Nicole Says: If Blair Decides To Marry Louis, 'Gossip Girl' is OVER

Mon, January 16, 2012 10:41pm EDT by 37 Comments
Chuck Blair

I’m extremely disappointed with how the Jan. 16 episode of ‘Gossip Girl’ panned out. I hate to say it, but if Blair marries Louis the show is totally OVER.

On the Jan. 16 episode of Gossip Girl, we took a trip into the future,  skipping over the hospital-drama and landing right into the upcoming weeks before Blair’s (Leighton Meester) wedding. And much to the dismay of Chair fans — it looks like Queen B has made her final decision to marry Prince Louis (Hugo Becker).

The last time we saw Chuck (Ed Westwick) and Blair together, they were confessing their love to each other in the back of a limousine. But now everything has changed after their near-death car crash.

Apparently, Chuck barely survived, but it was Blair’s prayer that brought him back to life. B said a prayer promising  that she would follow through with her “vow” to marry Louis if only Chuck could live. And miraculously, he did.

And now this is WHY she won’t call off the wedding!!

I think this is absolutely the most absurd thing that I’ve EVER heard! First of all, Blair did not make a vow to Louis — YET. She has not made a promise to love Louis for the rest of her life in a church! They aren’t married!! God wants Blair to be happy, right? And if Blair feels dead inside without Chuck — which she said she did — I think God would be OK with Blair leaving Louis instead of living the rest of her life in a LIE.

Someone needs to knock some sense into Blair’s head and I’m hoping it will be Serena (Blake Lively). Gossip Girl Executive Producer, Josh Safran, did say that Serena will be right by Blair’s side throughout the wedding. Maybe it will be her sensible words that will have her to call off the wedding?

If not, I think Gossip Girl is headed towards dark days. NOBODY wants Blair to marry Louis! And even if she strays and has a secret affair with Chuck, again, it won’t be the same. Chuck and Blair have so much potential! They are the definition of true love!

I think a lot of the show’s fans — like myself– feel very disappointed with the direction our favorite chairytale is headed…

And here are my ‘OMG’ moments of the Jan. 16 episode:

#1) Chuck and Blair’s final love confession
Blair definitely owed it to Chuck to explain WHY she has been ignoring him since the car crash. And even though she didn’t fully explain the situation to him — she did assure him that she will always love him. “Just because we can’t be together doesn’t mean I don’t love you,” Blair said to Chuck. “I saw what was important and I made the only choice I could.” But Chuck, of course, refused to accept this and said he would continue to fight for her! Hopefully he can do this BEFORE she walks down the aisle Jan. 30!

#2) Blair Loses The Baby

Queen B is no longer carrying Louis’ baby. As we  predicted, she lost it in the Dec. 5 car crash. I wasn’t sure where that storyline was going to go anyway…

#3) Serena and Dan Kiss

And as one door closes, another one opens. Serena (Blake Lively) — being the best friend she is — covers up Blair’s secret by lying and saying she is the one who actually has a relationship with Dan (Penn Badgley). This leads them to kissing at the stroke of midnight on New Year’s Eve. It’s totally obvious that Serena is still so in love with Dan, but is the feeling mutual?

#4) The Real Charlie is Revealed

In Lily’s (Kelly Rutherford) search to find out where Charlie (Kaylee Defer) fled to after the night of the car crash, she actually runs into the REAL Charlie! Is this the new blonde who is going to steal Nate’s (Chace Crawford) heart?

What did you think about tonight’s episode, HollywoodLifers? Do you think Blair has  made her final decision about Louis? Will Serena and Dan’s love reignite? VOTE and sound off in your comments below!

XOXO

– Nicole Karlis

Get More ‘Gossip Girl':

1. Gossip Girl’ Scoop: Blair May NOT Be A Runaway Bride, Says EP Josh Safran
  2. Nicole Says: Why Blair Waldorf Will Leave Prince Louis For Chuck Bass On Her Wedding Day
  3. ‘Gossip Girl’ Wedding: Blair Would Never Say ‘I Do’ With Such Messy Hair

Nikita

Posted at 5:00 AM on February 16, 2012

The only reason i even watch gossip girl is just to see chuck and blair together. If they dont reunite i dont think the show will even go on, because they are perfect together.

David

Posted at 4:47 AM on February 12, 2012

YES! Please stop watching and let this pathetic show die already!

Ashley Smith

Posted at 4:23 PM on January 18, 2012

I still strongly believe that Chuck and Blair will be together in the end. Their love for each other is too strong to stay away from each other. Blair just has guilt now because she would feel like she’s lying to God. But Serena is right, God won’t punish her if she follows her feelings, he doesn’t want her unhappy. I hope Blair and Chuck get back together and they get married, they were made for each other.

Kate

Posted at 11:42 AM on January 18, 2012

I agree with every word of this. I’m so disappointed in the quality of writing for this season and the unending boredom of Blair and Louis and tepid Dair romance.

donna

Posted at 5:07 AM on January 18, 2012

100th would have been Chuck&Blair’s wedding, not this royal crap. Everybody is miserable, don’t tell me this is what religion or belief of God is about. Worst movie influence ever!!!!! I hated that movie and they have used it literally! Such a lazy writing!! They got me with 5×10 and now they lost me again! Ain’t gonna watch stupid wedding! This was really too much of a contraversy
:(((((((

Judith

Posted at 12:59 AM on January 18, 2012

Not one person doesn’t recognise how contrived the last episode was to keep Chuck and Blair apart- the writers had to use GOD! There was literally nothing else but that to keep them apart. Why aren’t they together, oh yeah I remember- because the writers don’t have the TALENT to be able to write “happy couple storylines” (this is a frikkin quote)!

Seriously Josh you don’t deserve your job as running GG. You can’t even write coherent plots anymore and I feel sorry for the talented actors (Ed and Leighton in particular) you have at your disposal, they are better than you and your writers and they deserve to be free of this god forsaken show!!! I hope you realise this when your viewer number drops below 1 million (you are already the lowest viewed scripted tv show on the WHOLE of tv).

Brooke

Posted at 11:46 PM on January 17, 2012

I reallllllllly want to see Blair and Chuck finally be together, but many people seem to be forgetting Leighton Meester said in late 2010 that she’d be leaving in TWO YEARS. Marrying Louis would help Blair be written out of the show. If that does happen, watching gossip girl for all these years is definitely not worth it.

portia lee

Posted at 8:58 PM on January 17, 2012

I don’t plan to watch the 100th episode. I can’t believe the writers see this as a reward. I just want some sort of payoff as a viewer for watching loyally all these years. They sold Chuck and Blair as this epic love that can conquer all so they shouldn’t be suprised that we want to see them make it and marry one day. Not watch Blair marry a guest star.

Elizabeth

Posted at 7:47 PM on January 17, 2012

Not so much quit forever, but Gossip Girl and I are likely to be on break soon. Maybe catch up at the end of the season? I’m tired of their inability to let CB happen.