'X Factor' Finalist Josh Krajcik: Multiple Record Deals On The Table

Wed, January 18, 2012 2:44pm EDT by 75 Comments
Josh Krajcik

With the other two final ‘The X Factor’ contestants signed to record labels, what’s happening with Josh Krajcik’s deal?

The X Factor‘s second place finalist Josh Krajcik won us over with his Joe Crocker-esque sound and heartfelt performances, so it’s seemed bizarre we haven’t heard news that the 31-year-old singer signed to a record label yet. However, an insider close to Josh tells HollywoodLife.com exclusively what’s really going on with the talented artist’s future.

“Josh is taking his time to get the best possible deal and it might not be with Epic Records [which is where Astro, Melanie Amaro and Chris Rene signed],” the source says, explaining that Columbia Records, RCA Records and even Simon Cowell‘s SyCo Music have all been in discussions with Josh.

“He’s so versatile, Josh has actually had more options than Chris and Astro, who everyone knew would sign with L.A. Reid regardless,” the insider says.

Throughout the last week, Josh has been in Los Angeles taking meetings and we’re told he’ll sign a deal within the next month or two.

Which X Factor contestant’s album are YOU most excited to buy? Sound off below!

Reporting by Russ Weakland

More ‘X Factor:’

1. Kirstin Says: Is Rachel Crow, 14, Too Young For The ‘X Factor’ Spotlight?
  2. ‘X Factor’ Results: Was Rachel Crow Or Marcus Canty Eliminated?
  3. ‘X Factor’ Finalist Rachel Crow Reveals Emotional Tribute To BFF Drew Ryniewicz

Robin Bright

Posted at 3:17 AM on April 21, 2012

It seems there is a huge following for Josh. I don’t know about everyone out there but I am WAITING for the new album. I play the songs he delivered on the x factor, but I want more! This guy has the potential to outdo all male singers of his genre since way back! And that list is full of great stars. I believe Josh has the ability to eclipse them all!

Gmore

Posted at 8:37 AM on April 14, 2012

i believe Josh Krajick is a far singer than all of tge contestants last year coz of his outspoken voice look at the polls sometimes i wonder how he lost to be in 2nd place i think that requires some explanation

dance

Posted at 2:16 AM on April 13, 2012

Hello there, I discovered your blog by means of Google whilst searching for a comparable matter, your site got here up, it appears to be like good. I’ve added to favourites|added to my bookmarks.

Tom Arendas

Posted at 3:36 PM on April 12, 2012

I won,t watch x factor any more because like everyone I thought Josh should have won,stick it Simon.

bob

Posted at 4:21 PM on April 12, 2012

absolutely josh was the best by far , 2nd should have been drew. they were the only ones that fit what simeon always spouts. “make it your own” melanie has a great voice but shes just an imitator and i wish she would have been booted the day she announced she was faking her accent and not speaking with the island accent that is her normal voice.

Dennis K

Posted at 2:43 PM on March 28, 2012

Josh won this X Factor. Unfortunately Simon Cowell had it fixed so his girl won. How stupid all you have to do is look at the vote difference. There really should be an investigation>>>>
2nd question. Why has Josh not put out a album yet, people are waiting but he will be forgotten if he does not get his act together. What a shame.

alice rinella

Posted at 1:08 PM on March 25, 2012

I think Josh Krajcik has one of the most awesome voices I’ve heard in years and, I’ve been around for quite a few. A bit of Joe cocker a bit of Michael Bolton but, so much more than either. The feelings he projects with his voice is incredible. I wish him all the best – can’t wait for his debut album.

lester halliwell

Posted at 4:20 PM on March 10, 2012

josh kraicik was the best singer on the show he sang with feling an soul,i would by any record he puts out.

Tate

Posted at 5:49 AM on February 24, 2012

Am watchn Josh’s 1st audition. He is è 1 i thot ws goin to win. I will buy hs albums

Marie baker

Posted at 11:54 PM on February 21, 2012

Exactly. I fell in love with Josh when he sang “At Last”. The only reason I watched was for him. I would love to see him on the concert tour!

shirley

Posted at 8:10 PM on March 5, 2012

ME TO I FELL IN LOVE WITH HIM WHEN HE SANG THAT SONG TOO I HAD GOOSE BOMPS AND I JUST COULD NOT WAIT TIL THE NEXT WEEK TO HEAR HIM AGAN.I AM SO LOOKING FORWARD TO HIS FIRST CONCERT.

Sharon b

Posted at 11:43 PM on February 21, 2012

I agree. Josh K has more talent in his little finger than Melamie. Simon produced the whole thing. So what did you expect?

norma ann

Posted at 7:54 PM on February 12, 2012

josh krajcik he carried the x factor so meany have told me they would not have watched it if not for josh i loved his ATVISTIC ALBUM i can not get enough of this artist unbelievable i wount to buy more i just have to have it

Terri

Posted at 7:15 PM on February 11, 2012

I too was very disappointed in the x factor, to much glam and glitter for my taste, it took away from just your everyday people trying to make it big..wait until they become stars for that and whats the deal taking them to their homes other then bragging rights from the judges trying to show off their multi million dollar homes…but with that all said I do have to say I can’t wait until Josh Krajcik releases his first album, he was my pick from the beginning and should have won!

Gary Phillips

Posted at 11:05 AM on February 11, 2012

In the opinion of everyone I have spoken to, the X Factor was fixed by Simon Cowell. If you look at the votes where by 77% of voters would buy Josh Krajcik record and only 7.8 % would buy Melany Armaro. It is obvious Simon had to win his bet. THis is realty TV at its worst. A true competor cheated where instead of choosing best performer the judges are pitted against each other to see which of their singers could win, to the point of bad mouthing other great performances so as to put others down.
That like many others will not watch X Factor again. Paul and Nicole were the real only fair honest judges on this poorly run event.
Everyone loves Josh and He should have won.. No one will know who Melany Amaro is by next mth.

Dennis K

Posted at 7:06 PM on February 11, 2012

I Agree 100 %. X Factor was a farce. LA Reid and Simon Cowel were not looking for best X Factor talent only the Talent on their team that they could win a bet. I would like to see the actual tally,s on the voting???? It should be an audited count to make it legitimate.
Josh Krajcik won that event but was cheated out of it.
Watch his record sales as to Amaro,s.

sargarentmack

Posted at 7:12 PM on February 10, 2012

i can’t wait until the first recording comes out for josh
i will be standing at the door to buy.
i also wish rachael crow well.
the rest not interested, maybe melanie.

Dave_Memphis

Posted at 2:02 PM on February 8, 2012

Looks like Chris Rene will be the first to go platinum. His single is all over the radio stations and he’s about to release a music video. More excited to see what Astro’s first album will sound like. Who’s Josh?

G. PHillips

Posted at 11:06 AM on February 11, 2012

Who,s Josh? What are you deaf or did not watch the show.?

Jim

Posted at 4:44 PM on February 28, 2012

That was a stab at Josh nothing more. He knew who Josh was.

anisah

Posted at 7:24 PM on February 6, 2012

josh and melanie deserved to be in the final two. but josh was the one that broke my heart each time he sang. I judged you the winner from your first performance. I will pay my last dollar to see you. “wild horses” wont be able to keep me away.
U’re the bomb. u were a superstar long before X Factor.

Silvia

Posted at 1:08 PM on February 3, 2012

There is no question, I will buy Josh’s CD. He has a great stage presence and he is versatile. His voice is unique while Melanie has a beautiful voice but sounds like a lot of other singers. She also has not much of a presence, kind of boring. Sorry!
Josh is the man!

Sandy Ament

Posted at 11:30 AM on February 3, 2012

Josh Krajcik is the best singer I heard for a long time. I can’t wait until his album comes out. He should have won X Factor. Excited for his future.

Norma

Posted at 7:11 PM on February 2, 2012

I so enjoyed josh karjick on xfator his talent is unbelievable and I can not wait for his music to hit the stores so I can buy it and would travel anywhere to see him talent like his just never gos away you are just great josh

Norma

Posted at 1:57 PM on February 2, 2012

Lisa

Posted at 1:34 AM on February 2, 2012

Josh Krajcik voice is addicting. I would purchase all his music! We are waiting Josh! God bless you in your decision.

Linda

Posted at 12:11 PM on February 1, 2012

Josh was and is my favourite singer on the show.We recorded these episodes and Josh is the ones that we keep on revisiting. I would love to buy some dvd’s of josh as we love to watch him sing as well as hear him sing. We absolutely enjoy his wonderful voice.He is so great.

Vivian

Posted at 12:57 AM on February 1, 2012

I’m disappointed Josh didn’t win but reading this makes me feel a lot better knowing he have waaaay more options than I have guessed. I already knew he would get more offers even if he didn’t win because who wouldn’t recognized a pre-star in making? I can’t wait til his album comes out! I would be one to buy which I normally don’t unless I am a big fan. Astro boy needs to go away, he’s too annoying.

amanda williams

Posted at 1:35 PM on February 3, 2012

I SOOOO agree!!! JOSH all the way!! I will purchase all his CDs. I will watch Rachael in her movies.

pam

Posted at 10:57 AM on January 31, 2012

Don’t like music…..what planet are you from??

debbie smith

Posted at 7:33 PM on January 29, 2012

i would definitely buy josh’s cd

cheryl

Posted at 7:09 AM on February 20, 2012

Josh sings from his soul. He touches people with that, where many others sing.. but Josh touches with his soul. I pray he never loses that nor is swept up in the light of it all. I am glad he is ” taking his time with decisions” and I too believe that He should have won the contest.
I am not watching the “X” nor “American Idol” anymore because of the ” show” of the judges , and the games they play. This is a life changing chance for these talented people who are serious , and the judges are making bets and want to have the focus placed on them. I got fed up with it all, but I will buy anything and all Josh puts out there for us. God bless you, Josh, your future, your family and your life.
Always remember where you came from and always remain humble and thankful.. Go get them….and give us some of your music to listen to! Please…

dennis

Posted at 2:57 PM on February 23, 2012

Absolutely agree the judges screwed the whole show up. look at the real ratings they are 25 to 1 for Josh. Tell me the outcome was not fixed?????? Simon Cowell won the bet, he fixed the result.

Eve

Posted at 12:06 AM on February 26, 2012

I personaly think josh is the true winner of x factor. Sorry simon I love you but melanie is definately seconds next to josh. I think that for the next x factor there shouldn’t be any teams because this completly throws everything off and causes mistakes like this in which true talent is forced out the door because of childish games of my house is bigger than your house and come on to be honest that is faul and totaly selfish..

DK

Posted at 3:19 PM on March 1, 2012

I agree 100%. No teams. The last X Factor was fixed for Amaro, as Simons girl. Paula and Nicole fired because they were the only honest ones and would not play the stupid games that ignorant LA Reid and Simon played.
Unfortunate that a talent like Josh,s lost in an unfair contest. This show vote counts should have to be audited, there is no way Amaro got the most votes.
No Way

Phyllis Monk

Posted at 7:19 PM on March 29, 2012

You are right about Josh Krajcik. He was and is hands down the best by far on the show. Are you reading this Simon???? I sure hope so. This was fixed because Josh should have won and you know it. Record sales will tell the true story. Can’t wAIT FOR jOSH’S first album.