'The Secret Circle' Recap: Cassie Chooses Between Adam & Jake

Thu, January 12, 2012 10:47pm EDT by 21 Comments
Courtesy of The CW

Do you think Cassie made the right choice? (Spoiler alert: I DO NOT!)

The Jan. 12 episode of The Secret Circle confirmed two things we already knew: Faye (Phoebe Tonkin) is out of her mind, and Chance Harbor High School should probably have more than one chaperone at its next dance. Beyond that, it also gave viewers something they’ve been waiting a long time for. Cassie (Britt Robertson) finally gave in and locked lips with…

…Adam (Thomas Dekker)!

That’s right, Cassie chose Adam over Jake (Chris Zylka). In her defense, Jake has been out of the picture for a little while — and she certainly didn’t expect him to walk in on her and Adam kissing! But whatever happened to her not wanting to hurt Diana (Shelley Hennig)?

Meanwhile, desperate for her own powers outside the circle, Faye snatched a page from Cassie’s family’s book of shadows to share with her super-hot voodoo buddy Lee (Grey Damon.) And unsurprisingly, the spell required to steal Cassie’s dark energy involved Lee unzipping Faye’s dress.

What Faye didn’t realize, of course, was that she was nowhere near ready to handle that kind of power. Not only did her actions put the students at the dance in danger, but Cassie, Diana, Adam and Melissa (Jessica Parker Kennedy) — who got a grand total of five on-screen minutes this week — all suffered as a result.

The rest of the circle was understandably pissed at Faye for putting their lives in jeopardy, but Faye countered with a very good point of her own: Hasn’t Cassie put the circle in just as much danger — if not more? She’s the one who released the demon that killed Nick (Louis Hunter), she’s the one who brought witch-hunter Jake into the circle, and she’s the one who almost killed Adam with her mind.

Cassie countered by saying that all of those events were accidents — but I’m starting to wonder how long Cassie can keep up her little innocent act. The more she chooses to embrace her Balcoin powers, the worse things are going to get. For everyone.

So what did you think of this week’s Secret Circle? Were you happy with Cassie and Adam’s long-awaited kiss? And how badly do you want to see Faye and Cassie throw down in some sort of epic witch fight? Leave your opinions in the comments section below!

— Andy Swift

Follow Andy on Twitter for more Secret Circle updates

Caaake + Deleeena

Posted at 8:52 AM on February 16, 2012

Jake and Damon are sooo alike! And I love both<3

Joy

Posted at 12:09 AM on January 18, 2012

Cassie and Adam they are good together

kelly

Posted at 3:05 PM on January 14, 2012

Adam is cute and I was actually rooting for him and Cassie to get together but once Jake came into the picture that whole Adam and Cassie thing went out the window. Jake is one smoking hott man!! Not sure where the producers are going to go with Adam and Cassie considering the books (which I have not read btw) but I’m really rooting for Jake and Cassie. Two blondes just go better together ;)

sarah

Posted at 8:03 PM on February 8, 2012

how could you change your mind so fast?
I cant believe…

Cam

Posted at 8:48 AM on February 16, 2012

I changed my mind even before Jake came to the show? I never really liked Adam that much – so when I heard there was coming a new love interest I was so excited. And when it turned out to be this totally hot guy!

bitchstolemyremote

Posted at 11:32 PM on January 13, 2012

It’s about time that Faye and Cassie had a smack down. There’s something about skinny teenage girls calling each other bitch that makes me cackle with glee. I’m probably a bit demented that way.

Our take on the episode (and calling out the costume department for their wonky choices): http://wp.me/p1VQBq-jI

GG

Posted at 7:45 PM on January 13, 2012

I think Cassie and Jake should be together. The chemistry is great between them, her and Adam(dont like him) just do not convince me at all!!!!!! I actually think Adam will end up to be the other Blackwater child. I must say if Cassie & Adam end up together or Jake leaves, I will probably stop watching the show.

Oh!!! and Diane pissed me off when she said that Cassie’s dark magic is getting stronger and starting to scare her … Well!! uMMMM!!! her grandmother kinda kicked it into full gear by trying to freaking kill her… and cant wait until she finds out her father killed Cassie’s mother and killed Nick !!!

GG

Posted at 7:42 PM on January 13, 2012

GG

Posted at 7:32 PM on January 13, 2012

keri

Posted at 4:41 PM on January 13, 2012

So I got sick at my stomach when caddie and Adam kissed…screw destiny. Caddie belongs with Jake end of story. I also do not like Adam and I also melt when Jake comes onto the scene. Caddie hasn’t chosen yet.

Diana

Posted at 2:20 PM on January 13, 2012

Casiie and Jake <3

kyla

Posted at 12:00 AM on January 28, 2012

cassie and jake <333

Ella

Posted at 1:17 PM on January 13, 2012

Not happy about the kiss, but to be fair Jake has been MIA so I didn’t see that a choice but rather a moment. Diana did say she would talk to Cassie (which broke my heart) and that Convo could have happened off screen. Cassie immediately pulled away from Adam when she saw Jake so my Cake heart still has hope. Adam … no respect left for him. Did I miss something because when did he go from wanting Diana back to lusting after Cassie? Ugh.

Hoping now that Jake has made his presence known Cassie does make a choice, and choose him.

Samantha

Posted at 12:20 PM on January 13, 2012

I hope Cake will be end-game! D: I just really don’t like Adam very much:P

Tyra

Posted at 12:18 PM on January 13, 2012

Every time we got a short glimpse of Jake, I squealed a little :) ♥

Cam

Posted at 12:15 PM on January 13, 2012

I must say – I think she made the wrong choice, and I didn’t like that they kissed. But I knew it would happen eventually :)

Ann

Posted at 7:28 AM on January 13, 2012

My heart broke when Adam talked to Diana about Cassie. Seriously, this fate business should just end and Adam should go back to Diana, they have way more chemistry than Adam& Cassie (who should stick with Jake btw). What really annoys me though that Adam goes back and forth between pining for Diana who is so important to him and Cassie. One time he is totally in love with Diana, wants her back and ignores Cassie and then all of a sudden he ignores Dianas feelings and starts flirting up Cassie. Ugh.

Zoey

Posted at 8:13 PM on March 4, 2012

Oh my god! I know! When he did that, all I could think of was “WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT YOU HEARTLESS SACK OF BISCUITS!!!” He was so clueless! It had been, what? Like, just two weeks since they broke up and he was already like, “Hey! Could you try to convince your best friend to go out with me? Thanks so much! You’re such a pal, I knew I could count on you! ;)” I mean, seriously? She was so hurt by it, you could obviously tell! Poor Diana :( Just, ugh. Exactly. Ugh.

ali

Posted at 3:01 AM on January 13, 2012

Good gosh, Adam and Cassie are so, so, so boring together! AND I’m angry she betrayed Diana–she made a speech about not wanting to hurt her like 10 mins before? I just can’t believe Adam/Cassie–not interesting at all.
Jake and Cassie, on the other hand, that should be the main pairing. Hopefully they keep building them up throughout the show because they are great together and Jake is an amazing character. :)

Joanne

Posted at 2:49 AM on January 13, 2012

I think Cassie should choose Jake
He did save her life and proved he did care for her

Alyse

Posted at 10:57 PM on January 12, 2012

I was so NOT happy with the Cassie and Adam kiss! She’s always going on about not hurting Diana, she even went on about it in this episode, and then she just kissed him. As doo as they started kissing I thought “Jake is totally gone come in now” and he did! I hope Cassie realizes that Jake saved her from the fire and forgives him! Cassie and Jake need to be together, they have such great chemistry!