Katherine Heigl Should Never Return To 'Grey's Anatomy'

Thu, January 19, 2012 6:12pm EDT by 19 Comments

In a new interview with E!, Katherine says she’d really like to go back on the show that made her famous — but I say, ‘No thanks!’

Forget about Katherine Heigl‘s contentious relationship with Grey’s Anatomy, that doesn’t bother me. But the thought of Izzie Stevens setting foot in Seattle Grace Mercy West again makes me sick to my stomach.

Katherine explained to E! recently that she’d really like to reprise her role as Izzie again.

“I’ve told them I want to. I don’t know… Being a showrunner and being a writer of a TV series like that is so complicated that I mean she’s got how many characters are there now?” she said.  “There’s a lot and so she’s balancing about 40 different storylines, so I don’t know if it fits in to their sort of vision for this season or next or however many seasons it goes.”

She’s right — there are too many characters and too many storylines, but more importantly Izzie just sucks. She was great until she killed Denny and then her character just became crap. Breaking up George’s marriage, the ghost sex with Denny, marrying Alex, almost dying and then breaking his heart by leaving — do we really want to go through that again? I think not.

So Katherine, please stay away from Grey’s. Thanks.

– Denise Warner

More ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ News!

1. ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ Recap: Not Enough Sex, Too Much Medicine
  2. ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ Recap: Meredith & Derek’s Baby Shocker
  3. ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ Recap: Meredith & Derek Lose Zola! Plus, Henry Dies

diane

Posted at 5:39 PM on April 25, 2014

Love izzie bring her back

Riley

Posted at 3:36 AM on March 29, 2014

I love GA, I just don’t love Izzie. She shouldn’t ever step foot onto the GA set. There was an article about Katherine leaving GA over hurt feelings and money. If she made that complaint, why should she ever set foot back on Grey’s ???

juda jolie

Posted at 8:21 PM on November 30, 2012

hey, i think you should keep in mind Shonda writes those story lines! LOL. Maybe Shonda could do Izzie some justice and write a better story line for her.. plus.. while i love Grey’s, I am tired of tragedy after tragedy. Hopefully Meredith will have her baby and Xtina and redhead will work it out and maybe this season they can end it with something less dramatic.. cause im sick of people dying, plane crashes and shooters.

GhaZalll

Posted at 8:25 AM on September 16, 2012

well, that’s your idea! you don’t have to speak like that , because there are so many fans here and that’s just SO rude. Izzie was a great character and Izzie & Alex relationship was the best relationship that I’ve ever seen on TV. So I pray for Katherine Heigl to come back!

monic

Posted at 2:00 PM on April 21, 2012

for God’s sake.
Izzie needs to come back.

diane

Posted at 5:38 PM on April 25, 2014

I love her please bring her back

diane

Posted at 6:11 PM on April 25, 2014

I agree

Phil

Posted at 6:29 AM on March 9, 2012

i think Izzy should return to Grey’s. Her character didnt turn crap after Denny died (she didnt kill him, the new heart didnt work properly in his body) and the ghost stuff was because of her brain tumour. and breaking up Georges marriage wasnt that bed they get married in vegas and hardly knew eachoher plus she turned out to be lesbian and now shes happy with arizona. I think Izzy has had some of the best story lines and she done them great.
and remember its a TV programme she left alex coz she left the show.

yasmine

Posted at 9:18 PM on January 25, 2012

I don’t think she should return. She was really discourteous (at least in the media) before she left; complaining about the hours and saying the material was sub par. I like her movies but the Izzie storyline’s done and dusted, we don’t need her back.

nina

Posted at 8:36 AM on January 20, 2012

loved her until she broke george’s marriage, im glad she’s gone all she ever did was but in others relationships just so she could have the guy she did that with george for no reason she hated callie then got george n dumped him then again with alex when he was with eva she called her crazy n was mean about her then got alex n left. she was even more annoying how she hated meridith and christina’s friendship cz she was jealous,. If they bring her back then make her be how she was in series 1-3

tinamarie

Posted at 9:11 PM on January 19, 2012

Are you kidding? She was the best part of the show for so long. Everyone could connect to her character. I still watch it but it’s definitely not the same without her. And so what she speaks her mind. I admire her for that. It’s amazing that she gets so much crap for it and you have guys out there doing the same thing that don’t get near as much crap for it. I would love to see her back on there.

r

Posted at 4:16 PM on February 20, 2012

i agree :)

Jolene

Posted at 7:56 PM on January 19, 2012

I love all these pathetic haters like Denise Warner. Grey’s Anatomy is circling the drain… a guest appearance by Heigl would boost their ratings and they’d be lucky to have her.

Anyway, I would actually like her to appear on Private Practice instead. I don’t see how they could bring her back on Grey’s again without it seeming totally ridiculous. However, I would like to see what Izzie is up to and PP would be the perfect opportunity. I think the storyline would have something to do with her wanting a baby, but having difficulties what with her being a cancer survivor. Hell, it would be a great way for her to intertwine with Erica… maybe give her some hope that even when the docs say you’re screwed, you can still survive against all odds.

Elena

Posted at 3:37 AM on March 29, 2014

High five :)

Bruna

Posted at 7:30 PM on January 19, 2012

Izzie was the connection between the characters. She was the “thing” that kept them together. Izzie is a great character and I’ll always expect her return!

not a fan

Posted at 7:00 PM on January 19, 2012

Get your facts straight. Izzie did not kill Denny — he developed a blood clot and stroked out. She also didn’t have “ghost sex” with Denny, because Denny was never a ghost. He was a visual, aural, tactile hallucination caused by metastatic brain tumors. However, I agree, she should never return to Greys. That story line is over and done with.

Mark

Posted at 6:34 PM on January 19, 2012

Yeah we get it you hate Heigl. It seems to be a Hollywood Life theme. Izzie (not Izzy by the way – showing much you don’t know about the show) was one of the best characters in it. She can hardly be blamed for a crappy storyline, which was in fact better than most of the others.

Stefanie

Posted at 7:29 PM on January 19, 2012

You said it!

I LOVE Izzie.. its one of my favourite characters on there. I think she needs to come back!

diane

Posted at 5:43 PM on April 25, 2014

I agree she should come back get envolved with owen get pregnant to him lol