Nicole Says: Why Blair Waldorf Will Leave Prince Louis For Chuck Bass On Her Wedding Day

Tue, January 10, 2012 10:23pm EDT by 39 Comments
Blair Waldorf and Louis Wedding

Christiana

Posted at 12:40 PM on January 11, 2012

Well even if she marry Louis there is no way this wedding counts.What i mean is hat as we’ve seen from the set pics Georgina drug father Cavalia and as we saw on the 5×13 stills other “priest” is going to marry Blair and Louis(probably someone who works for Georgina) PS:Don’t forget the set pics where Georgina is dressing like an altar boy. :)

sarah

Posted at 12:38 PM on January 11, 2012

I only want Chair!!!!!!!

Anon

Posted at 12:12 PM on January 11, 2012

GG is the craziest show ever! I think we all know Chuck and Blair are meant to be. They are just two of a kind. Sadly, I think she will marry Louis because that goes with the crazy soap opera part of GG. However, she looks like she is in line for her execution in the photo above, not like she is a happy bride-to-be. So I think we will have a little Chuck and Blair action before long!!!

Guest

Posted at 12:01 PM on January 11, 2012

I would love for them to pull a Ross and Rachel. At the alter, when Blair is supposed say, “I Blair, take thee Louis…” She should accidentally say, “Take thee Chuck!” That would be awesome!!!

anna

Posted at 10:03 AM on January 11, 2012

I think this picture, along with many other pictures, is a dream sequence. They are always doing those with Blair, and then she wakes up in bed. Knowing the writers, I bet the wedding happens. She does get married to the prince. But then she will eventually go back to Chuck, but not till the season finale where we will then be forced to wait all summer until seeing them finally happy together.

Rebecca

Posted at 8:01 AM on January 11, 2012

Blair was Queen B of the Upper Easy Side long before Chuck happened and she could be again on her own. I for one would love to see that. I don’t think she should marry Louis because they don’t act remotely like two people who are ready to get married, but I equally don’t think she should be with Chuck, who has treated her extremely badly in the past. She isn’t bound to him forever just because she lost her virginity to him and he was her first love.

priya

Posted at 7:50 AM on January 11, 2012

we want to see a chair wedding pleaseeee…..go away louis

Rini

Posted at 7:36 AM on January 11, 2012

Because Blair leaving someone to run back to Chuck isn’t extremely overdone, tired, cliché and pathetic by this point?

Can we get a third option for your poll that says Blair runs away FOR HERSELF! Not for some other guy. I mean hey, I would be completely up for her and Dan getting together by the end of the show but for now… can she not just do something for her, and her alone? Can she not just finally be allowed to be a strong woman independent of Louis and Chuck? Her own person.

I’m going to skate over the utterly disgusting aspects of her relationship with Chuck, the way you seem to think that “unpredictable” covers that, and that it’s somehow made okay because they are “Oh so in love”, and the awful message that that sends to young girls about how a man should be allowed to treat them… and skip straight to Blair needs to find who she is without a man dictating it for her. She’s twenty years old for crying out loud, let the girl breathe.

She is an incredible character and her storylines with both Chuck and Louis over the seasons have left her unrecognisable as the once strong, proud, intelligent young woman who could rule the Upper East Side alone with one hand tied behind her back.

Rebecca

Posted at 8:04 AM on January 11, 2012

Very well said!

Guest

Posted at 11:56 AM on January 11, 2012

Oh give me a break!

It’s a soap opera, not a life coach.

Rini

Posted at 8:02 PM on January 11, 2012

No, actually I will not give you a break.

Yeah okay it’s a ‘soap opera’ and the way that women are portrayed on television these days is horrendous in and of itself, but the portrayal of a ‘romantic relationship’ in which two people use each other and play games constantly, and where a young, confident woman is made to feel utterly inadequate without the man, made to feel dirty, exhausted, cheap, like property, like nobody else could ever love her, where she is mentally, emotionally and eventually physically abused… and to have her be okay with that because of this so called “Epic Love” she shares with this man… to have that relationship portrayed as something good, something you should want for yourself, to have it get a “happy ever after”-esque ending… no. I draw a line.

I will not give that a ‘break’. You can give me drama, give me hysterics and will they/won’t they, I will deal with trust issues and commitment issues and unrequited love… Hell I can deal with an abusive couple as long as it is dealt with delicately and ensures it’s audience knows how bad this is… but I will not give a break to abuse where it is breezed over like this.

I won’t do it, and I won’t stand back and not voice my opinion when someone who talks directly to the public like this, is romanticizing and idolising abusive relationship in this manner.

As a woman I can’t do it. Sorry if the truth offends you.

Guest

Posted at 2:22 AM on January 12, 2012

Whoa… sounds like you need some R&R. It’s a soap opera, dear. Nothing more. You shouldn’t be this emotionally involved. Take a few deep breaths and calm down.

Rini

Posted at 9:16 AM on January 12, 2012

Please stop talking to me as if I’m hysterical, it’s that attitude that is keeping these things from being dealt with.
‘Oh don’t worry she’s just over-emotional, someone buy her a spar treatment and calm her down’.

That I am annoyed with this article and this couple is part of a much wider issue with the media that is very close to my heart, and just because it’s clearly not an issue to you how women in the media are treated, doesn’t mean that I am in need of R&R.

You keep saying that this is ‘just a soap-opera’ and yet there are thousands of young girls who want their very own “Chuck Bass”. I wonder would they want someone like that if they actually had him, or if they would be so keen to see a girl marry someone like him if that girl were their best friend and they knew what he had done to her in the past.

As long as this “soap opera” is aimed at young women, the producers have a duty to their audience, and that so many girls who watch this show idolise an abusive relationship and breeze over the dreadful things with “Oh but they’re in love” means that duty is being neglected.

Television influences us, it gives a message. I have watched plenty of soap opera’s in my life, and most of them have portrayed an abusive/manipulative relationship at some point, and they did it well. Those relationships were never idolised or beautified or portrayed as desirable in the way that Chuck and Blair’s was over the last four and a half seasons.

As long as television keeps telling us that this is okay, that it’s romantic, that it’s normal, then there will be girls who will think it is okay, romantic and normal. As long as the idea is reinforced on our young girls that they need a man to be powerful or strong, then some of them are going to keep thinking that they need a man to be powerful or strong. Media should be empowering young women, and Blair as a character could be a wonderful example for them, but they keep whittling her down to her romantic attachments.

But hey, maybe I picked the wrong platform to discuss this… it’s an issue I try to raise as often as I can, wherever I can, because it’s an issue that is important to me and an issue I feel is important to all women. Clearly however, the people here are not interested in seeing any change in the way women are portrayed in all kinds of media, especially soap opera’s where the damage is often at it’s worst. Clearly Blair leaving one man who smothers her for another who does the same is more important to you than her being her own person.

Terribly sorry to have wasted your time, but I guess it was worth a try. Yeah this is one comment on one article, but you can discuss these issues until the cows come home with people who agree with you, but if nobody ever raises a voice in dissent where people seem to not care or actively disagree, we’d never get anywhere would we?

Anon

Posted at 12:32 AM on January 16, 2012

“I mean hey, I would be completely up for her and *DAN* getting together by the end of the show…”

Really, you need to stop. You are just a whining Dair fan. If you weren’t, you would have never said a word about Dan.

Stop exploiting real abuse victims just because you want Dair to happen so badly.

Stavi

Posted at 5:14 AM on January 11, 2012

What’s wrong with these writers? No one wants to see Blair marry a guest star in the 100 episode. We want to see a Chair wedding. What a nice way to reward fans. That’s SARCASM in case you couldn’t tell.

Vanilla

Posted at 12:24 AM on January 11, 2012

Thanks for the article!!

Vanilla

Posted at 12:23 AM on January 11, 2012

I feel a sickening feeling that she is going to marry Louis. However, Chuck and Blair will be together eventually and forever!!

Andrea

Posted at 12:01 AM on January 11, 2012

Beautiful article! You’re so right about Blair and Chuck being “inarguably the most right for each other couple out there…” I can’t wait for them to get back together for good!

Elizabeth

Posted at 11:28 PM on January 10, 2012

It would be awesome if she left him, but I think she’s marrying him. (Despite the fact that it makes no sense that he would still want to marry her! Forget the fact that she obviously loves Chuck and not her fiancee, but from his POV: She’s cheated on him at least once, she’s almost left him and 85 times in 10 episodes, and then she was in an accident which seems to have been deadly to the their kid…while running away with Chuck. Why on earth does he need to marry her so badly? Does he get a prize? Because their marriage will obviously bring nothing but misery to both them and the viewers.)

Megan

Posted at 11:10 PM on January 10, 2012

I’m with Emily, I wish you were writing the show because it would turn out so better. I’m not sure what the writers are thinking these days because the Blair I know would not marry this guy, she would marry Chuck. Unfortunately, all the writers seem to be intent on doing is torturing Chuck and Blair (and their fans) with road blocks every where. It’s getting annoying when all one wants is to see Chuck and Blair together before this show is canceled.

Joanna

Posted at 11:07 PM on January 10, 2012

If it weren’t any other show, I’d bet she wouldn’t marry a character no one likes and judging by the photos neither does Blair. But this is Gossip Girl so I think she actually marries the prince. Because apparently what Chuck and Blair need is yet another obstacle. Poor babies! They can’t be really happy without each other.
Thanks for the lovely article btw, you clearly get the magic that is Chuck and Blair.

lexie

Posted at 11:04 PM on January 10, 2012

I’ve been annoyed with GG most of the season and her marry a guest star on the 100th episode sits completely wrong with me. That is not rewarding to fans at all. She and Chuck are the OTP and should marry each other.period.

STC

Posted at 11:00 PM on January 10, 2012

Good article! it really doesn’t make any sense for Blair to marry Louis because she loves Chuck! Wasn’t that what 5,10 was about? Who Blair wanted to be with? I can’t believe they’re actually thinking fans want to see her marry this dumb guy.

Emily

Posted at 10:57 PM on January 10, 2012

I always love your articles, and I wish you could write Chuck/Blair and Gossip Girl, LOL. I think Blair will run away from her wedding, but someone will unfortunately bring her back to Louis. :-/

LeighC

Posted at 10:55 PM on January 10, 2012

I don’t want her to marry the prince but I feel like all the show does is gibe Chuck and Blair road blocks instead of writing them as the power couple we all know they can be. Shape up Gossipgirl and do the right wedding: Chuck and Blair’s!

Step

Posted at 10:51 PM on January 10, 2012

She can’t marry Louis! She just can’t! Chuck and Blair should be together and if they aren’t I give up!

Elisha

Posted at 10:45 PM on January 10, 2012

Please let her run to Chuck! I hate the prince and I’m sick of obstacles!

Allie

Posted at 10:44 PM on January 10, 2012

I think you got the names in the title reversed :)
But yeah, I agree that the spoilers are super confusing. I don’t understand why Blair would marry Louis after everything she and Chuck have gone through together in the last few episodes- I mean, she told him he’s the one she never wants to leave! So whatever her reasons for going through with the wedding, I hope she comes to her senses soon!

msc

Posted at 10:44 PM on January 10, 2012

I have such little faith in these writers ,Nicole. I hope you’re right and she does run away with Chuck because that’s the only reason I’d watch!

Francesca

Posted at 10:42 PM on January 10, 2012

Blair is the ONLY give Chuck has said “I love you” to. Not just the first. I’m confused about his wedding. I can’t understand why she goes through with it. Last we saw she told Chuck she loved him and wanted to spend her life with him.

Chris

Posted at 10:39 PM on January 10, 2012

aww unfortunately I think she does marry Louis. Not because she wants to be a princess but because she’s afraid to be with Chuck after the accident. I dont think she’d be happy at all, I think she’d be miserable if she cant be with the love of her life. But I do agree with you, her and Chuck are it and I think we’ll have our couple again. At least I hope it with everything in me.