Josh Hutcherson: I'm Just Like Peeta In 'The Hunger Games' — New Interview

Thu, January 19, 2012 1:52pm EST by 11 Comments
Josh Hutcherson Hunger Games

Josh says he’s never connected with a character as much as he did with Peeta. So cute!

Josh Hutcherson, 19, plays the romantic Peeta whose ill-fated future — like Katniss (Jennifer Lawrence) — is to kill people to survive in the annual Hunger Games of Panem. After hearing Josh talk about playing Peeta — March really couldn’t come any sooner. Our stomachs are growling for The Hunger Games to hit theaters pronto!

In the book by Suzanne Collins, Peeta is charming, ethical, courageous — and according to Josh — no different from how he is in real life. When MTV.com asked the cast who was most like their own character, Josh replied: “me!”

“Oh, God, this is going to sound so stupid: Me, because I have literally never read a character, book or script or anything that has a character in it I connected with more than Peeta. I feel like so much of who I am is Peeta,” Josh said in the interview. “It drove me crazy during the audition process, because I was like, ‘This is so me, it hurts. If I don’t get this, I’m not even good at being me, so now what am I? I have no idea what to do next.'”

And Jennifer completely agreed.

“Josh. Josh is Peeta. He’s charming, he’s nice, he’s very real and down to earth, he’s not fake in any way. He just can charm anyone and anything,” she said.

If this is true, Vanessa Hudgens is one lucky lady to have dated such a charming guy!

What do you think, HollywoodLifers? Do you think Josh is just like Peeta? Sound off in your comments below!

– Nicole Karlis

More Hunger Games News:

1. ‘The Hunger Games’ New Photo Revealed: Haymitch Prepares Peeta To Fight
  2. Check Out 11 Different Designs For Katniss’ Fire Dress In ‘The Hunger Games’
  3. New ‘Hunger Games’ Book Covers Revealed — And They’re Sexy

jesse

Posted at 5:35 PM on May 2, 2012

I LOVE PEETA! AND YES JOSH IS JUST LIKE HIM! TEAM PEETA ALLLLL THE WAY!!

bayleigh

Posted at 11:36 PM on April 17, 2012

Josh is perfect for Peeta. I have always been fascinated by Josh and when I heard he was playing him I fell in love with who ever chose him. Because I had read the book already and knew he was perfect for the role.
He is Peeta and I Pray that he plays in Catching Fire and Mockingjay. Long live the ‘lover boy’.

guisell

Posted at 1:29 AM on April 15, 2012

Im a big fan of Josh. If I were to choose between Gale or Peers(Liam or Josh) it would be Josh. I do think Josh has the same personality as Peers.

An interesting read. I actually have some more thoughts about this. Do you accept guest articles on your blog?

Posted at 7:10 AM on April 3, 2012

Hello There. I discovered your blog the usage of msn. That is a very well written article. I will be sure to bookmark it and return to read more of your useful information. Thank you for the post. I will certainly comeback.

Beth

Posted at 2:58 PM on February 16, 2012

Josh is perfect for Peeta! They are so much alike, I couldn’t imagine another actor who could portray Peeta better. Josh is an amazing actor and just very down to earth and a nice guy just like Peeta!

Joshfanheart1

Posted at 11:51 AM on February 10, 2012

No one would EVER be as good as Josh playing Peeta!

Alshina

Posted at 7:14 PM on February 5, 2012

By the way josh is a great actor and Peeta and him r both sweethearts. Yea

Alshina

Posted at 7:12 PM on February 5, 2012

Yea so true I love the hunger like the best series ever read! It sad at the end of the first book! But I lov Peeta’s character he is so down to earth and just nice and comments on Katniss a lot. I like the way he reavled his crush. He is just romantic and caring and loving and able to sacrifice himself for KAtniss. He wasn’t even mad when some of the love kAtniss gave him was just for the camera! He is just the kind of loving person I would need. Josh hutcherson is the perfect role. Plus both Peeta and Josh r cute. I’m a fan of hime not super crazy and yea I’m 6 years younger than him…. I just want to have him or someone like him just to meet him….

olivia woods

Posted at 10:21 PM on January 27, 2012

I read the books, with Josh Hutcherson in mind, and knew he was the right guy to play Peeta. Josh has always been such a great actor, and comes off to be the biggest sweetheart ever. I’m thrilled to see The Hunger Games! (:

janarene4321

Posted at 9:57 AM on January 26, 2012

i love you josh hutcherson

janarene4321