'The Vampire Diaries' Scoop: Is There Hope For Tyler & Caroline?

Tue, January 17, 2012 1:30pm EDT by 118 Comments
Courtesy of The CW

Candice Accola tells HollywoodLife.com what it would take for Tyler & Caroline to get back together — if they still can, that is.

“Forwood” fans had their emotions played with on the Jan. 12 episode of The Vampire Diaries when Tyler (Michael Trevino) first gave Caroline (Candice Accola) a necklace… followed by a near-fatal bite! Their relationship has been plagued with problems from the start, but now that Tyler has been sired to Klaus (Joseph Morgan), the couple seems more hopeless than ever. And since no one knows Caroline better than Candice herself, HollywoodLife.com asked her what she thinks it would take for “Forwood” to work.

Her answer was… not encouraging.

“Tyler would have to be willing to change,” Candice told us. “He’d have to work on promising that he’s not going to put someone else — not just before Caroline — but before himself, as well.”

I say her answer isn’t encouraging because, as we saw, it might just be impossible for Tyler to put himself or Caroline before his new master. He still bit her, even after standing up to Klaus and refusing to do what he asked.

And then there’s the whole “Klaroline” debate. (Is it “Klaroline”? “Klausonline”?)

We saw a very different — dare I say heartwarming — side of Klaus this week during his emotional chat with Caroline, leading many fans to speculate that a new (weird) couple is brewing in Mystic Falls. I know nothing is impossible on The Vampire Diaries, but a full-blown relationship between Klaus and Caroline? I’m not quite sold yet.

Where do YOU stand on this ever-important issue? Are you hoping Caroline and Tyler will pull through, or are you more excited to see what a Caroline-Klaus hookup would lead to? Cast your vote, then hit up the comments section with your best arguments. Let’s debate this!

— Andy Swift

Follow Andy on Twitter for more Vampire Diaries scoop

TEAM KLAUS

Posted at 5:24 AM on September 15, 2012

KLAUS + CAROLINE HE SHOWS HER HOW SPECIAL SHE IS AND SHE HELPS HIM FIND HIS HUMANITY THATS WHEN WE SEE IT MOST IS WHEN THEY’RE IN THE SAME ROOM TOGETHER.:)

-TEAM KLAROLINE!!!!

osh

Posted at 7:48 AM on May 18, 2012

klaroline all the way.tyler is a jerk and not willing to change and klause is just hot and has a warm side

breanne

Posted at 10:45 PM on March 23, 2012

If klaus and caroline get together I would be jumping for joy and waving my hands in the air like I just don’t care. Let’s to klaroline!!!!!!!! Wooo!!!!!!!! :D

Julie

Posted at 3:45 PM on March 21, 2012

Klaroine ftw! Klaus needs someone loving him other than his family (which is now… well yeah) and well, it would be truly awesome! I mean, Elena is in between Stefan and Damon now, shouldn’t Caroline take a chance or something? I mean, it actually seemed like he cared about her opinion and TRIED to make her know him after all! It would be epic to see them together and it would be soooo much fun if they were sneaking behind everyone’s backs. After all, they never told Caroline about what Damon did to her through season 1 before she found out herself, so what’s wrong with her keeping some secrets from them too?

CM

Posted at 1:45 AM on March 18, 2012

With vampires everything is intensified , they love more powerfully . Remember when she was with Matt she really loved him and I wasn’t a fan of matt and caroline but when she is with Tyler I haven’t seen any signs that she loves him , I think she has strong feelings towards him but I don’t think she loves him . I believe Tyler loves her but I can’t say the same for caroline . In season 2 Caroline only saw Tyler as a friend nothing more and lets not forget the night they slept together she was drinking and still getting over her break up with Matt , their relationship was very rushed . For me i didn’t see this relationship as a long term thing ,I AM ALL FOR KLAROLINE <3 I respect the fans of Forwood but I truly believe that Klaus and Caroline could really become an epic love story <3

rachel

Posted at 8:04 PM on March 16, 2012

GO KLAROLINE<3 I'veloved klaus ever since he first came on and im soo happy he 'fancies' caroline!!

Lilly

Posted at 6:00 PM on March 3, 2012

You know during the first two seasons I wasn’t a huge fan of Caroline. But I’ve really come to love her! She’s a really strong and loyal friends, and she really pushes to make sure people are happy. I was also surprised when Caroline got together with Tyler and I didn’t really think they had a lot of chemistry. But Klaus and Caroline are hot! They really balance each other out.
I think Caroline could teach Klaus how to connect with people and feel lees lonely. And Klaus could help Caroline cope with being a vampire.
KLAROLINE all the way!!!! :)

venerka

Posted at 11:17 AM on February 24, 2012

KLAROLINE
I will go down with this ship!

Julie

Posted at 3:47 PM on March 21, 2012

I would gladly join you on that ship! Klaroline ALL THE WAY!

mae

Posted at 10:59 PM on February 20, 2012

KLAROLINE FTW! can’t believe they are ahead in percentage !! yay!! Go my TOP OTP of TVD!!! I find more excitement in KLAROLINE than DELENA at this point..oooohhhh !! more Klaroline!

Laura