The ‘Twilight’ actress wore her dark strands in glossy curls. Her hairstylist tells you how he created the look that you can re-create easily at home.
Celebrity hairstylist Paul Norton describes his January 11 People’s Choice Awards look for Ashley Greene as “no volume casual ‘S’ curls with shine” and he tells you how to craft her hairstyle in just five steps!
- On wet hair, use a generous amount of Joico’s Body Luxe Design Foam throughout, from the middle of hair to the ends and scrunched it into the damp hair.
- Then, randomly take pieces of hair and wind them roughly around your finger in different directions in a dreadlock fashion.
- Next, defuse the hair to create a rough natural texture without making the hair too full. Be sure to flatten and smooth the root area with your hands to avoid any root volume.
- Once the hair is fully dry, begin taking 2-inch sections from the back of the hair at the nape spraying each section with Joico’s K-pak Protective Hair Spray. Then, wrap each section around a 1-inch iron stopping about an inch and a half away from the ends, leaving them straight. With each section of hair, alternate from a 1-inch iron to a 1 1/2-inch iron, so that the look doesn’t seem too forced and structured.
- Once you are done curling the entire head, lightly dab Joico’s K-Pak Protect and Shine Serum on them on the straight ends of the hair. Then, gently run your fingers thru the hair in a comb-like fashion and twist some more random pieces for a little more interest. Finally, seal the deal with Joico Joishape Shaping and Finishing Spray to hold your shinny locks in place!
Would you try this look at home?
More from our BFF’s at Glamour: