'Wizards Of Waverly Place' Finale: Was Selena Gomez Crowned Family Wizard?

Sat, January 7, 2012 2:30am EDT by 161 Comments
Wizards of Waverly Place Finale

After four incredible years, ‘Wizards’ came to an end tonight. Were you happy with the finale?

I went into the Wizards of Waverly Place finale with trepidation. It felt like an end of an era — Miley Cyrus, Demi Lovato and now, Selena Gomez — they were now officially done with their Disney days. That said, if Wizards had to end, I was thoroughly content with this ending.

Spoiler alert: don’t keep reading if you haven’t watched yet!

The hour finale was chalk full of moral lessons, action and funny moments. However, what I appreciated most was how we got see the Russo’s putting each other first. During the second level of their competition, the kids ended up disqualified because they took too long during their time outs. It wasn’t until they forgave each other and stopped blaming Alex for the disqualification that they got to participate again. I know it’s a Disney show, which means it’s going to have positive messages, but it was still refreshing to see a family lesson in it all.

Going into the third level of the wizard competition, I was conflicted about who would be named family wizard — Alex (Selena) or Justin (David Henrie) — but it quickly worked itself out. Justin ran through the tunnel first, thus winning the wizard title. Fortunately, he admitted Alex was actually the rightful winner, as she helped him break free from tree roots. Thus, she was crowned the family wizard.

For a hot second, I was bummed for Justin. After all, he was the one who studied the most and worked his entire life to be a wizard. Alex barely lifted a finger. Thankfully, Professor Crumbs wanted to retire after thousands of years of practice and decided to pass his position on to Justin, making him a wizard as well. Voila!

And for those of you who were concerned about Max (Jake T. Austin), he lucked out too. His parents left him the restaurant.

Over all, I was content with the Wizards ending. Sure, it wasn’t super complicated — but it fit the show perfectly. After four memorable years, it was time to say goodbye.

How did you feel about the finale? Did you like it as much as I did?

Email me! | Follow me on Twitter | Become a Facebook fan

More Selena Gomez News!

1. Justin Bieber & Selena Gomez At Washington Dulles International Airport
  2. Justin Bieber Sings For President Obama Again — Was Selena There?
  3. Justin Bieber Playfully Grabs Selena Gomez’s Butt In D.C.

Posted at 3:04 PM on September 3, 2012

dear hollywood life web site , hi my name is david conway and my comments to here is that , i just what to apolongzines to every one here about my beinging so mean at the last episode here , what i ment to say about the last episode of wizards of waverly place the series finale episode , i just can,t not enjoy by watching the series last episode , love david b conway

Posted at 3:25 PM on September 3, 2012

PAGE 2 , OF THAT COMMENT I JUST MADE RIGHT NOW IS THAT NO ONE ON THE INTERNET WEB SITE AND HERE WE DID NOT ACCCEPT THE WALT DISNEY PUNSHMENT JUST BY CANCELL THE TV SERIES JUST LIKE IT WAS A RUSH JOB , IF SELENA GOMEZ , WAS SO CONCERN JUST ABOUT HER CAREER THAN MAY BE SHE SHOULD JUST LEAVE LAST YEAR 2011 , AND SELENA GOMEZ , DID ALSO STARTED HER MOVIE CAREER TO LATE THIS YEAR 2012 , JUST BECAUSE OF THE LAST EPISODE ENDED IN JANUARY 6 , THAT,S NOT SMART ON HER PART , LOVE DAVID CONWAY

Hannah Montana

Posted at 1:23 PM on August 17, 2012

I like dick

Johanna

Posted at 9:12 PM on June 14, 2012

I want to please have you guys keep doing the show. The show should have more episodes. How bout doing episodes with Justin Alex and max enjoying there lives.

franco

Posted at 10:50 AM on June 8, 2012

me gusto el final pero quisiera que siga el programa…..estoy muy triste de que haya terminado..

Chris

Posted at 5:49 AM on May 25, 2012

I didn’t like the end bc it just shows kids that you can be lazy, not study, self centered, and rude. By making Alex a wizard it just proves what all Disney shows are about here lately. You can be a spoiled little girl and everyone will always give you what you and everything always works out for you. I think it would have been right if Justin would have been the family wizard bc he always showed the right traits that kids should have.

Posted at 2:57 PM on May 20, 2012

dear hollywood life web site , hi my name is david conway and my comments today is im so sorry for my spellimng just do,nt hate for that please , and yes i do feel bad just for the way that they ending that tv show with that was so trash episode to me as well , love david conway

Cordelia Jonas

Posted at 6:45 PM on August 18, 2012

@david conway r u paige conway’s sister. n i fnk i wld luv it wen demi,selena,and miley cm bck 2 è show n my congratulations 2 miley and liam hemsworth wedding am very much happy 4 u guys.

David Conway

Posted at 7:35 PM on September 5, 2013

i quit working just for a,long time , i just retried just from working ,

Amber

Posted at 8:17 AM on May 20, 2012

Dear David conway you are the most dumbest weirdest freak in the world give it up and get a job who posts a million stupid misspelled comments on a dumb website. What are you like 5. Seriously.

Posted at 3:02 AM on May 28, 2012

im so sorry for that frist comment and my miss spell words just do,nt hate me to much , love david conway

SDK

Posted at 4:16 AM on May 8, 2012

Damn!!! I loved this show!! :(

Posted at 5:40 AM on April 27, 2012

i wish i died , love david conway

Posted at 5:43 AM on April 27, 2012

and i wish i was dead just by david b conway

Araceli Torres

Posted at 11:16 PM on April 23, 2012

I loved it i wish that it would have another ending i wish selena gomez could work on a nother show i wish there could be more maybe another another show about them and growing up or something else

-_-

Posted at 7:12 PM on April 14, 2012

Ummm… the roots and the maze were kind of a rip-off of Harry Potter, just saying…

Posted at 7:39 PM on April 2, 2012

dear hollywood life ,hi my name is david conway and my comments to the series finale it was un,fair episode to me as well ,just of one reason i feel like alex russo just killed of max russo just because of max was a wizard frist just before alex was a wizard , just if alex did not win the wizards competition at all , max will be saved by now , love david conway

ian

Posted at 1:36 PM on March 31, 2012

I for one actually wasn’t content with this ending.. I didn’t like the fact that they gave wizard powers to both alex and justin and missed out max..
even though max was thrilled it still seemed unfair

and all you people upset that this epic show has come to an end;
don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened ^.^

Posted at 4:45 AM on May 14, 2012

I JUST WHAT TO BE HONEST HERE JUST BY LOOKING AT SELENA MARIE GOMEZ FUTURE MOTION PICTURE RIGHT NOW SHE MIGHT HAVE TO DO THE SECOND SEQUEL OF HER OLD TV SHOW MOTION PICTURE SOON OR LATER , JUST BECAUSE I JUST READ ON THE INTERNET WEB SITE UNDER THE OEACEN UP .COM WEB SITE THEY DO,NT LOVE SELENA GOMEZ THE NEW MOTION PICTURE,S OF SELENA GOMEZ THAT MUCH AND THE PEPOLE ON THAT WEB SITE OCEAN UP .COM THEY DO,NT LOVE SELENA GOMEZ , SINGING CAREER THEY WHAT SELENA TO QUIT HER MUSIC ALREADY , I WANTED TO TELL SELENA GOMEZ MY SELF BUT SHE DOESN,T READ THE INTERNET WEB SITE AT ALL SHE STOP OF HAVING THE INTERNET AT THE YEAR OF 2009, AND THE PEPOLE ON THE OEACAN UP .COM WEB SITE ARE THE TV FAN,S OFF , MILEY CRYUS TV FANS AND THEY ARE THE ONES ARE SAYING THAT SHE CAN,T NOT SING TO SAVE HER CAREER , AND THEY ARE ADDING SELENA GOMEZ ,BOY FRIEND JUSTIN BIEBER AND HIS FAN,S THAT HATES SELENA MARIE GOMEZ ,AND THEY SAYING ABOUT SELENA GOMEZ , THE NEW MOTION PICTURE,S MIGHT NOT MAKING IT , IM NOT LIYING ABOUT IT AND THEY ARE SAYING A,LOT MORE BAD COMMENTS JUST ABOUT SELENA GOMEZ PLEASE TRY TO READ THEM WALT DISNEY PRODUCTION COMPANY , LOVE DAVID B CONWAY

Posted at 4:48 AM on May 14, 2012

I MENT TO SAY OCEAN UP .COM WEB SITE ,LOVE DAVID CONWAY

Posted at 4:56 AM on May 14, 2012

AND GO TO SELENA GOMEZ NAME OF HER MOTION PICTURE TITLE AND TYPE IN OECEAN UP .COM , SPRING BREAKER AND THE GETAWAY MOVIE , AND THE MOVIE OF HOT MESS , AND THE MOVIE OF ,WHAT A BOY WHAT,S / OECAN UP .COM , LOVE DAVID CONWAY

samantha

Posted at 1:05 PM on March 31, 2012

i wish for some new wizards of waverly place episods it is my favourite programe please please please

Araceli Torres

Posted at 11:20 PM on April 23, 2012

I no right it wuz mine 2 i wish…..

Debby

Posted at 5:53 PM on March 28, 2012

I luv wizard’s of waverly place & I didnt wnt it to end, but Im glad it finally did after four long yrs. Glad Selena won d title, they were all great, Selena, Dave & Jake.

chloe thompson

Posted at 4:11 PM on March 27, 2012

I love wizards of waverly place and i think alixs is gowing to be the family wiserd

terra keith

Posted at 2:26 AM on March 25, 2012

wow, i can not believe this is the end ,will you blog about house of anubis know?

Brandon

Posted at 8:22 AM on March 25, 2012

ya,i hate it being over i loved that show

Georgia

Posted at 7:49 AM on March 4, 2012

WHY WHY WHY!!!!!!!!!!

Georgia

Posted at 7:47 AM on March 4, 2012

WHY DID IT HAVE TOOOOOO END

Alyssa spears

Posted at 12:40 AM on February 19, 2012

Whyyyyyyyy?!!!!!! Whyyyyyyyy?!!!!!!!! I DON’T WANT IT TO END!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mellissa

Posted at 2:46 AM on February 17, 2012

Have yal thought about bringing back this show. I for one would love to see some shows of their lifestyle now. How is Alex, Justin & Max doing now??? I love this show & don’t want it to end

PRANEET

Posted at 4:04 PM on February 9, 2012

yeah alex won so happy right now she was the best anyways go alex

Georgina Donoghue

Posted at 9:27 AM on February 5, 2012

hi

Posted at 5:10 PM on February 4, 2012

DEAR HOLLYWOOD LIFE ,HI MY NAME IS DAVID CONWAY AND MY ,TO HERE IS THAT I JUST HAVE TO SAY THIS OUT LOUAD NOW JUST BY THE COMMENT HERE , I JUST TO REPLACE MY OLD COMMENTS HERE ,AS WELL , I DO,NT MEAN TO BE MEAN AT THIS WEB SITE ANY MORE , BUT MY COMMENT IS TO SAY THIS BY LOOKING AT THE SERIES FINALE EPISODE IN THE WIZARDS OF WAVERLY PLACE , THAT IS SO BIG FAT EPIC FAILURE OF THE EPISODE , LOVE DAVD B CONWAY

anna

Posted at 4:07 PM on February 9, 2012

you are so mean

Posted at 6:45 PM on March 13, 2012

im so sorry for beinging so rude on this web site,i just hope every one here can just forgive me for that coment please , love david conway

Posted at 5:39 AM on March 20, 2012

DEAR HOLLYWOOD LIFE ,HI MY NAME IS DAVID CONWAY ,I JUST WHAT TO TAKE THAT COMMENT O,WAY I DO,NT MEAN TO BE THAT MEAN HERE , I KNOW THAT SELENA GOMEZ , WORK,S HARD FOR HER CAREER LATELY THESES DAY,S BUT THE QUESTION IS THAT SHE DOES THIS TO MANY TIMES TO MUCH OF PUTTING HER SELF DOWN BY TALKING ABOUT GIVE UP TOO SOON , AND SELENA GOMEZ ,REMINDS ME OFF MY MY SELF JUST AT THAT AGE , IN SELENA GOMEZ MY SELF , LOVE DAVID CONWAY

Posted at 7:36 PM on April 21, 2012

im so sorry for that comment here ,just do,nt hate me for every please , love david conway

Posted at 3:00 AM on January 29, 2012

DEAR HOLLYWOOD LIFE WEB SITE , HI MY NAME IS DAVID CONWAY I AM SO MAD AS HELL AND WE THE PEPOLE NEED,S MORE NEW EPISODES IN WIZARDS OF WAVERLY PLACE RIGHT NOW , AND THIS IS WOWP TV STUDIO WAR LOVE DAVID B CONWAY

Posted at 5:23 PM on September 14, 2012

im so sorry for about beinging so mean at selena gomez and her old tv show of wizards of waverly place tv series , i do,nt mean to be that mean every thing on the internet web site is just getting to me to much just about other pepoles comments are harsh , i just feel like i was a ringer just beatween others on line , love david conway