Jay-Z's New Song For Daughter Blue Ivy Carter — Hear 'Glory' Now

Mon, January 9, 2012 2:54pm EDT by 13 Comments
Jay-Z Blue Ivy Carter

The best rapper alive records an amazing song for the best baby alive — and reveals that he and Beyoncé faced a miscarriage before their first child was born.

Beyoncé Knowles just had one of the best babies of all time — Blue Ivy Carter — and proud papa Jay-Z ALREADY released a great song to commemorate the event!

Jay-Z, 42, dropped ‘Glory’ on his website Life + Times on Jan. 9, and it is filled with dexterous flow and great lyrics. Our favorite? “You’re the child of destiny / you’re the child of my destiny / you’re my child with the child from Destiny’s Child.”

The song also features crying from the newborn that was recorded shortly after her Jan. 7 birth.

Also of note: Jay reveals that he and Beyoncé, 30, struggled on the path to parenthood.

“Last time the miscarriage was tragic / We was afraid you’d disappear but nah baby you’re magic,” he raps. He’s so honest.

Do YOU love ‘Glory,’ HollywoodLifers?

– William Earl

More Jay-Z & Beyoncé:

1. It’s Outrageous That Jay-Z & Beyonce’s Baby Is Treated As More Important Than Other Babies At An NYC Hospital
  2. Beyonce & Jay-Z’s Baby — Celebs Tweet Congrats
  3. Beyonce & Jay-Z Stop Father From Seeing His Sick Twins In ICU

used handphone

Posted at 10:22 AM on April 9, 2013

Hi, thanks for sharing

NZ Queenstown

Posted at 2:28 PM on May 8, 2012

Just desire to say your article is as amazing. The clearness to your post is just cool and i can think you’re a professional in this subject. Well with your permission let me to snatch your feed to stay up to date with coming near near post. Thanks 1,000,000 and please carry on the rewarding work.

I love jay z like no other man on earth with his wife beyonce and daughter i wish you guys the best of luck.

Posted at 9:56 AM on February 5, 2012

American rappers are my people.

Jacinta

Posted at 2:34 AM on January 10, 2012

These r some lyrics from meh

ur the buetifulest baby alive
baby just survive
miracle from heaven
baby your my heAVEN

your the apple to my pie
my j to my z
my bey to my once
my miracle from Paris

don’t listen to rumours
just use my humour

BABY JUST SURVIVE
BABY UR MY LIFE

DEDICATED TO BABY IVY
FROM JACINTA (MELBOURNE)

lp

Posted at 2:15 AM on January 10, 2012

Love the song only if more men felt this way about their. Kids the world would be different ……… U hv really grown Hov I feel u all the way u and B will be great parents … The world needs this song just like we need the song meet the parent …..

lp

Posted at 2:08 AM on January 10, 2012

Love the song only if more men felt this way about their. Kids this would be different ……… U hv really grown Hov I feel u all the way u and B will be great parents … The world needs this song just like we need the song meet the parent …..

NotABeyondFan

Posted at 12:55 AM on January 10, 2012

I think we’ve all heard enough about this baby and how they took over a hospital gansta’ style.

shut up, Jay Z. We don’t want to hear your drunken rants anymore. It’s over.

L E

Posted at 11:30 PM on January 9, 2012

Congrats to the Carters enjoy every moment. From one daddy’s girl to another Baby Blue, I know you already know your pops is a lyrical genius and has mad love for u…. Yo Jay, Wow man, Glory is the epitome of beautiful, I’m just sayin…Blessings, John 3:16

Byrdlady

Posted at 10:49 PM on January 9, 2012

Great words for a man an his child. A change from a boy to a man…. Smile, your glory to me. A song that gives meaning bout time..

Jai

Posted at 10:15 PM on January 9, 2012

OMG this song is tooooo cute. I almost cried at the end when you hear Blue cry.
~BELATED CONGRATS TO JAY-Z ND BEYONCE!!!!~

NMoses

Posted at 4:06 PM on January 9, 2012

Congratulations! What a beautiful song! A miracle granted, to two amazing and talented parents! <3

Valentina

Posted at 3:39 PM on January 9, 2012

Wow, it’s surprisingly beautiful. I know Blue will love it when she’s old enough to listen. I mean, I can’t lie, the lyrics-‘you were made in Paris, mommy woke up the next morning’-uh, kind of TMI, but other than that, it’s a beautiful song. I’m quite surprised.

Carolynne Breaux

Posted at 4:02 PM on January 9, 2012

U say your quite surprised??? Have u been under a rock???We R talking about Jay z here. U expect perfection and that’s what baby Blue got from her daddy! Welcome baby Blue Ivy Carter