Betty White's 90th Birthday Party Special — Watch The Opening Musical Number

Mon, January 16, 2012 8:13pm EDT by 37 Comments
Courtesy of NBC

‘Betty White’s 90th Birthday: A Tribute To America’s Golden Girl’ airs Jan. 16 at 8 p.m., and we’ve got your first look!

Considering Betty White has been a staple on American television since 1945 — I’d do the math, but my head would literally explode — it’s only fitting America should throw her the ultimate 90th birthday party… on television. That’s right, Hollywood is honoring Betty with a star-studded TV special Jan. 16 on NBC. So strap on your pearls and tie your bonnets up tight; it’s time to celebrate grandma-style!

Some of Betty’s most memorable co-stars, from the ladies of Hot in Cleveland to the legendary Mary Tyler Moore, will pay tribute to the eternal Golden Girl with jokes, stories, and of course, musical numbers! Plus, she even gets a beautiful birthday cake made by Betty Crocker, who was also celebrating HER 90th birthday.

Watch the opening performance from tonight’s Betty White birthday special below, then hit up the comments section to tell us YOUR personal favorite Betty White character, project, or — if you can choose one — memorable moment:

Click To Read Our Recap Of The Betty White Birthday Special

More Betty White News:

1. Betty Reveals What It Was Like Sitting Next To R-Patz At People’s Choice Awards
  2. What Do Kim K., Betty White & The JoBros All Have In Common?
  3. Watch Betty White & More Perform At The Emmy Awards!

event hall

Posted at 12:46 AM on April 7, 2012

I have been exploring for a little for any high quality articles or weblog posts in this kind of area . Exploring in Yahoo I ultimately stumbled upon this website. Reading this info So i’m satisfied to exhibit that I’ve a very just right uncanny feeling I discovered exactly what I needed. I so much surely will make certain to don?t forget this site and give it a look on a relentless basis.

Sue Cecola

Posted at 7:15 PM on January 23, 2012

i not only adore betty i am so glad she has had 90 years to share with the world. what a roll model for me!
i missed both times her birthday celebration was on nbc. infact i cried.knowinf i missed it!!!!!.please can you tell me how i can view her nbc birthday celebration.

please e mail me and thank you BETTY

SOUTH JERSEY SUE

judy redman

Posted at 9:59 PM on January 21, 2012

happy happy birthday, Betty—–you are the best

Bill

Posted at 10:02 AM on January 18, 2012

Terrific opener…I looked and looked for the show and obviously missed it. It is definately a must to run it again. She is Hollywood classic!! Love Her!1

Patricia Lee

Posted at 9:56 PM on January 17, 2012

I remember Betty when she was on TV with Al Jarvis in 1950(?). I hope she reads this because I’m not sure how many people would remember that. We thought she was wonderful, and she still is!!

margaret

Posted at 8:34 PM on January 17, 2012

Please have a repeat of this show!!!!
I was not able to to see this special-because nbc and
direct tv have issues-
NOT fair to the public–please reconsider.

Karen

Posted at 7:03 PM on January 17, 2012

PLease let there be a repeat..!!!!!!!!!!! it wasn’t advertised enough….please….a repeat….

Elaine

Posted at 3:35 PM on January 17, 2012

Miss show. Will it be shown again?

Michelle

Posted at 9:45 PM on January 17, 2012

My family(young and old) are so disappointed they missed it. My mother and I were able to watch it and loved every minute. Please have a repeat!! It was so good! My mother was born on the exact day as Betty White, she loved it!!!

Merrilyn Apicelli

Posted at 5:54 PM on January 18, 2012

Please air Betty White’s 90th Birthday Show again. I missed most of it because I wasn’t sure when it was on. I just adore her…I think she is absolutly fantastic! I still watch her every day on the Golden Girls and once a week on Hot In Cleavland. Were could I send a letter to her besides e-mail? Thank You