Shailene Woodley Wears Toe Sneakers To 'InStyle' Golden Globes Afterparty

Mon, January 16, 2012 4:35pm EDT by 7 Comments
Shailene Woodley sneakers golden globes

The newcomer gave her feet a rest when she hit the afterparty — but why did she choose these weird looking sneakers and not a simple flat?

I understand that attending the Golden Globes and walking the marathon red carpet can be exhausting and overwhelming, especially for a newcomer like Descendants star Shailene Woodley — however, I firmly believe that you should keep your shoes on! The star ditched her pumps and form-fitting Marchesa gown for a more comfortable black frock before hitting the InStyle Golden Globes afterparty, but it was her shoe swap that left me shocked! Rather than slip into a simple flat, she donned these very questionable toe sneakers.

Personally, I don’t think these sneakers should ever be worn — and I don’t care how comfortable people swear they are — I don’t understand why one would feel the need to draw so much attention to their toes! I think the whole toe separation looks so uncomfortable and unnatural! When it comes to wearing sneakers with a dress, the only star we’ve seen manage to pull it off was Kristen Stewart — what do you think? Can Shailene totally work this look or do you think it was a bit too strange for the afterparty?

Katrina Mitzeliotis

Trish Duggan California

Posted at 5:57 PM on October 18, 2014

Hello There. I found your blog using msn. This is a really well
written article. I will make sure to bookmark it and return to read more of your useful
info. Thanks for the post. I’ll definitely return.

kristen georgina

Posted at 2:54 AM on January 17, 2012

I totally agree! KStew invented sneakers on the red carpet! Hence, the only one who can pull it off! : )

mma

Posted at 10:13 PM on January 16, 2012

ick.

Marie

Posted at 7:17 PM on January 16, 2012

I think the poor girl has scoliosis and should be commended for ditching the pumps to take care of her health. I can’t believe that anyone cares what kind of shoes she wore to the after party.

Alyse

Posted at 4:46 PM on January 16, 2012

Those shoes are so weird! I’ve seen people at school wear hem but I don’t honk they look good or comfertable. I wouldn’t wear those around school let alone on the red carpet.

Katrina

Posted at 4:55 PM on January 16, 2012

I totally agree!

Mileyah

Posted at 5:48 PM on January 16, 2012

Kristen IS the only one who can pull off kicks on the red carpet! This is so disturbing :( and I definitely wouldn’t ever wear them. Ew!