'X Factor' Finalist Josh Krajcik: Multiple Record Deals On The Table

Wed, January 18, 2012 2:44pm EST by 75 Comments
Josh Krajcik

With the other two final ‘The X Factor’ contestants signed to record labels, what’s happening with Josh Krajcik’s deal?

The X Factor‘s second place finalist Josh Krajcik won us over with his Joe Crocker-esque sound and heartfelt performances, so it’s seemed bizarre we haven’t heard news that the 31-year-old singer signed to a record label yet. However, an insider close to Josh tells HollywoodLife.com exclusively what’s really going on with the talented artist’s future.

“Josh is taking his time to get the best possible deal and it might not be with Epic Records [which is where Astro, Melanie Amaro and Chris Rene signed],” the source says, explaining that Columbia Records, RCA Records and even Simon Cowell‘s SyCo Music have all been in discussions with Josh.

“He’s so versatile, Josh has actually had more options than Chris and Astro, who everyone knew would sign with L.A. Reid regardless,” the insider says.

Throughout the last week, Josh has been in Los Angeles taking meetings and we’re told he’ll sign a deal within the next month or two.

Which X Factor contestant’s album are YOU most excited to buy? Sound off below!

Reporting by Russ Weakland

More ‘X Factor:’

1. Kirstin Says: Is Rachel Crow, 14, Too Young For The ‘X Factor’ Spotlight?
  2. ‘X Factor’ Results: Was Rachel Crow Or Marcus Canty Eliminated?
  3. ‘X Factor’ Finalist Rachel Crow Reveals Emotional Tribute To BFF Drew Ryniewicz

Linda Bender

Posted at 9:10 PM on January 26, 2012

I have downloaded most of Josh’s X-Factor performances from utube onto my facebook page and I listen to them over and over. It is hard for me to believe that I live in Columbus, Ohio and have been to the club where Josh performed just S. of downtown. As a matter of fact my Son’s band played there several times. Had I known about him I would have never missed a show. I agree with “amymom” I believe Josh was worthy of the $5mil. contract but is probably better off without it. He is taking his time and waiting for the best deal to come along. It has been a very long time since I have been so excited by a performer. Josh’s voice gets into the fiber of your being. He transports you with his voice to travel through the lyrics and song on a wonderful musical experience that only the great voices of time have been able to do. It is truly a fantastic experience to watch and listen to him. I await his 1st. release!!!!! I know he will have many #1 songs and we will see him on awards shows and concerts. I am so proud to have been witness to his X-Factor experience and know that it will be just the beginning for this talented, soulful,genuine young man whose star can only continue to rise. God bless you and yours Josh Krajick.

Ed Babiak

Posted at 9:11 PM on January 25, 2012

Is there an X factor cd of Josh Krajcik. He was one of the best performers that I have seen in a long time and I accidently erased him from my pvr. Please say there is a place I can download his performances from Xfactor,,those were priceless.

jack

Posted at 6:08 PM on January 24, 2012

I am not a music fan…..I don’t like singers…..well, maybe one or two, but most are just a waist of my time. But there is something about this guy’s voice that makes me listen to what he has to say. I have never purchased an album, but I will his.

Gryfter

Posted at 11:21 AM on January 28, 2012

You don’t like music? Like, at all?

Not trying to diss you, but that’s one of the
Strangest things I’ve ever heard.

Linda

Posted at 5:26 PM on January 24, 2012

Josh is mature enough not to jump on the first deal to come along. I worry about Chris handling the pressure of fame when he is so new to his recovery. The “KIDS” were all good but young and fame has a tends to be hard for them also. I think Josh should have won. I agree it was predictable that Melanie was going to win from the start, when the eliminated her and then went to bring her back. Not saying that it was a set-up or anything, just predictable. I never heard how close the final vote between Melanie and Josh was.I wish him the best.

marshal tucker

Posted at 11:20 AM on January 24, 2012

If he sang “Oh Darling” by the Beatles which suits his voice perfectly.he would have won..I think Nicole gave him the wrong advice to go with his “At Last” rendition. Loking forward to his music..77% of us can’t be wrong

don adams

Posted at 1:58 AM on January 27, 2012

I agree with Marshal, that song”Oh Darlin” by the beatles would have knocked it out the park….Josh has that Joe Cocker rough sound…which gives ya goose bumps…He sang that Etta James song like a pro…I wish him the Best !! I’m a Fan…

lynda

Posted at 5:49 PM on January 22, 2012

I can hardly wait for Josh’s music to be sold I love his voice!

patricia sherman

Posted at 9:49 AM on January 22, 2012

I am so happy that josh will soon have a contract his voice is beautiful. Chris also he had his way of singing I will definately buy each cd from both good luck guys send my love to both of you.

armymom

Posted at 11:49 PM on January 21, 2012

After much thought I hate to say that Melanie may not last long, I have read some of her comments and post about her and she is riding high on the wave and enjoying what was handed to her. But honestly I am glad Josh, my favorite singer, has the opportunity to look around and work on what he needs to do to be a long term success. Being handed the contract and being tied down to regulations and required obligations may just kill Melanie’s success because after the contract is up she may just fall flat on her face because she won’t know what to do next. I am hoping that does not happen but for some reason it is like watching a train wreck. Josh will be releasing a well made, well constructed CD on his time line without being pushed to put out crappy product to fulfill the $5 mil contract. Sometimes taking your time is the best and coming in second is a good thing. All of Josh’s fans are waiting and we are here for the long haul. Wish I could make it to his 1st concert but when he comes to Ohio on tour I will be there to see the singer that gives me goosebumps every time I hear his voice. Best wishes to all of the X-Factor contestants, I hope success to all of you and don’t take anything for granted, treat it like a precious gift because that is what you have been given. Thanks for letting me voice my opinion. have a great day

john duke

Posted at 6:45 PM on January 26, 2012

shame on you army mom, you are pathetic to post such a ramble of negativity.. you are not walking in her shoes,, you have no idea.. stop spouting off such ridiculous nonsense, woulda coulda shoulda speculation,, pathetic loser

Don adams

Posted at 2:06 AM on January 27, 2012

Armymom, I agree with you…Melanie is a Great singer,who can sing what others write for her to sing,yet Josh can write his own, and play the Guitar !! Or Piano….Talent vs Multi Talented !! Who would you invest in..for the long haul ? I’ll be seing Josh for a long time to come…..

Toni

Posted at 5:13 PM on January 21, 2012

Drew is the one I am waiting for to sign.

Bill H.

Posted at 9:39 AM on January 21, 2012

Josh
Your mom was right “you have to share your gift”.and so you have. you should start by recording all the songs you did on idol and put me down for a few copies i want to gift them as well dont sign for cash up front take a piece of action long term it will pay you huge your remastered renditions of these songs are simply amazing and impressive I keep replaying your performances on you tube and cant wait to download them on itunes congrats and best wishes to you and yours you have made them and all of us proud of you dont forget where u came from go out of your way everyday to touch someones life you don’t know in a positive way trust me it comes back

Jim Batton

Posted at 1:22 PM on January 20, 2012

I told friends and family long before the Xfactor winner was announced that Josh should win but if he didn’t win he would emerge as the real winner anyway. I said that if I could buy Josh Krajcik stock I would love to buy some because in the end it really gets down to money. People have to buy the music and, mark my words, Josh will be the one that makes money for the record company and everyone else that has a stake in Josh. This survey proves my point.
I also think that he could go back and cut great songs of the past and make new hits out of them. Not many people can do that.

B Glisson

Posted at 9:13 PM on January 20, 2012

I Agree that Josh is by far the greatest singer I have heard in years ,his voice is amazing and I can t wait for records from him.

john

Posted at 11:20 PM on January 19, 2012

go Josh

rex

Posted at 2:34 PM on January 19, 2012

to clearify my last post referring to the xfactor results!

rex

Posted at 2:31 PM on January 19, 2012

did anyone else think the winning results were oh so predictable? just askin’.

judy

Posted at 11:16 AM on January 19, 2012

Josh, was the only 1 I couldnt wait to see each week.Istill cant wait for music from him. Its taking to long.

milos marcel

Posted at 10:54 AM on January 19, 2012

Cel mai bun de X Factor a fost HOSH KRAJCIC.Abia astept sa iasa primul lui album.

DEBBIE G

Posted at 9:23 AM on January 19, 2012

I cannot wait for his album, he was def. my orver favorite on the show.

Genug

Posted at 7:47 AM on January 19, 2012

I am waiting for his album to come out – count me in…

Laarni

Posted at 6:25 AM on January 19, 2012

His rendition of Hallelujah by Leonard Cohen, was, and is, the best I’ve heard.

Ken

Posted at 5:59 AM on January 19, 2012

Josh is the only one that tried to give his own version of every song. Melanie gave us ballad after ballad that sounded just like we all have heard them performed a thousand times before. Chris couldn’t carry a tune in a bucket and he has no real musical skills. CHRIS, lose the instruments because you can’t play! None of them have sold a thing yet, but I’d put my money on Josh to create a really memorable record and win some awards and top them all in record sales. At the end of the day, Josh will be the one remembered.

Asa

Posted at 10:33 PM on January 18, 2012

All of them are good, Josh is just so much better!

nina

Posted at 9:56 PM on January 18, 2012

Josh is the only true artist of the finalists. Melanie’s got great pipes, but is boring, and Chris can’t sing. Josh can sing, is distinctive, and shows a real talent.

Patti

Posted at 8:08 PM on January 18, 2012

I guess everyone is entitled to their own opinion and no one will make you go out and buy ANY of their music.
I think 67% just made my day!!!

kansas

Posted at 5:30 PM on January 18, 2012

it’s about time someone came out with some info on this. I was about to give up on him. Thanks to you guys for figuring this out.

c

Posted at 3:09 PM on January 18, 2012

seriously.. ew.. none of them