'Wizards Of Waverly Place' Finale: Was Selena Gomez Crowned Family Wizard?

Sat, January 7, 2012 2:30am EST by 162 Comments
Wizards of Waverly Place Finale

After four incredible years, ‘Wizards’ came to an end tonight. Were you happy with the finale?

I went into the Wizards of Waverly Place finale with trepidation. It felt like an end of an era — Miley Cyrus, Demi Lovato and now, Selena Gomez — they were now officially done with their Disney days. That said, if Wizards had to end, I was thoroughly content with this ending.

Spoiler alert: don’t keep reading if you haven’t watched yet!

The hour finale was chalk full of moral lessons, action and funny moments. However, what I appreciated most was how we got see the Russo’s putting each other first. During the second level of their competition, the kids ended up disqualified because they took too long during their time outs. It wasn’t until they forgave each other and stopped blaming Alex for the disqualification that they got to participate again. I know it’s a Disney show, which means it’s going to have positive messages, but it was still refreshing to see a family lesson in it all.

Going into the third level of the wizard competition, I was conflicted about who would be named family wizard — Alex (Selena) or Justin (David Henrie) — but it quickly worked itself out. Justin ran through the tunnel first, thus winning the wizard title. Fortunately, he admitted Alex was actually the rightful winner, as she helped him break free from tree roots. Thus, she was crowned the family wizard.

For a hot second, I was bummed for Justin. After all, he was the one who studied the most and worked his entire life to be a wizard. Alex barely lifted a finger. Thankfully, Professor Crumbs wanted to retire after thousands of years of practice and decided to pass his position on to Justin, making him a wizard as well. Voila!

And for those of you who were concerned about Max (Jake T. Austin), he lucked out too. His parents left him the restaurant.

Over all, I was content with the Wizards ending. Sure, it wasn’t super complicated — but it fit the show perfectly. After four memorable years, it was time to say goodbye.

How did you feel about the finale? Did you like it as much as I did?

Email me! | Follow me on Twitter | Become a Facebook fan

More Selena Gomez News!

1. Justin Bieber & Selena Gomez At Washington Dulles International Airport
  2. Justin Bieber Sings For President Obama Again — Was Selena There?
  3. Justin Bieber Playfully Grabs Selena Gomez’s Butt In D.C.

grade AAA miu miu bag

Posted at 1:05 AM on September 21, 2014

Easy shopping. I receive my product in great shape and very quickly.

david , conway

Posted at 3:10 AM on September 29, 2013

just if the real selena gomez , was around right now , i just wish that ,, i can slap my self a,cross my face and to hurt my self as well , love david conway

david , conway

Posted at 2:55 AM on September 29, 2013

, I JUST WISH THAT SOME ONE CAN TAKE OFF MY OLD POST COMMENT,S I MADE ON HERE TO MUCH ON HERE , I DO FEEL SO BAD RIGHT NOW ABOUT IT IM SO IM SO SORRY ABOUT THAT ON HERE AND EVERY THING I SAIID WAS STUPID JUST DO,NT HATE ME SO MUCH PLEASE , LOVE DAVID CONWAY

David Conway

Posted at 6:50 AM on September 2, 2013

im so sorry for making those,s stupid comment,s on here , i just hope every one on here can for give me , i will stay on topic on here , just with out my harsh comment,s about selena gomez , and many more stupid comment,s , love david

david b conway

Posted at 1:18 AM on March 4, 2013

i do have one good question here , i do feel like it,s only about selena gomez life and not her fan,s any more just at walt disney production company any more , love david conway

david b conway

Posted at 3:28 PM on January 5, 2013

I DO THINK THAT SELENA GOMEZ CAN BE VERY GOOD MOTHER IN THE FUTURE JUST WITH HER HUBBIE BOY FRIEND JUSTIN BIEBER , LOVE DAVID CONWAY

logan

Posted at 1:14 PM on November 24, 2012

i like yur show i dont want it to end so plz keep making them love someone

david b conway

Posted at 1:58 AM on October 10, 2012

im not here to start any problems on this web site , im just asking for if you what to save this tv show you have to save all the web site,s just under wizards of waverly place all over the internet web site,s and please sigh the on line petition just before the early next year 2013 comes up , soon i am not going to make any stupid comments tonight , i just need your help please , love david b conway

david b conway

Posted at 3:14 AM on October 3, 2012

i know how to spell may be i did it see what i wrote before ok , love david conway

brunette21

Posted at 8:18 AM on September 20, 2012

Dear david conway. Get a life and a library card, then grab a book so u can learn to spell.