Karen Gravano & Ramona Rizzo Accuse Drita D'avanzo Of Starting Their Vicious War

Mon, January 9, 2012 5:23pm EST by 20 Comments
Karen Gravano And Ramona Rizzo V. Drita D'avanzo

Karen tells HollywoodLife.com exclusively that the bloody, balcony battle began when Drita ‘threw the first punch.’

All hell broke lose during the Mob Wives Jan. 8 episode when Drita D’avanzo got into an explosive and dangerous fight with Karen Gravano and Ramona Rizzo. Now, Karen and Ramona exclusively share their sides of the story with HollywoodLife.com about what really went down the night of Renee Graziano‘s party. They say that Drita ignited the fight when she threw the first punch.

“I never wanted that to happen at Renee’s party,” Karen admits to us. “I went out on the balcony because I wanted to talk to her, but when someone puts their hands on me as Drita did, I am going to be on the defense.”

Drita raised her fists first. “She threw the first punch,” explains Karen. “We didn’t go there to jump Drita. If we wanted to jump Drita, I could have waited outside of her house.”

Karen insists she was just trying to talk to Drita about their problems, but Drita couldn’t handle the truth. “Drita has no control of herself and she’s scared of the truth,” says Karen. “Anytime she can’t back her words up, she throws fists. She knows I’m not going to [let her] keep saying that she put me in the hospital. She knows that it all came from her. I was never in the hospital. That’s a lie.”

“I don’t condone violence,” Karen adds. “But, I will stand my ground and hold my own all day. I’m not backing down to someone who thinks that they can say whatever they want or put their hands on people.”

Karen is done with Drita. “At this point, it has escalated to something that is beyond control,” she says. “A future as far as friends? No. I’m just done.”

Ramona did’t want to fight Drita either. “I think it’s disgusting,” she confesses. “I do go over and I perfectly state that this is party. This is not the time nor the place.”

She blames Drita for getting confrontational with Karen. “Pick up the phone and call her,” says Ramona. “If she doesn’t want to do it, it’s her right not to meet you. You don’t take somebody else’s time to shine at a party. The spotlight is not about you and then here we go again. We have to raise hands. Could you do anyting else? Could you bring anything else to the table?”

Drita didn’t want to have a civil conversation with Karen. “You should sit there and try and talk it out and talk it out fairly,” insists Ramona.

- Lindsey DiMattina

More Mob Wives News:

1. ‘Mob Wives’ Star Ramona Rizzo Reveals How She’s Affiliated With The Lifestyle
  2. ‘Mob Wives’ Recap: Drita D’avanzo Fights Karen Gravano & Ramona Rizzo
  3. ‘Mob Wives’ Star Renee Graziano: ‘I Wake Up Every Day In Pain’ After Almost Dying In Surgery

Poetry

Posted at 4:22 PM on April 6, 2012

Pretty nice post. I simply stumbled upon your weblog and wished to say that I’ve truly enjoyed surfing around your blog posts. After all I’ll be subscribing to your rss feed and I am hoping you write again soon!

Laura

Posted at 1:19 AM on February 27, 2012

I cant stand ramona or karen,they know damn well THEY JUMPED DRITA………PERIOD!!!!!!! Last season karen was cool(mellow)chick,THIS SEASON HOWEVER,SHE GREW SUM BALLS(thanks to ramona) which is SHADY!!!!!

nastu

Posted at 12:24 PM on January 23, 2012

Karen it is to late even for timeline get off of it. Drita and u we’re friends and not anymore only because lee married her after 12yearscourt ur to late and don’t need to confront het with others around yous

nasty

Posted at 11:41 AM on January 23, 2012

The bottom line is u two want somebody to b afraid of yous and of either of yous was in Drita position yous would have reacted the same yous know about set ups and tag teams so admit it and move on

Cherry

Posted at 5:49 PM on January 21, 2012

Ramona got on the show to start trouble. Simple as that. These were 4 women who always worked their problems out in the end but with this trouble maker there will never be peace. VH1 should be ashamed of themselves for enabling this just for ratings. Lives are at stack, children are involved. The worst thing they ever did was bring this gutter rat on the show. Karen never acted like this in season one. Now, thanks to her shadow, she thinks she is the original gangster. Ramona’s hatred is cancerous and she needs to be thrown off of the show.

Josh

Posted at 4:44 PM on January 26, 2012

I totally agree! Notice how Drita and Karen were just discussing their feelings and then Ramona gets in and then it starts getting ugly. We never heard anything about Ramona last season but she realized how successful the show is and wanted her 15 minutes of fame. Karen and Ramona both need to go…they aren’t even mob wives theyre more like mob daughters!

Beyoncca

Posted at 11:18 PM on January 30, 2012

Last season Karen tried to rectify her friendship with Drita, but all Drita could focus on was how upset Karen was making Lee, over the book. Drita was too busy up Lee’s a**, instead of mending her and Karens friendship she wanted to know how much of Lee was mentioned in Karens book. I feel like Karen was overly nice and Drita,and Drita apparently took her kindness for weakness and now Karen can’t get over the disrespect Drita showed her last season on-top-of Karen finally saw all the crap Drita had been saying during her confessional. This season I was surprised when Drita pretended that, she all along wanted to mend things between Karen. Drita did nothing but tell the cameras how she would beat this chick and that chick and Karen and the hairdresser that Lee cheated with. Drita’s just a hermaphrodite. Far too masculine for me, women aren’t supposed to act like that, perhaps Lee calling Drita a dirty-pu**y-Bit** was the reason he found comfort in the hair dresser.

bob

Posted at 8:34 AM on January 17, 2012

RAMONA AND KAREN SHOULD FIND A NICE APARTMENT IN THE GHETTO WHERE THEY BELONG. Forget them…but what kind of example are they showing their children. They are both complete trash..(and that is saying it nicely)

Beyoncca

Posted at 11:25 PM on January 30, 2012

The same poor example as Drita is to her kids. I’ve never met a self-proclaimed bully. All Drita has done since season one is brag about how many girls she’s beat up. Drita throws punches as soon as she hears something she doesn’t like. I’m so tired of her saying “if I go see Lee as mad as I am now I would kill him” or “I’m gonna be his cellmate”. Drita is the worst roll model for her children. Build a bridge and get over it. Your not the 1st woman to be cheated on and woman arent killing their spouses because they cheated. Grow up you masculine broad.

allyr

Posted at 1:51 PM on January 14, 2012

Nonsense. Drita was calm and expected to speak with Karen alone. Big Ang told the cousin to stay out of it but she went in there up in Drita’s face yelling. THEN Drita lost it. Karen and Ramona are just two spoiled brats, children of mob guys and not even mob WIVES themselves. Famehoars sums it up.Karen tweeted “We travel as one”. Oh really? Two against one then? Next time have Drita bring a friend and make it an EVEN fight.

Beyoncca

Posted at 11:31 PM on January 30, 2012

As even a fight as when Renee laid on top of Karen while Drita straddled Renee and commenced to punching KAren and pulling Karens hair. While Renee held Karen down. How fare was that. Drita should have told Renee to let Karen up, instead Drita attacked a woman that was being held.
What goes around, comes around Drita! I loved the blood-shot eye. GOOD LOOK!SUCKERPUNCHER

Karen

Posted at 10:09 PM on January 10, 2012

Karen and Ramona were 1000 percent right in this situation
Team Anti Drita!
Go Karen and Ramona!
you fight for your cuz!

beth

Posted at 11:00 PM on January 22, 2012

Drita and Carla are doing what they have to do when u have children. Karen and Ramona don’t care. They act like men. Soldier for Ramona? Who says that? F A T KAREN & TROUBLE UGLY RAMONA. Renee u look great u can do much better than Junior, but u can’t help who u fall for. Hate Ramona! Don’t like Karen..go back to pHOenix..or wherever u crawled out (hell?) Have balls to confront Drita alone. Love Carla, Drita and Renee!

beth

Posted at 11:13 PM on January 22, 2012

TEAM DRITA ALL THE WAY!! Ramona is a bully with no balls and Karen can’t s##t w/o Ramona’s OK. They are both losers.

rhobhfan

Posted at 7:31 AM on January 10, 2012

Ok 1st of all, Cant stand Ramona AT ALL… She said she didnt want to fight with her and she was trying to stop it, Then why did she get in Dritas face and start talking about the things Drita has said about her for the past 2 years? Please.. She just wanted camera time.. Now KAREN and I have to use caps cause thats a BIG GIRL she should know she didnt win that fight. Drita didnt have a black eye, It was bloodshot just like Carla said it looked. KAREN ya lost and we all saw BIG GIRL GO BOOM! Karen keeps getting her BIG self whooped and yet still keeps saying she ” comin for Drita” havent you learned? Quit comin for that girl! She messes you up everytime.And just cause you got Ramona AKA Angelina from Jersey Shore on your side dont mean nothin, All she did was PULL HAIR… Hmm whatcha got to say about the hair pullin KAREN?? Only one I saw swingin the whole time was Drita, Ramona pullin hair, KAREN trying to do an uppercut but missin badly, It was probably Derrick who accidentaly poked Drita in the eye. Quit takin credit for something you DIDNT do KAREN. Dont worry about acheiving to whoop Drita cause it wont happen and you look stupid keep sayin that YOU beat her up and blacked her eye, The only thing you need to worry about acheiving is your weight loss!

MCC

Posted at 1:39 PM on January 10, 2012

You took that right out of my head! Karen act like she miss innocent. NOT she wanted it badly!

vinny

Posted at 6:36 PM on January 9, 2012

Why is Romona on the show? And why did they have to crowd her?

patricia birge

Posted at 4:12 AM on January 10, 2012

i dont know where she came from but she’s a firecracker!

sarah g.

Posted at 1:20 PM on January 10, 2012

her grandfather is lefty guns do ur research idiot

Zilly

Posted at 6:10 PM on January 9, 2012

Maybe there are some communication probs?