Selena Gomez Tweets A Pic Of Her New Purple & Blue Highlights

Wed, January 11, 2012 7:39pm EDT by 22 Comments
Selena Gomez

It’s a new year which means new hair for Selena Gomez! She went and got exciting new extensions for her South American tour, HollywoodLife.com found out exclusively! What do YOU think of her new ‘do?

Selena Gomez, 19, took it to Twitter to debut her newest hairstyle and we’re totally loving it.

Selena tweeted “Change is good… My girls @ninezeroone take care of me always :) LOVE” with a twitpic of her super cute new hair.

“She wanted something a little more spunky fun and different,” said Chauntal Lewis, who works the front desk at Nine Zero One salon in West Hollywood, where Selena got her hair done on Jan. 11th. Selena received about 75 strands of the Great Lengths Hair Extensions in purple and blue — something fun and exotic for her upcoming South American tour that kicks off in San Juan, Puerto Rico on Jan. 22!

We love how Selena isn’t afraid to try something different and edgy with her hair. We think she looks ah-mazing!

Don’t you agree HollywoodLifers? What do YOU think about her new look? Vote and weigh in below.

– Nicole Karlis

More Selena Gomez News!

1. Justin Bieber & Selena Gomez At Washington Dulles International Airport
  2. Justin Bieber Sings For President Obama Again — Was Selena There?
  3. Justin Bieber Playfully Grabs Selena Gomez’s Butt In D.C.

Get More From Our BFF’s At Glamour!

1. What Your Guy’s Taste in Music Says About Him
  2. Exactly What to Eat to Lose Weight (About 2 Pounds a Week, In Fact!
  3. The Most Gorgeous Celebrity Engagement Rings of 2011! Vote for Your Favorite?

officine panerai

Posted at 8:28 PM on January 1, 2013

Id need to test with you here. Which isn’t something I normally do! I get pleasure from reading a submit that will make people think. Also, thanks for allowing me to remark!

migara

Posted at 12:13 AM on May 14, 2012

you are soooooo pretty my loving sister

emillly

Posted at 4:58 PM on May 4, 2012

i LOVE her hair cut it is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!

Courtney

Posted at 6:52 PM on April 9, 2012

Hideous!!!!

Courtney

Posted at 6:54 PM on April 9, 2012

Personally i dont lik it

emma

Posted at 6:54 PM on March 20, 2012

omg selena your looks fabs im so going to get that type of hair now you inspire me so much im your #1 fan of any people i am the true one im going to get my hair like that now yay

kayla

Posted at 2:42 AM on February 7, 2012

she looks pretty.:)
Selena ur my biggest fan!

UnicornFreak

Posted at 6:18 AM on January 21, 2012

*She

UnicornFreak

Posted at 6:17 AM on January 21, 2012

He looks beautiful like always, i want her hair :D

Bree

Posted at 3:56 PM on January 20, 2012

shes mexican and country [x get it right .

nini

Posted at 5:07 AM on January 20, 2012

:* seeeeeeeeeeeelll

sellygomez

Posted at 5:06 AM on January 20, 2012

guys do you like my new hair??????? :* @nini thanks georgia from selenaaa :** LOVE YOU GUYSSS

nini

Posted at 5:03 AM on January 20, 2012

seeelll i love you you are very beautiful very biiiiiiiiiiig love from georgiaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :* :* :* :* :* :* :* <3

Keishla

Posted at 9:21 AM on January 16, 2012

I love her hair! I think she looks pretty no matter what.

Beth

Posted at 12:28 AM on January 13, 2012

I love Selena’s new hair. I’ve been wanting to get colorful hair extensions for a while. Now that Selena has them I am totally going for it. I can’t go to a West Hollywood salon but I found some great ones online at http://www.snazzylites.com I think I’m going to try hot pink and purple. Thanks for the inspiration Selena!

Kristina

Posted at 4:42 PM on January 12, 2012

Love it! But I wish she had dyed it to keep it longer!!!

Rather disappointed.

Posted at 1:56 PM on January 12, 2012

Extensions? Come on. If little Selena is trying to do something ‘edgy,’ she should try actually dying her hair rather than taking the easy way out with extensions.

Selena fan

Posted at 7:30 AM on January 12, 2012

Wait,Ur going to puertorico, i HATE PUERTORICANS!!!
I guess I have to look for another artist/actress to like :(

Keishla

Posted at 9:28 AM on January 16, 2012

Wow really, hate much… I’m Puerto Rican n btw she’s not Puerto Rican she’s half Mexican n half Italian duh…n u call itself a Selena Gomez fan wow that’s sad. I bet i know than u of course I’m a true Selena Gomez fan n always will be!!!

b

Posted at 2:42 PM on January 26, 2012

F U

Julie

Posted at 10:03 PM on January 11, 2012

Lookin good! I was thinking of getting my hair done like that (but with pink and green) Hope it looks as good as hers!

Xanthe

Posted at 9:48 PM on January 11, 2012

Wow Selena looks sooo good. I love her with her highlights. Blue and purple, my two fav colors!