'One Tree Hill' Season 9 Scoop: The Stars Reveal 8 Major Secrets

Tue, January 10, 2012 2:35pm EDT by 49 Comments
one tree hill season 9
Courtesy of The CW

HollywoodLife.com took a trip to Tree Hill, and it sounds like the show’s ninth season might just be its craziest yet!

Well, kids, the day we’ve looked forward to — and also dreaded — is almost here. The final season of One Tree Hill premieres at 8 p.m. tomorrow (Jan. 11) on The CW, and I was fortunate enough to be on the show’s Wilmington, N.C., set to get the scoop straight from the stars! Bethany Joy Galeotti sums the whole thing up pretty nicely (“near death experiences, jealousy, psychotic breakdowns, post-traumatic stress”), but let’s see what the other residents of Tree Hill have to say about what they’ll be up to during the show’s final run.

(Plus, click here for our recap of the season premiere!)

Haley’s life falls apart (thanks, Dan):

“Things very quickly start to unravel,” Bethany tells us of Haley’s life in Tree Hill. “There are some issues with another restaurant that is in town … so there are some sort of fun little escapades that she and Brooke go on trying to right the name of Karen’s Café. Meanwhile, Haley’s trying to deal with having Dan around and deciding whether she’s going to let this person back in her life and into her family’s life. And Nathan is away, and that’s taking a huge toll on their relationship. It’s a lot about Haley finding out what her limits are.

Brooke has daddy (and baby) issues:

“You’re going to meet someone who’s really relevant to Brooke’s life who you’ve been wanting to meet for a long time,” Sophia Bush tells us. (Click here to see pics of said “someone.”) “You’re [also] seeing Brooke and Julian with babies. Infants are really hard to deal with on set, so we have kids now who are pretty close to a year playing a little younger than they are. The babies are amazing. They just sit there looking at us everyday, and I think, ‘You’re the best babies ever.’ It’s good.”

Julian breaks down:

“There’s a situation with one of the kids, and … Julian really puts a lot of blame on himself for this thing that happens,” Austin Nichols tells us.

Chris Keller sees plenty of action (but not that kind):

“I use a bit of trickery to get myself back into Tree Hill,” Tyler Hilton tells us. “I’m done with touring and have to fake my way back into everyone’s lives, so it’s kind of funny. It’s also such an action-packed season … but it doesn’t revolve around chicks, much to my dismay. Most of the season, a lot of my stuff is with Chase and we totally bromance out. Chris Keller needs friends — he never has guy friends — and he just thinks Chase is the coolest, which is hilarious.”

Wedding bells for Quinn & Clay?

“I feel like this season really tests Clay and [Quinn's] relationship, and not in a way that we’re in comas or it’s life-threatening, but it really tests the strength of our love for one another,” Shantel VanSanten tells us. “I think that if we make it through … there is a place where forever exists for them. I don’t know if I want us to get married. A part of me likes being non-conventional.”

‘History repeats itself’ for Clay:

“Have we ever seen Clay not have issues?” Robert Buckley asks us. “From dating dead people on the low-low to being shot by said person’s doppelanger, I mean… yeah. There’s the old adage that ‘history repeats itself,’ and Clay and Quinn are absolutely no exception to the rule. They’re not out of the drama woods yet. You’re going to get a good chance to see if we got what it takes to go the distance.”

Chase & Alex have commitment issues:

“[Chase] is back in town and working things with Alex, still managing the bar,” Stephen Colletti tells us. “When the season picks up they’re going strong and they’re both about to take some big steps in their lives. You’ll see some steps further with their commitment to each other — and then maybe someone being a little reluctant.”

Even Jamie’s life takes an emotional turn:

“He’s getting very emotional,” Jackson Brundage tells us. “Which is not easy for me. I like to be funny. [Jamie will have] tons and tons of drama.”

I’ll have more scoop from the One Tree Hill cast as the season progresses, but for now, hit the comments section with your wishes for season nine. Who should get married? Who should hook up? Who should get killed off? (That last one’s just for the angrier fans.)

— Andy Swift

Follow Andy on Twitter for more One Tree Hill scoop

Lucy

Posted at 10:10 PM on January 18, 2012

i think that clay and quinn should get married for sure… no one can die i love everyone on the show if someone dies it will just end the show on a downer.. i think jamie should get even closer with maddison .. CUTTE… i really think that lucas has to come back with peyton and there baby. I hope the show finishes off on a high with all the cast go a way for a fun and happy weekend somewhere and everyone ends up with someone.

Faith

Posted at 8:55 PM on January 18, 2012

You really need lucas and Peyton back if things r ending it’s not right. I’ve watched this show from day one but ever since my favorite couple left town nothing has been the same , couldn’t even watch the show anymore the new charactes suck simple as that can’t Stand Quinn . Peyton is so much better no one can replace her. Just miss them and we should see how they are doing. R they happy? Anymore kids?

Dan or Alex or Quinn should be killed off. Anyone else would be going to far..,

Sheerah09

Posted at 1:03 AM on January 17, 2012

I’ve been watching One Tree Hill eversince it began. I really do hope this season ends bringing a smile to all of our faces. I hope nobody will die …. but I trust Mark S. and his team.. They have given us a great story to follow from the start. I grew up wwatching this show.. and it will be truly missed..

J-Nenmin

Posted at 4:44 PM on January 16, 2012

everyone talking like a murder…by the way if jaime really die in the final season..then i had enough cuz jaime is my favorite actor in this show…i wish i had a son like jaime one day..

Kiumelly

Posted at 4:39 PM on January 16, 2012

why would it be Jamie that got killed???? because he is the main reason why I watched the whole episode from when he was born…sad.

Angie

Posted at 5:34 AM on January 16, 2012

I think it will be Nathan being killed off, he does leave Haley and the kids a lot. It just makes since sorta I wish it didn’t have to be such a sad season. I really don’t think it will be any of the kids or babies! This shall be a very interesting season to watch.

Charming angel

Posted at 4:13 AM on January 15, 2012

I want peyton to come back together with her baby.

liana

Posted at 11:25 PM on January 12, 2012

I am obsessed with this show and recently heard about it from my cousin one I watched the first episode I was addicted and I watched all eight seasons in one month. I really really don’t not want this to be the last episode all these characters are amazing actors and they only appear on this show, there is no way I can go without seeing nathan I really hope he isn’t the one that dies!

ak

Posted at 7:50 PM on January 12, 2012

I’m really sad this show is ending, it is by far the best show ever! I love all the couples in it, & the families they made. This show just makes perfect sense. & this season is so short! :(

haley

Posted at 9:28 AM on January 12, 2012

I predict haley was crying tears of joy because the body wasnt nathan or jamie or whoever she thought it would be. i dont think theyre going to kill off a major character that would be too depressing

lucy

Posted at 10:13 PM on January 18, 2012

i soo agree :)

kat

Posted at 9:07 PM on January 20, 2012

i REALLY hope your both right.. coz tht wud jus be too heartbreakin.

Mz Brown

Posted at 10:17 PM on January 11, 2012

I love the show…I’ve been watching it since the beginning…I really miss Peyton and Lucas and even Karen and hope they at least make a guest appearance in the final season…matter fact I hope everyone has at least one appearance in the final season…will skillz millie and deb be in this season?

Deryn

Posted at 9:06 PM on January 11, 2012

It wouldn’t be Jamie dieing I just watched the first episode and the body looks a little large to be Jamie but if Nathan or Lucas dies I’ll cry so much :(

Megan

Posted at 7:01 PM on January 11, 2012

I really hope none of the main characters get killed of like Haley, Nathan, Jaime, lucas, Peyton, haley and nathans newborn, Peyton, etc. Maybe some babies and marriages wold be nice. Lucas and Peyton returning, and they have another baby. I really wish this wouldn’t be the season finale I don’t want it to end. I have been watching it since it began and I’m 13!!

Sarah Collins

Posted at 7:00 PM on January 11, 2012

We want Lucas and Payton back! They were everyone’s favorite! Jamie better not get killed!…if anyone gets killed off it should be the killer! (Dan) I’m really glad that there is going to be another season because we don’t want it to end! Everything felt soooo rushed during season 8! I also really want Broke and Julian to stay together!!!! Their so cute together <3

Kate

Posted at 2:54 PM on January 11, 2012

Hi,
I just wanted to ask when season 9 will be shown in the UK as I know its due today 11/01 in US but wanted to know when it will be on in here? I am a massive, massive fan and am gutted its the last season :( I thinks its brilliant and the best programme ever! all the actors are brilliant and all so stunning too.
Im already watching season 8 for the 2nd time!
If anyone knows could you please reply to me, or is there any way I can watch online from UK?
Thanks xx

michelle

Posted at 1:36 AM on January 26, 2012

http://www.cwtv.com you can watch episodes day after they air in us i watch them on there when i miss episodes hope this helps

Peyton

Posted at 1:59 PM on January 11, 2012

killing off one of the original characters would make the show very interesting..although killing jamies a little harsh. I would love to see another dramatic wedding scene like haley and nathas for mouth and millies wedding, and even the death of mouth would be depressing but make the final season insane. i heard theres a physco killer…so who knows

Miss_B

Posted at 2:45 AM on January 11, 2012

Killing off jamie would only make the season super depressing not interesting thats awfull, Dan should be killed off … Mouth n Millie get married there owe so cute.. Aannd Quin n Clay have a baby

Andy Swift

Posted at 11:47 AM on January 11, 2012

Haha, yeah, I’m definitely NOT on the “let’s kill Jamie” boat. That’d be messed up.

kaitlin

Posted at 2:19 AM on January 11, 2012

Uh.. Yes? It sorta does make you a bad person. Dan definitely should be the one who gets killed off. Just saying.

JoAnn

Posted at 10:44 PM on January 10, 2012

I am so looking forward to Season 9. Great show. To bad it has to end.

thatsfortrue

Posted at 9:25 PM on January 10, 2012

i’m disappointed that mia will not appear in the final season, according to stephen colletti.

is lauren really going to be pregnant with david’s (quinn’s ex) baby or is that a foiler?

would like to see bess armstrong (haley’s mom) back from beyond the grave like they did with keith.

Andy Swift

Posted at 11:47 AM on January 11, 2012

I’m almost 100 percent sure the David/Lauren thing is true. As terrible as that sounds… lol

Bella

Posted at 8:36 PM on January 10, 2012

Clay and Quinn get married.
Mouth and Millie have a baby.
Dan gets killed off

Andy Swift

Posted at 11:48 AM on January 11, 2012

Oh, wow… skipping the wedding and going straight for the baby? I feel like Mouth/Millie would be a little more conventional than that, but who am I to say?

kayla

Posted at 9:38 PM on January 14, 2012

Is that all true ? If so, how do you know?

Tasha

Posted at 8:06 PM on January 10, 2012

I want Quinn and Clay to get married! Their so perfect together. Even in real life.

Ayomipe Tuakli-Lawson

Posted at 5:49 PM on January 10, 2012

O.m.g! with all these details about season 9, i really cant wait and i honestly wish one tree hill never ends but the sad part is that it has to. Well the more interesting part is that one tree hill lives on forever and thank God for dvds, we can always watch again and again. Love u OTHcrew.

Andy Swift

Posted at 6:12 PM on January 10, 2012

haha, thank God for DVDs indeed!

Barbara gray

Posted at 4:09 PM on January 10, 2012

I just hope that someday down the road they all come back for a reunion show. Also is whitey going to be in season 9 miss seeing him he had a role in most of their lives

Andy Swift

Posted at 4:29 PM on January 10, 2012

I love that the final season hasn’t even started and we already want a reunion.

I’M NOT READY! :(

charlotte

Posted at 3:03 PM on January 10, 2012

wedding for clay and quinn and if anyone has to die, i hope it’s jamie. does that make me a bad person?

Andy Swift

Posted at 3:04 PM on January 10, 2012

Uh… yes. Yes it does.

Ayomipe Tuakli-Lawson

Posted at 6:37 PM on January 10, 2012

It sure makes u a bad person…how will anyone ever wish for jamie to die?

Dina

Posted at 8:23 PM on January 10, 2012

Umm, yesss!! That definitely makes you a bad person!!

mary

Posted at 8:34 PM on January 10, 2012

What the fu k yes…u r a bad person

oubb

Posted at 1:02 AM on January 11, 2012

No it doesn’t make you a bad person. I said the same thing because it’d make the season superrr interesting!

Andy Swift

Posted at 11:48 AM on January 11, 2012

It would make the season interesting, Oubb. Sad… but interesting.

ak

Posted at 7:47 PM on January 12, 2012

Why would you hope it’s Jamie? That is so horrible?! I don’t want any of them to die, but I know someone does.. so I hope it’s Dan.