plan to get Blair so drunk that she wouldn’t be able to resist Chuck (Ed Westwick)! Beatrice’s motivation was not to ruin Blair’s wedding because she hates her, but to win over the priest who will be marrying Blair and Louis (Hugo Becker) because she’s slept with him and is in love with him. That whole storyline is fuzzy and extremely creepy — he’s a priest!

But Beatrice stops her conniving ways before they become destructive and ends up successfully playing the role of noble sister-in-law. And lucky for Chair fans the priest trades Beatrice for another conniving Upper East Sider — Chuck Bass.

When Blair clearly has had too much to drink, she ends up in an unfortunate situation where a marijuana joint just happens to be in her hands at the exact moment three New York City police officers are approaching the bar. Blair is handcuffed and sent to the West Village precinct, but doesn’t fail to leave in classic B fashion, yelling “I love you New York,” and then throws her tiara in the air. Classic.

Beatrice, Serena (Blake Lively) and Dan (Penn Badgley) end up going to the jail to bail her out and Beatrice and Blair have a loving heart-to-heart moment. I must say, I’m actually starting to like Beatrice and I think she really does want Blair and her brother Louis to get married.

While this is all happening, Chuck is lingering around the UES following Blair’s every move. It’s clear he won’t give up on her until she says “I do.”

More ‘OMG’ moments:

#1 Chuck Admits He Won’t Give Up!

#2  Dan Writes Louis’ Wedding Vows

If Blair finds this out, she definitely WON’T marry Louis — right? Maybe this is what will send her running from the altar next week? Anything will do.

#3 Dan Fake Breaks-Up With Serena

But  S won’t have it. She lies to Dan saying that Blair asked that they stay together until the wedding — when in fact Blair said the exact opposite. Serena is so desperate to get back into Dan’s heart, but I just don’t know if he’ll have it. I’m pretty sure he’s still in love with Blair, after all, he is fake dating Serena for Blair’s sake.

#4 Trip van der Bilt Caused Chuck & Blair’s Accident!

I think they sent the wrong person to jail this episode! Trip is the one who needs to be behind bars! This is the second car accident he’s caused on the UES. Good thing Serena and Nate (Chace Crawford) caught him and now have evidence to prove he’s basically a murderer.

Next week is the Jan. 30th wedding episode we’ve been waiting for ALL season! I really don’t know how it’s going to pan out at this point, but obviously I’m rooting for Chuck and Blair! Blair is so still in love with Chuck. She just needs to get over this weird superstition.

What do you think, HollywoodLifers? Are Chuck and the priest going to be the demise of Blair’s wedding? Vote and weigh in below!

xo xo

Nicole Karlis

Get More ‘Gossip Girl':

1. Gossip Girl’ Scoop: Blair May NOT Be A Runaway Bride, Says EP Josh Safran
  2. Nicole Says: Why Blair Waldorf Will Leave Prince Louis For Chuck Bass On Her Wedding Day
  3. ‘Gossip Girl’ Wedding: Blair Would Never Say ‘I Do’ With Such Messy Hair

harum scarum

Posted at 10:43 AM on January 24, 2012

loved how persistent chuck was in this ep, but sad to see he’s reverting back to his old self…what was the point of the last 11 episodes? the nate/serena/trip SL was so confusing and stupid. can dan not talk about anything other than his books and blair?

how much longer until chuck finds out WHY blair is doing this? how much longer until someone makes her see sense?

CHUCK AND BLAIR NEED TO GET BACK TOGETHER NOW!

Chris

Posted at 12:23 AM on January 24, 2012

this is getting harder and harder to take. I know Chair isnt over and thank goodness, but this delay and disjointed writing sucks. And stop making Blair so flakey and unBlair!! I want my scheming, smart and intuitive bitch back

Elisha

Posted at 11:55 PM on January 23, 2012

When are Chuck and Blair going to get back together. Someone tell me so I can tune in then. This whole season is such a waste of time.

Hanni

Posted at 11:45 PM on January 23, 2012

i love that chuck is not giving up! he did say that giving up on them was the thing he was most sorry for! but i dont want him to scheme to stop the wedding i want blair to come up with it on her own,

mel

Posted at 11:34 PM on January 23, 2012

Joanna

Posted at 11:31 PM on January 23, 2012

Can I say I love you for using the word ‘chairytale’? Because I do, very much!

Well, Serena and Nate kicked ass this episode but the highlight for me when was Chuck said If there’s one thing I’ve learned from Blair, it’s you don’t give up on the people you love.” Not exactly a Chair scene but there was much love in that promise of his. As long as Blair’s ridiculous pact with God is still on I find it difficult to enjoy any episode. It makes everything so stupid. Can someone please knock some sense into that girl. Not really excited about the next episode and my poor Chuck will be hurting, especially since I’m pretty sure Blair does the stupid thing and actually marries the prince.
Now Gossip Girl, all I and everyone else want from you is to fix Chuck and Blair!

sunny

Posted at 11:08 PM on January 23, 2012

God, if you’re there make the GGWriters put Chuck and Blair together. That is all.

Good review.

Joanna

Posted at 11:06 PM on January 23, 2012

Can I say I love you for using the word ‘chairytale’? Because I do, very much!

Well, Serena and Nate kicked ass this episode but the highlight for me when was Chuck said If there’s one thing I’ve learned from Blair, it’s you don’t give up on the people you love.” Not exactly a Chair scene but there was much love in that promise of his. As long as Blair’s ridiculous pact with God is still on I find it difficult to enjoy any episode. It makes everything so stupid. Can someone please knock some sense into that girl. Not really excited about the next episode but I hope they won’t regress Chuck too much. That would be too cruel of them and my poor baby will be hurting, especially since I am pretty sure Blair marries the prince.

Leigh

Posted at 11:02 PM on January 23, 2012

I love Chuck isn’t giving up but why can’t Blair see what she is doing to them. I hurt so badly for Chuck. Chuck and Blair better get back together and no wedding!

Carly

Posted at 10:59 PM on January 23, 2012

I’m very proud of Chuck for staying true to his promise to never give up on them. IA I’ll settle for any reason to stop this stupid wedding. I wish Serena was over Dan though. She deserves better.

lexie

Posted at 10:58 PM on January 23, 2012

I don’t think Chuck and Blair are over by a long shot but I’m tired of the obstacles.They need to fix them now.

Emily

Posted at 10:57 PM on January 23, 2012

This episode was better than last week’s, but WHY can’t Blair just see that Chuck would be happier with her EVEN if it meant something bad – which it doesn’t, so…

jenkins

Posted at 10:55 PM on January 23, 2012

“I love how persistent Chuck is being in all of this. The morning after Blair’s party Chuck goes to see her, but Serena stops him. Chuck then makes it very clear he won’t stop. “If there’s one thing I’ve learned from Blair, it’s you don’t give up on the people you love,” Chuck says. Well now we KNOW this chairytale isn’t over until Chuck says so.”

If she marries that prince she’s a dope. I want the real Blair back and I want them to write for Chuck and Blair. This show is becoming a mess..

Judith

Posted at 10:53 PM on January 23, 2012

“Well now we KNOW this chairytale isn’t over until Chuck says so.”
I love you for saying this! We all have hope that this farce of a wedding isn’t what the writers banked on for their 100th ep.

Vanilla

Posted at 10:50 PM on January 23, 2012

Thanks for the Recap! I love you!

Chairytale must go on!! Donut can eat shit and die! I was a Derena fan, but now I think I am leaning towards Serenate!

Chair forever!!!!

Allie

Posted at 10:50 PM on January 23, 2012

I think Blair’s going to actually marry Louis, unfortunately. Just another way to stab Chuck right in the heart this season :(