'Teen Mom 2' Recap: Kailyn Lowry & Jo Rivera's Angry Battle Over Child Support Heats Up

Tue, January 17, 2012 11:15pm EDT by 21 Comments

Leah receives a shocking letter from Ali’s doctor that changes everything, Chelsea finally lands a job, Jenelle can’t quit smoking weed and Kailyn’s ex Jo refuses to pay child support!

The Teen Mom 2 episode this week was less violent than the last time, but it wasn’t without the usual dose of tears, fights, kisses and adorable babies! Chelsea Houska has a new home and a new job, but Adam Lind‘s still the same loser. Corey Simms and Leah Messer are left wondering what to do after the doctor reveals some troubling news about Ali. Kailyn Lowry‘s baby daddy Jo Rivera would rather spend child support money on rap music than his son. And Jenelle Evans moves out because living with her mom makes her want to smoke weed!

Leah Messer: Corey and Leah get a letter from the geneticist which reveals Ali might have a skeletal condition, but it’s still unknown. Basically, it’s still a wait-and-see game. In the meantime, the couple discuss moving to a new place so Leah doesn’t have to travel to her mom’s for Ali’s physical therapy.

Chelsea Houska: Chelsea interviews at a tanning salon and scores a minimum wage job! Yay for her! But big surprise, Adam acts like a jerk about it. Her dad’s glad (probably because she’ll start contributing toward rent finally) and her mom offers to babysit. Chelsea’s upset Adam won’t change, but seriously… he won’t.

Jenelle Evans: “I’m not supposed to smoke weed, but it’s really hard with my mom nagging me,” Jenelle tells us. LOL. Jenelle decides to move in with her friend Tori (yes, the Tori of the racy girl-on-girl pictures) and Tyler. Her mom’s not sure that living with friends will be a good influence. “Turn your life around Jenelle because it’s really not good right now,” she warns. Kieffer writes Jenelle on Facebook — Booooo. Jenelle writes a grammatically confusing note back to him, but he was able to decipher it and shows up at her door. They get back together. Here we go again.

Kailyn Lowry: Kailyn filed for child support, and Jo’s not happy. “I don’t think it’s fair,” he tells his brother. “I could use that money for my music career.” Um, I think that money should probably go toward his son BEFORE his music career (Seriously, have you seen his rap video? Any money toward that is a waste). Jo owes $489 a month, plus back child support. Boyfriend Jordan suggests she sit down and talk to Jo about it, which is good advice considering they have to deal with each other for Isaac. Jo doesn’t think he should have to pay more because they aren’t together. Their convo gets heated. Looks like this fight will end in court.

-Anna Moeslein

More ‘Teen Mom’ drama:

1. ‘Teen Mom 2′ Jenelle Evans: ‘I’m Deactivating My Twitter’
  2. ‘Teen Mom 2′ Bonus Video: Jenelle Evans Creates A Fake Facebook To Spy On Kieffer Delp
  3. Kailyn Lowry Celebrates Isaac’s Second Birthday — Cute Pics

wendy

Posted at 6:38 AM on August 12, 2012

poor ali it sickens me to see such horrid comments. may god give leah and corey strength to deal with those horrible people i know i would struggle. if someone calld me daughter those names and disrespected her i would kill them so may god be with leah and give her strength to ignore those sick bastards

Rosa

Posted at 9:33 PM on March 20, 2012

I think joe sounds good he can make it 2 the top watch what I say he really good . And how
Can they talk about a baby
Like that, Leah baby that’s just crazy I hope god forgive u

me

Posted at 9:20 PM on February 12, 2012

Hahahaha I agree with everyone saying nasty thing about ali. She’s a nasty looking baby and needs to be put down. Her and her mother are nasty looking and I hate leah and I’m glad she suffered a misscarriage and her bf or fiance’ is cheating on her with strippers.
I hate ali I wish she would die.
I can’t believe they tried to put her in a beauty pagent how dare they do with that ugly thing.
I’m glad I have a beautiful normal daughter.

wendy

Posted at 6:33 AM on August 12, 2012

what the hell is ur problem you are sick in the head yourself to be saying such horrible things. god forbid you really mean those things and handicaps your daughter. how dare you mock someone elses suffering and most of all how dare you put down an inoscent baby. shame on you idiot.

Brianna

Posted at 12:19 PM on February 7, 2012

I feel bad for Leah’s handicapped baby itself but Leah deserves to have a handicap child she’s a cheating filthy slut

amber

Posted at 5:24 PM on February 3, 2012

You people are so stupid she’s a baby u idiots!!!!!!freakin weirdos u need to b locked in a cage!!!!!!

wendy

Posted at 6:34 AM on August 12, 2012

i know it is disgusting to see that ppl actually think this way. how sad and upsetting!!

traci

Posted at 11:23 PM on January 31, 2012

Curtis and jason. Wow. You guys need to ask for forgiveness! That little girl is so freaking adorable! And leah and corey spend an equal amount of time with both of them. They are great parents. And disability or not there is absolutely NOTHING wrong with her. We are ALL God’s creation! You 2 should be ashamed of yourselves. I usually don’t post on anything but was sick to my stomach over your comments!

Bad!!!

Posted at 4:30 AM on January 31, 2012

Is it true that leah miscarried when aliannah got lose from her padlocked metal cage and mistoke the unborn for a juicy steak?That beastly creature needs to be locked away in a lab prison so she can’t hurt anymore innocent childen..

Ashley

Posted at 12:55 AM on January 22, 2012

I am APPALLED at the horrible things pellets hear about an innocent baby! That innocent child can’t help how she was born. No matter what you think of Leah, there is no excuse for talking about her baby that way!!!! Heavenforbid you horrible commenters have a baby who is different and you have to watch them go through this as Ali’s parents have! You all should pray for forgiveness! You should be ashamed.

Jason Voorhies

Posted at 12:56 AM on January 21, 2012

She is an obese,filthy,cross eyed,clubfoot,fat roll covered dwarf tard snank!Naughty filty ali.tsk tsk tsk!!!Smothered in cheese puff dust,leg braces,coke bittle specs and a walker!ANtichrist!!!Aliannah “Ali Girl”simms=The Antichrist

Carrie

Posted at 11:17 PM on February 7, 2012

OMG some of you people on here are twisted…. That little girl probably looks better than your kids LMAO!!

Jessi

Posted at 3:39 PM on January 19, 2012

Curtis is a troll!

Anyway, Leah was making such a big deal out of that letter she got when it was the exact same thing the Dr. told her on the phone in the previous episode just in writing.
Jennelle is so dramatic. Who freaks out like that? Maybe she has some anxiety issues or something, she should move west so she can get some medical marijuana then not have to be so dramatic about her weed habit.
Kailyn has every right to child support but seriously I don’t think anyone should believe that she has huge money problems as she’s always complaining about.
And Chelsea is really annoying, especially her mouth breathing. She should get that looked at by a Dr., it could be a more serious issue.

alana

Posted at 9:28 AM on January 19, 2012

YOU NEED TO CLOSE COMMENT DUE TO HATEFUL A$$HOLES LIKE CURTIS. HE NEEDS TO BE BANNED OR SOMETHING BECAUSE THESE HATEFUL WORDS FOR A CHILD IS SICK.

Curtis

Posted at 12:23 AM on January 19, 2012

Leah’s baby Ali is a retarded looking freak. What is up with her fat roll covered legs and arms. She looks like a retard with those stubs for arms. And what is up with the v on her forehead?? And now she has googly crossed eyes too?? She is a useless retardthat is one ugly freak. the parents try to pretend that they love her as much as the pretty, normal one. i was laughing sooo hard at those comments. ali has this big beer belly sticking out an fat rolls all over her stubby arms and legs, while her pretty twin is thin. she is all cross eyed and drooling and what is up with the red v on her forehead? they talked to her like a dog, when they were trying to get her to roll over. leah never holds her, only the pretty, normal one. leah makes corey carry the retard around.
totally agree with you guys, Ali is one ugly, useless freak. She can’t grasp anything in her useless hands AND she can’t use those useless turned in fatty legs AND she can’t use her useless crossed over eyes. Yuck. Notice how the back of her head os flat, cause obviously they leave her in her tard seat all day while they play with the normal one. Thank god for her, at least. Ali is so ugly it makes one wanna slap her. Those stubby fatty arma are so unbecoming. Yuck!!!

Jennifer

Posted at 8:38 PM on January 23, 2012

Curtis
You are the one who has something wrong with them! So sad that you are as low as you are to be saying all of these nasty things about a little girl. You must not have a life to be putting down a two year old! So sad I think I might feel sorry for you! I bet u weren’t loved as a child! :( One day I hope you come to peace with yourself!

Carrie

Posted at 11:18 PM on February 7, 2012

Jeez your comments are so harsh they remind me of elementary school when boys pick on girls because they have a crush LMAO!!

lizzy

Posted at 9:13 PM on January 18, 2012

JOE, JOE, JOE, HE IS A REAL LOSER. IT SEEMS THAT HIS PARENTS SPEND MORE TIME WITH THE BABY THAN HE DOES. HIS FATHER NEEDS TO HAVE A MAN TO MAN TALK WITH HIM. HIS PARENTS SUPPORT HIM FULLY, BECAUSE HE IS STILL LIVING AT HOME. WITH ALL THAT HIS PARENTS DO FOR HIM, HE SHOULD NOT HESITATE TO PAY CHILD SUPPORT. I FEEL SORRY FOR BABY ISAAC, BECAUSE ONE DAY HE WILL SEE THIS TAPE. JOE WANTS ISAAC’S MOTHER TO FAIL AND HE TREATED HER LIKE CRAP WHEN SHE LIVED WITH HIM. THAT POOR GIRL HAS HAD A HARD LIFE, AND HE NEEDS TO DO HIS PART. HIS PARENTS KNOW THAT HE IS ALWAYS CRUEL TO KAILYN AND THEY KNOW THAT SHE HAS OVERCOME A LOT.

Krista

Posted at 1:40 PM on January 18, 2012

Holy crap…Joe time to grow up. Stop living off your Parents and I hope when you go to court to appeal your support amount, the Judge raises it!
What a idiot!

Macie

Posted at 9:43 AM on January 18, 2012

I sincerely hope Jenelle has to serve the max time for the new charges as of yesterday. She is immature, lazy and unintelligent. While jail won’t help with intelligence, it is exactly what she deserves.

emily

Posted at 7:48 AM on January 18, 2012

I watch teen mom every Tuesday night because they arebth new one’s. Yes I know Barbara. Is trying to get along with jenelle if I was Barbara. I would try to but the way she treats her mother and yells and icuss’s at her