Chloe Moretz Thinks It's Important To Dress Age Appropriate: She's So Down To Earth

Wed, January 11, 2012 12:08pm EDT by 8 Comments
chloe moretz style

It’s so refreshing to find a teen that isn’t trying to grow up too fast!

While most teens try to push the envelope in overly-sexy, grown-up dresses, stylish young star Chloe Moretz totally disagrees with that way of dressing! HollywoodLife.com caught up with the 14-year-old Hugo star at the 2011 National Board Of Review Awards Gala in NYC on Jan. 10, where Chloe, in a vibrant red Miu Miu Resort frock, said it’s so important to dress age appropriate — you don’t want to overdo it!

“I think you can push the boundaries in a way of edginess, but I think you should try to stay appropriate to your age, definitely,” she said, before weighing in on her personal sense of style. “I like to push the boundaries in what I wear, in that it’s new and kind of funky. I’m usually a bit different than almost everyone else on the carpet.”

I’ve been excited to see the star walk the red carpet at the Golden Globes for the first time — but Chloe admitted she still doesn’t know if she’s going! “I don’t know,” she said when we inquired about her dress for the big night. “I have to figure out if I’m going yet or not.”

The star went on to tell reporters that her family still keeps her grounded — while she may get glam for the red carpet, this teen isn’t allowed to splurge on high-fashion! “Actually Chanel gave me my first two Chanel purses ever,” she said. “They’re just so classic. I love it.”

Considering Chloe also told us she rather wait before starring in a major fashion campaign, we aren’t surprised that she prefers dressing age appropriate — and still can’t splurge on high-fashion items. The star has a long career on the red carpet ahead of her, there’s no need to run out and push the envelope at the sweet age of 14. Not only is she super talented and fresh-faced, but she’s also a great role model — and that’s why we’re such big fans of the young star!

Written by Katrina Mitzeliotis, Reporting by Lindsey DiMattina

For more style news, follow Katrina on twitter!

More Style Stories:

Sophie

Posted at 1:54 PM on February 28, 2013

Hmmm … kind of ironic seeing as the media always squeals about how “grown up” she looks. She wears dresses that are FAR too old for her, just look at what she wore to h&m fashion show in Paris. You could see a bit of her cleavage and you just get the impression that she tries to look sexy, and being the same age as her it just makes me feel uncomfortable.

whatever

Posted at 7:10 PM on July 30, 2013

There is no cleavage visible in the H&M Fashion Show pics as you claim.

Maiara Monaly

Posted at 1:36 PM on January 22, 2012

Chloe is amazing as always. Most girls her age do not wear those clothes she wears. (I know because I am one). But these clothes fit perfectly with Chloe then I see no problems using it she wears. As I always say: Every one is your style!

Chloe is PERFECT!;)

Keemer

Posted at 3:40 PM on January 21, 2012

She’s making much more of an effort now but she wasn’t looking for age appropriate at the Toronto International Film Festival this past year and was criticized accordingly for wearing a leather and lace see-through style Valentino dress at the age of 14. That was an oversight this article seemed to have glanced right over.

jason stohner

Posted at 4:08 PM on January 13, 2012

chloe moretz is definitly the most intelligent and wise actress hollywood has working right now. Her quality has opened my heart to take her as my wife. I plan now to love her for the rest of my time on this planet and even hope to take her with me when im taken. ufo!! jason s. p.s. l love you chloe.

jason stohner

Posted at 4:07 PM on January 13, 2012

Sonny

Posted at 5:30 PM on January 12, 2012

Is she high? SHE’S THE EPITOME OF A TEENAGER WHO DOESN’T DRESS HER AGE! I love Chloe, but she RARELY looks her age. If there’s one teen star out there who is known for always looking “all grown up,” it’s Chloe Moretz. This is very hypocritical.

c

Posted at 12:50 PM on January 11, 2012

she’s so right.. those little Kardashians should take some tips from this girl! you rock!