'The Secret Circle' Scoop: Cassie Unleashes Her Darkness On Faye

Thu, January 12, 2012 12:42pm EDT by 12 Comments
Courtesy of The CW

Plus, Britt Robertson explains that even though Cassie ‘needs’ Jake now, Adam is still very much ‘a possibility.’

As Cassie (Britt Robertson) continues to embrace her Balcoin heritage, her dark powers will start to take their toll on the people in her life — beginning with Faye (Phoebe Tonkin)! “This week, you’ll really get to see them go toe-to-toe,” Britt tells HollywoodLife.com about The Secret Circle‘s Jan. 12 episode. “Cassie’s not digging Faye. … The level of the aggression she ends up going at Faye with is probably her darker self within.”

While Britt acknowledges that Cassie and Faye have never really seen eye to eye, the latest development with Cassie’s powers will complicate their “frenemy” status even further.

“Cassie’s now getting what Faye always wanted: her own individual power that she doesn’t have to bother anyone with,” Cassie explains. “She can do her own thing, and Faye’s jealous. She doesn’t understand why Cassie gets it, so she wants to find a way to get it all for herself. The two of them will get to explore their own individual powers in different ways.”

And what about the other people in Cassie’s life — specifically Jake (Chris Zylka) and Adam (Thomas Dekker), the brooding gents vying for her heart?

“Jake represents the dark side of Cassie,” Britt explains. “He has all the information on witch hunters and all that dark stuff no one else seems to know about. That’s why she needs him. That’s why she wants him. He represents something no one understands.”

On the flip side…

“Adam represents the good side of her, and there’s the cosmic connection they felt from the moment they met each other,” she says. “It’s that tug of who she’ll end up choosing versus who she is. With the Adam side of it, Diana [Shelley Hennig] is also her best friend. So to betray Diana would be devastating to their friendship. Of course, now that they’re broken up, it’s definitely a possibility.”

As for that pesky “other Balcoin” out there, Cassie is sorry to report… that there’s nothing to report.

“I don’t even know if the writers know,” she admits. “But hopefully it’ll come out soon; I need to know ASAP. We all have our own individual theories, but I’m sure it’ll be someone no one expects, because that’s what [the writers] always do.”

OK, lay your thoughts on me: Are you hoping to see Cassie go darker-than-ever? Which guy should Cassie choose? And who could the ‘other Balcoin’ be?! Hit the comments section, friends!

— Andy Swift

Follow Andy on Twitter for more Secret Circle scoop

Amy

Posted at 11:37 PM on January 14, 2012

I like…Cake.

joji

Posted at 3:00 AM on January 20, 2012

Nice comet

Brianna

Posted at 9:17 PM on January 14, 2012

I think that Cassie should end up with Jake. If her mother and father could be together then she and Adam don’t have to be either then. Adam and Diana are perfect for each other. I think Faye should be the other Balcoin!

Paderd

Posted at 12:09 PM on January 14, 2012

I Don’t Want To See Cassie On Her Darkside But I Believe That She Should End Up With Jake Armstrong Because Adam Still Have Feelings For Diana And She Still Have It For Him…
Adam And Diana Are Meant To Be.. I Just Think Cassie Is Too Good For Adam…

Viktoria

Posted at 2:53 AM on January 14, 2012

Omg totes in love with jake!!! Cassie beter get together with him. As for adam, dont like him much. I hink faye may be the other balcoin. It suits her personality. And maybe thats y she couldnt steal cassies power but then again, i dont know. Maybe it was diana coz didnt her mom have a crush on john b??

Monae

Posted at 10:10 PM on January 12, 2012

I really don’t like Cassie that much and I would hate to see her with Adam .. I want Diana and Adam back together, and as for Faye, I loveee her!

Joanne

Posted at 8:01 PM on January 12, 2012

To be honest, I really wish Cassie will choose Jake(Chris Zylka)! I also hope that Cassie will go darker than ever, as long as she ends up with Jake!!!!

sarah

Posted at 6:22 PM on January 12, 2012

Cassie should go evil,Adam should be the one to lead her back to good.Cassie should choose Adam and the other Balcoin should be Faye.

Anthony

Posted at 3:47 PM on January 12, 2012

Yes. I hope my girl Cassie shows Faye who’s Queen Witch. This dark side of her makes me love her even more than i already do. Plus, I am looking forward to the development into the other story lines.Can’t wait for tonight!

Alyse

Posted at 3:14 PM on January 12, 2012

I want Cassie and jake to be together! I think the other Balcoin might be Faye.

Brenda

Posted at 3:01 PM on January 12, 2012

Omg i so lov cassie in the show SHE BAD A$$ faye better watch out lol bt i lov her 2 nd i still miss nick bt JAKE IS SO HOTTTT he is like nick in the book he is alsome man i cant sleep when i think of him

Anon

Posted at 1:32 PM on January 12, 2012

I’m really looking forward to Cassie exploring the good and bad inside of her and discovering who she truly is. However, that doesn’t mean I’m one day looking forward to an arc to seeing Cassie as the main antagonist in a future season. That would be a lot of fun to watch.

I can’t wait to see tonight’s episode though! Discovering more on her father, seeing the Fire & Ice Dance, and the twists we get to see. And next week’s episode I’m especially looking forward to! Thanks for the scoop, Andy.