'Gossip Girl' Scoop: Blair May NOT Be A Runaway Bride, Says EP Josh Safran

Fri, January 13, 2012 5:38pm EDT by 36 Comments

A

Posted at 2:10 AM on January 14, 2012

Ok first of all you all need to calm down. He said there would be a wedding but he didn’t say who to. I personally think it’s Chuck and Blair’s wedding.

sunny

Posted at 11:15 PM on January 13, 2012

All I want is Chuck and Blair. Sick of the obstacles (Dan and Louis) and I just want to see Blair and Chuck with each other. I’m so annoyed by this show and it’s show runners it’s not even funny any more.

lexie

Posted at 11:12 PM on January 13, 2012

Thanks for the interview, Nicole. I’m glad you asked our questions and it’s not your fault Josh wouldn’t take the ones we really care about (Chuck and Blair). I think Chuck and Blair belong together but I’ve been disappointed by how Safran has handled this wedding stuff and most of the season as well. I’m hoping him talking about his missteps with Blair and Serena extend to the other stories because this season has been rather disappointing. I hope he has Blair and Chuck finding their way back together. Anything else is unacceptable.

mel

Posted at 11:11 PM on January 13, 2012

They need to fix alot on this show. One major thing is Blair should be walking down the aisle to Chuck. It’s not rewarding to see her marry a guest star. I wish these producers understood their audience!

Immerblume

Posted at 11:11 PM on January 13, 2012

I miss SB friendshippy scenes just for the sake of their friendship- remember that photoshoot in the park they have together, it is a distant memory now. They barely are in each others storylines at the moment and they really are the heart of the show.
I also can’t believe that Blair is going to go through with this marriage, she used to be able to stand up for what she wanted (or scheme her way there) and she looks miserable in those wedding photos.

jenkins

Posted at 10:57 PM on January 13, 2012

Are they seriously having Blair get married? NO! Not cool at all, no wonder Safran wanted to keep mum because now I’m not watching. She and Chuck are the ONLY ones who should be marrying,not her to a guest star.At least he said he said his writing is displeasing fans but I fear it’s too late for me if Blair marries this guy.

steph

Posted at 10:52 PM on January 13, 2012

Ugh, I can’t believe she’s marrying Louis! That is so disgusting! She should be marrying Chuck. Period!

leigh

Posted at 10:48 PM on January 13, 2012

I’m glad the guy is finally becoming aware of what fans like and what they don’t-took him long enough! I want Chuck and Blair and you did your job, Nicole asking all the right questions but Mr.Safran didn’t answer because he knows that we’ll hate what’s coming. I hope for Blair and Chuck scenes. Let’s see what happens.

Jessica

Posted at 10:35 PM on January 13, 2012

Thnaks for the interview, safran reminds me a layer, he says a lot but nothing ,is good to know he is aware of the opinion and what fans are feeling about the stories.

Ellie

Posted at 10:34 PM on January 13, 2012

I miss Blerena so much! I hate that they’ve replaced them with Dair, it’s just not the same :( I know Chair will end up together, but I hope she doesn’t marry Louis, it would kind of ruin a Chair wedding in the future, you know? Maybe Chuck will show up and stop the wedding :)

Nyk

Posted at 10:29 PM on January 13, 2012

Well, I have high hopes for the rest of the season and that includes the least amount of Chuck and Blair as possible. Please Safran make it stop!! Anyway it will be nice to have more Blair and Serena screen time. Nate having a new love interest? So, whats new??

jarin

Posted at 9:04 PM on January 13, 2012

Blair cant marry louis it wouldent be good for the show. If gossip girl wants to continue to have more seasons louis cant be in the show

Violet

Posted at 7:25 PM on January 13, 2012

Biased interview much? Newsflash – not everyone cares about Chair.

MSC

Posted at 7:27 PM on January 13, 2012

But the majority do. Obviously

Sarah

Posted at 8:03 PM on January 13, 2012

Newsflash- the girl that asked this is a chair fan

Chris

Posted at 7:17 PM on January 13, 2012

Thank you!! Well he always doesnt say very much LOL. But I do like that this painful story with Blair and her men will end, and hopefully its soon. I mean she has clearly chosen Chuck but it’d be nice for the others to take the hint!!

I’m glad they are making a point to hit that harder with Serena/Blair!! We need our girls!!!

Im so glad about Desmond coming back and am intrigued with Diana!

Thanks for this, you asked great questions!

Isabella

Posted at 7:11 PM on January 13, 2012

Well, at least Safran seems to be hearing the audience opinions. It’s a step. I think the biggest mistake this season was that they tried really hard to make Dan/Blair the new Serena/Blair and the new Chuck/Blair. Of course it didn’t work out for the audience in general. You can’t take away your two biggest relationships just because you want to give space to a contrived couple like Dan/Blair. It won’t work for the casual viewers. The first 4 episodes were full of Dan and Blair and almost no Chuck and Blair and no Blair and Serena. Hope they finally realized Dan/Blair can’t carry this show, Just go back to Serena/Blair and Chuck/Blair, please. Enough with Dan’s “feelings” for Blair.

Emily

Posted at 6:52 PM on January 13, 2012

Thanks for the interview! I can’t imagine Blair NOT choosing Chuck. They’ve been in love for 5 seasons, goodness gracious! As for Safran’s comment about SB, it genuinely saddens me that he’s basically admitted he doesn’t know how to write good friendships. So DB can take up a bunch of scenes because of unrequited love, but SB don’t get any because they ae actually happy together and love each other? Wow.

Joanna

Posted at 6:40 PM on January 13, 2012

Glad to know that Safran acknowledged the complaints about the lack of Serena and Blair. But it’s obvious he knows very little about friendships. I shared my bathroom AND kitchen with 5 other people for a year and I was not friends with any of them. It’s called college! But if in their brains Serena and Blair are so close friends, then why hasn’t Blair been confiding in her this season? I think we all know the answer and it’s really sad.
On another note, I’m kind of excited to find out what Diana’s deal is. And I certainly look forward to the end of the back and forth and the Everybody Loves Blair story line. FINALLY! Of course, there is the only one option and that’s to bring Chuck and Blair together at last.

Roxie

Posted at 6:22 PM on January 13, 2012

I’m really done with this show. After all the obstacles, heartache they put us/Chair through they are going to have Blair end up with Dan? What’s the point in watching this painful journey then?! I’m OUT.

Elizabeth

Posted at 6:29 PM on January 13, 2012

I don’t think there is any real indication that CB won’t end up together. It’s a question of how interesting the road to that ending is.

Allie

Posted at 6:22 PM on January 13, 2012

Thanks for the scoop, Nicole!

My guess is that Blair will choose Chuck (she always does) but something external is going to come between them. That’s how Ed’s interviews made it sound anyway. I do hope all the back and forth with Dan ends soon, because that’s become really tiresome. And I agree with everyone who’s said that giving all of Serena and Blair’s scenes to Dan and Blair isn’t exactly a recipe for friendship success. Glad to hear they’ll be getting more scenes coming up, I’ve missed them interacting!

Elizabeth

Posted at 6:11 PM on January 13, 2012

Oh, Josh. He just doesn’t seem to get it. When you give all the scenes that used to be SB to DB? People aren’t going to feel like you actually give a crap about that friendship. Maybe 3 people on the internet want to watch Blair marry Louis, and yet it’s apparently going to happen. Because what the season needs is more of the boring Louis. Ugh. Thank goodness we had happy CB for 10 seconds? Surely that will tide me over for another season and a half of misery. :(

Honestly. He should just not talk about the show, he always manages to ruin any excitement I have going.

coop

Posted at 6:04 PM on January 13, 2012

Chair is played out. Let’s see them try out Dair for a bit.

MSC

Posted at 6:22 PM on January 13, 2012

Gross. Dair is contrived please face that fact.

Christiana

Posted at 6:02 PM on January 13, 2012

I loved all the questions!! Thanks for the article !!

Kate

Posted at 5:59 PM on January 13, 2012

This show. What on earth was the thinking behind keeping someone as tedious as Louis on for unending episodes? I would take Dair at this point, just to be rid of him. I appreciate at least that Safran admits people have been missing Serena/Blair’s friendship. I’m tired of Dan acting as her new BFF.

MSC

Posted at 5:58 PM on January 13, 2012

Blair should choose Chuck but I don’t trust these writers at all. Thanks for the interview but I hate how Safran won’t answer some questions. I’m disappointed (as always) with him, not you.

Antonia

Posted at 5:55 PM on January 13, 2012

Blair will obviously choose Chuck! She can’t marry Louis, he’s awful. Chuck is her real love and the love of her life. If Louis remains after the 100th episode, I swear I’m going to get mad because he’s useless and no one likes him.

CHAIR forever!