'Desperate Housewives' Recap: Bree Has A Stalker — Who Is It?

Mon, January 16, 2012 12:01am EDT by 28 Comments
Courtesy of ABC

Plus, Susan blows the big murder secret — again! When will that stupid lady stop being stupid?

If you were hoping the Jan. 15 episode of Desperate Housewives would give us the answer to any of this season’s big mysteries — who killed Chuck who’s been sending those letters, to name a few — you’re out of luck. But this week’s episode did present a few new developments in the lives of Wisteria Lane’s finest, including the arrival of a dangerous new enemy!

Let’s start this recap out in Oklahoma, where Susan (Teri Hatcher) foolishly decided to inform Ramon’s family that he wouldn’t be coming home. I was relieved when she eventually chickened out, but quickly reminded of what an idiot she is when she went back to the house and had a private chat with Ramon’s stepdaughter.

Coming clean may have seemed like a nice gesture — Susan’s suspicion that Ramon had been abusing her was correct — but considering Susan gave her mom a check with her name and address on it, she might as well have drove to the police station and confessed!

Meanwhile, back in Wisteria Lane, the other women’s lives were pretty much falling apart. Gaby (Eva Longoria) and Lynette (Felicity Huffman) realized they have no idea how to handle things without their husbands around, and Bree (Marcia Cross)… well… she became kind of a slut. And that’s putting it mildly.

But the really suspicious story line belonged to Ben (Charles Mesure), who’s having a bit of a cash flow problem. When Mike (James Denton) caught him making a deal with a mobster, he quickly put a stop to it, then foolishly told him that Rene (Vanessa Williams) is worth millions after her divorce.

And then, of course, there’s Bree’s new “friend.” The episode began and ended with a shot of someone watching the red-haired boozehound from their car — but we’ll have to wait a little longer to find out who it is.

OK, people, let’s talk about this episode. Any guesses as to who’s behind the wheel of the car? And how many times did you want to reach through your TV and shake Susan? Leave your every thought in the comments section below!

— Andy Swift

Follow Andy on Twitter for more Desperate Housewives updates

office starter 2010

Posted at 7:31 AM on May 16, 2012

Definitely believe that which you said. Your favorite reason appeared to be at the net the easiest factor to understand of. I say to you, I certainly get annoyed at the same time as folks consider concerns that they plainly do not realize about. You managed to hit the nail upon the top and defined out the entire thing without having side effect , other people can take a signal. Will likely be again to get more. Thanks

Andrew Moyo

Posted at 9:46 PM on March 23, 2012

It has to be Carolynn Maclausky sendin the anonymous notes, remember how she conspired with felicia to frame Paul Young? W e way she noses around she must hav seen somthing. She has the knack of being at the wrong place at the right time. You never know whats next with D.H. Keep it up producers. I thot television was dead after prison break and this is up there w that blockbuster.kudos

kiki100e

Posted at 1:14 PM on February 4, 2012

i really think it is paul. dont you

mary ellis

Posted at 2:35 PM on January 25, 2012

I’m still here

Cindy

Posted at 4:29 PM on January 23, 2012

I will be so sad when Desperate Housewives is over…I have been watching them for years and I still find them funny. They helped me forget my troubles (because theirs are bigger) and made me value friendship.

After seeing what happened with Alejandro’s other step-daughter, Susan actually did a good thing for her–but yes, I originally agreed that she did another stupid thing.

I hope all of them find peace, a man, and become best friends again.

That would be my wish before they end this show…for now, I’m at the edge of my seat wondering who is the mystery person sending notes to Bree and killed Chuck. That man deserved to die. He was mean and nasty just because he got dumped.

Angelica

Posted at 2:44 PM on January 20, 2012

I’m almost always right on these ladies cause i have watched them from the beginning and it has to be Orson. Im using outside info as well, but something tells me that in the end they will all live happily ever after.

Martin

Posted at 5:07 PM on January 17, 2012

Or it may be Keith, Bree’s young lover in season 7… or even Mary-Alice!! (there have already been such incoherent surprises in this show…)

David

Posted at 3:00 PM on January 17, 2012

Is anybody considering the possibility that dave is back in town and wants to get a bit of revenge. I know it seems unlikely but in desperate housewives anything can happen. and the whole part with susan is really annoying me. she needs a life

Cesar

Posted at 1:28 PM on January 16, 2012

Isn’t it a little convenient that Bree mentioned her father this week? Orson is the obvious choice to be her stalker but anything goes in this last season, remember the season with the serial killer? a new character suddenly appeared when we all suspected Angie Bolen’s (Drea De Matteo) husband or son to be the killer.
I wouldn’t be surprised if Bree’s father made a magical appearence specially now that Bree is misbehaving.

Cesar

Posted at 1:30 PM on January 16, 2012

…And Susan is dumber then a bucket of rocks

Andy Swift

Posted at 1:41 PM on January 16, 2012

Hahaha, I’m glad that — regardless of who we think Bree’s stalker is — we can all agree on Susan being an idiot.

sarah

Posted at 12:52 PM on January 16, 2012

See for awhile I thought it was Ben, but now I just don’t know! It was clearly a man’s hand on the steering wheel, so my first guess is Orson. He would do anything to protect Bree, plus the “You’re Welcome ” is very Orson-esque. He’s a polite fella. But how would he know about the Mary Alice letter? That’s the only part I’m unsure of. It can’t be Paul Young, and he wouldn’t do it anyways. I don’t think it was Zach. Ugh I’m so confused. I’m sure they will all go to jail anyways since Susan is a moron. Seriously, I’ve hated her enough over the years, but this just crosses the line. She’s going to give up the secret and take everybody down just because she can’t handle a little guilt. I mean, come on. First the painting, now this? They should have just tossed her in with Alejandro

Andy Swift

Posted at 2:15 PM on January 16, 2012

“They should have just tossed her in with Alejandro.”

HA!

Cesar

Posted at 12:44 PM on January 16, 2012

For being the last season it is sure getting a LOT of buildup and new storylines, will there be enough time to tie all the loose ends?
One thing that will haunt me forever is that there will never be closure (or so it seems) to the Gaby’s real daughter drama, will she ever get reunited with her and will Juanita leave with her real family???
On the stalker deal I do believe it is Orson, he could’ve started walking again, who knows.

Oh! and Susan is stupid beyond belief

Lucy

Posted at 11:24 AM on January 16, 2012

who is the actress who played Ramon’s wife on 1.15.12 episode.

JD

Posted at 1:58 PM on January 16, 2012

You probably recognize her as Frederico’s wife Vanessa from Six Feet Under, at least thats what I know her from.

Martin

Posted at 4:59 PM on January 17, 2012

The actress is Justina Machado, it was a bit hard to find it on the web but i finally got it! I remembered seeing her face somewhere and it was in Six Feet Under!

But still, Susan is a moron. :)

martin

Posted at 5:01 PM on January 17, 2012

Oh sorry JD, I don’t even understand how i didn’t see your comment before writing mine! I must be closer to susan than I thought…

emma

Posted at 10:56 AM on January 16, 2012

It’s got to be orson. And Susan is stupid.

Andy Swift

Posted at 11:17 AM on January 16, 2012

I’m assuming it’s the same person who hit Chuck, but can it be Orson? Can he drive? 0_o

Sandylb1

Posted at 12:26 PM on January 17, 2012

What about that illegitimate son of Rex’s? The one who blackmailed her out of her business? Maybe he’s been keeping tabs on her all along to have more blackmail material? I have also considered it might be Andrew, to repay his mother for helping to cover up his hit-and-run of Carlos’ mother?

Martin

Posted at 5:04 PM on January 17, 2012

hum dude… she precisely spent her cash to fix her car! ahahah

sarah

Posted at 1:20 AM on January 16, 2012

Okay, so Susan has done some retarded shit over the past few years. But that Alejandro-family stunt she pulled was by far, the dumbest thing I have ever seen on any TV show, ever! I mean, at the very least, if she HAD to tell the step-daughter he was basically dead, did she have to leave a cheque with all of her information on it? Like couldn’t she have brought cash for such an occasion? What exactly was she hoping to accomplish? Just confess to the police and get it over with already!

Andy Swift

Posted at 7:39 AM on January 16, 2012

This is the part where I ask you to marry me. We will live in a modest cottage and spend our afternoons reminiscing about what an idiot Susan is.

Robert Tyler

Posted at 2:07 PM on January 27, 2012

I’ll tell you what is the absolute dumbest thing about season 8 is why did they try to hide the murder of Gabriels step dad in the first place? The show must think there are stupid people watching because the last time I checked, if someone comes into your home and is going after your wife you pick up a weapon and do whatever it is you need to do to protect your family. Once that person enters your home without permission, their life is in your hands and there is no court in the USA that will deny it.They should have just called the cops and reported it. They made it seem like they had no right to kill that guy and now they are dragging this story throughout the season trying to hide from something that wasn’t a crime to begin with… and Susan? don’t even get me started on her stupidity. This show is running out of material and should have ended lasted season because this seasons plot is annoying.

Belinda Cham

Posted at 10:09 AM on January 29, 2012

Robert tyler, I agree with every word you just said. this show is running out of ideas. This new plot is really getting on my nerves.And that whole Bree is now a slut thing is just stupid. A few seasons ago , bree would never even consider doing any fo that stuff.I just hate how they have changed her personality. Where is that clean freak, perfect kind of thing she had going on. The audience really fell in love with that character. Don’t get me wrong I love this show, But i’m glad that this is teh last season because its nto really good anymore.

lavinia

Posted at 8:49 PM on February 6, 2012

belinda and robert, I soooo agree with you!!!! I ahte when people say we shouldn’t complain (yet we should just quit watching). the murder thing was far-fetched and ridiculous, susan is more dumb than ever, slutty bree is pathtic and ordinary.. and don’t even get me started on renee: where’s the bitchy villain that would ruffle feathers on the lane?’ she is doing NOTHING on this show besides befriending eveeryone.
it is beyone blatant the show has run its course and has no ideas left in store anymore. so kudos to all you’ve written!!

shirley

Posted at 7:35 PM on February 19, 2012

please get a life susan is lovely and adds comedy to the show
it isnt real its a tv show. she is playing a character , someone of her vulnerability personality would of cracked years ago with what shes put up with but like i said shes only acting , so leave our susie alone .