'Wizards Of Waverly Place' Is Ending Tonight — Selena Gomez Must Return To TV Soon!

Fri, January 6, 2012 7:36pm EST by 54 Comments
Selena Gomez Wizards of Waverly Place

Selena Gomez charmed the socks off us over the course of the last four seasons of ‘Wizards of Waverly Place’ on Disney Channel. Hopefully she returns to the small screen soon!

It’s hard to believe it’s already been four years since Wizards of Waverly Place first began, starring a wide-eyed rambunctious 15-year-old girl named Selena Gomez. For many of us, it was the first time we’d ever laid eyes on the talented actress — and little did we know, she was about to become a mega star.

Flash forward four years to Jan. 6, 2012 and Wizards is coming to its end, with an action-packed and dramatic series finale. Although all the cast members have said ending the show was bittersweet, Selena especially seems eager to begin her new film career, starting with two films in the coming months.

I’m thrilled for Selena’s success. She’s talented, gorgeous and hard working — all ingredients that are essential for someone who has successful fashion lines, films, albums and more. However, as I’ve stressed before, I truly hope she returns to the small screen in the nearish future. Her personality is perfect for the small screen. In fact, I’d love to see her host a talk show, a sketch comedy show or a sitcom starring her exclusively. Television is where Selena truly thrives.

In fact, it seems even she is beginning to realize that, as she mentioned in a recent interview she’d love to star on a TV show a la Friends. Perfect!

As you watch tonight’s Wizards one hour finale, think about it again — where do YOU like Selena best? Sound off below!

david b conway

Posted at 11:43 PM on February 6, 2012

dear hollywood life web site , hi my name is david conway and my comments to here is that i do feel like this was rush episode job ,, was so a rip off episode as well why did they what have a full wizards powers just if this was a last episode of the tv series , they should be mortal,instead just at the end of the tv show just like max , and second question every one know,s that alex broke up with mason just in the beinging of season 4 , and why do alex what to be have a full wizards power,s just for mason just after alex broke up with mason , that doesn,t make sences to me , and why did they do that to future harber by making her to dispear & vanish just like that in the wizards competition just for no reason , and why did they made that episode about future harber in season 3 , & why bother to have that future harber just in the beinging with may i ask , love david conway

david b conway

Posted at 12:58 PM on February 4, 2012

im so sorry for my comments here , i do what more new episodes as much of any one else here i feel bad to just to see this tv show to end as well , love david b conway

lilly

Posted at 7:42 PM on January 23, 2012

i will miss your show. please continue!!!

kayla

Posted at 2:56 PM on January 16, 2012

it really does suck that the show ended selena was like really kool in the show but shes gonna be twenty i mean like shes a great actress so there are probably going to be a lot of chances for other great shows that are more mature for her. OR her career is gonna end like it does for people who screwed up on disney or nick like miley cyrus, demi lovato,janie lyn spears etc. thats probably not gonna happen to her but ya n stuff ;) <3

Dissappointed

Posted at 1:32 PM on January 14, 2012

Very bad ending. Dear Disney Channel, stop trying to make everyone happy. There should have been one full wizard, not two!

LIKEABOSS

Posted at 11:24 PM on January 8, 2012

Good Bye Childhood
All the shows that were part of my childhood are now over
Seriously this show was the only thing that made me watch Disney channel the only other show that is close to being decent is Phineas and Ferb but other than that everything else Disney has been making in the last 2 years is total garbage

Kameron

Posted at 4:08 PM on January 8, 2012

Why is Selena Gomez quiting Wizards of Waverley Place I love that show and I love her charecter.

Aleesa

Posted at 10:54 PM on January 28, 2012

She didn’t quit anything the show has come to its end .

Selena

Posted at 1:52 PM on January 7, 2012

Hi my name is selena, and selena gomez is my role model! not only because we have the same name but i am gunna miss the show i literly started crying isnt there anything we can do to convience them we want them to continue the show or something!?

kendra

Posted at 10:05 PM on January 7, 2012

will there be more episodes

kendra

Posted at 10:07 PM on January 7, 2012

maby we should

WOWP fan

Posted at 8:20 AM on January 7, 2012

and i personally liked the ending. everyone was happy. even Max who only got the sub shop while Justin and Alex got to keep their powers. what matters is that they’re happy with what they have and will stick together no matter what.

WOWP fan

Posted at 8:18 AM on January 7, 2012

there are officially no good shows left on disney channel anymore. the best show now i suppose is Good Luck Charlie, but even that will never be the same as Wizards of Waverly Place, Hannah Montana, Thats So Raven, Lizzie McGuire, Even Stevens, Phil of the Future, and many others. I hate to say goodbye to what really was, “the last good show on Disney Channel”

Selena

Posted at 1:55 PM on January 7, 2012

i know! i am so bumed! but there are going to be episodes of the past, o who am i kidding NOTHING WILL BE BETTER! :'(

---

Posted at 5:28 AM on January 7, 2012

U suck David b Conway salena Gomez rocks

david b conway

Posted at 1:27 PM on January 7, 2012

dear hollylife web site , hi my name is david conway and my comments to here and to the preson who said im suck david b conway ,i did say selena gomez was not talent i know that she rocks ok , i just on the butom part i known why disney fan,s was not watching the tv series any more just because off selena gomez , haters just from her boy friend justin bieber hater,s was her 5 year olds disney fan,s that,s why ,, love david conway

david b conway

Posted at 12:30 AM on January 22, 2012

dear hollywood life web sit hi my name is david conway, i just what to say that the preson who said david b conway sucks , here how many times do i have to say im so sorry to say just what said to selena gomez , on here every one makes rude comments about selena gomez , them self here to some times , love david conway

david b conway

Posted at 2:58 AM on January 7, 2012

dear hollywood life web site hi my name is david conway, and i just hope the pepole on this web site can also do reply to my comments here as well , and my comments to here is that i did not watch the last episode in the series finale episode at all , and just with me i think that selena gomez should left last season 3 instead , i learn a, lot about selena gomez , my self and 1 thing that bothered me just about selena gomez , just from me is the fact about that she made a trouble for walt disney production company just about 4 years now , just because she got spoting with justin bieber just at the st,lusia carribbean , and the reason why wowp tv studio ending the tv series is the fact selena gomez , is blind to see that her fan,s that hates her just by datting justin bieber and her fan,s was her 5 year old,s disney fan,s as well, that,s why wowp tv studio thought in there minds that no one was not watching the tv series any more , love david b conway

Cleo

Posted at 1:28 AM on January 7, 2012

What a disappointing show! Really boring for a finale. I wonder what Selena will look like when she finally turns into a curvy woman. Judging by her parents, she’s bound to pile on the weight, but for now she is one beautiful young lady. The show was dumb like all Disney shows, but entertaining for dimwits like me. Not sad it ended. This kills all three divas which I watched; Miley, Demi, and Selena. No more interest in watching Disney anymore.

---

Posted at 1:08 AM on January 7, 2012

Bella Thorne and Rebecca Black is taking over Disney Channel!

Asa

Posted at 1:54 AM on January 7, 2012

Rebecca Black???WHAT???Noooooo

girls annoying

Posted at 3:16 AM on January 7, 2012

i stop watching disney channel cause is not funny any more those shake it up girls are SO ANNOYING cant stand them disney jokes are all dry and who’s rebecca black?

Nick ziZA

Posted at 7:00 PM on January 8, 2012

Yah! i hate bella thorne! is wizards over?!?!? *cry*

Annie

Posted at 1:01 AM on January 7, 2012

I am really gonna miss this show and i do hope alottt that sometime in 2012 they have more episodes about how their life went on… i can not believe that wizards of waverly place finished because honestly it is the only thing that is really good to watch especially like that and i really hope that selena gomez does not end up like miley cyrus and not make anymore shows and stops singing please! selena dont end up like that i love you<33

Nick ziZA

Posted at 7:01 PM on January 8, 2012

Yah like how they did with suite life on deck(:

david b conway

Posted at 5:30 PM on January 23, 2012

dear hollywood life ,hi my name is david conway and my comment to to here is that i love to apologzines for my last 2 comments i left here you can alway,s take them off my comments any time that you love them , it,s ok , and my comment tonight is that why do,nt they make episodes around the wizards world episodes , love david conway

Brandon vieira

Posted at 12:18 AM on January 7, 2012

Even though im a boy i like this show its my favirote i think there should be more you guys are the best!!!!!!!!!!!! PS:please subscribe back and pkease make more shows

dakota

Posted at 12:15 AM on January 7, 2012

Wizards of waverly place was the best show on Disney I think they should show how they turn out in life cause now Justin is the new professer crumbs and Alex is the family’s wizards and Max is now the owner of the subway shop but I think they should show how they turn out and how they become in life

Jason

Posted at 12:10 AM on January 7, 2012

I can’t believe Max got a sub shop while Justin and Alex got their wizard powers… Like, at least turn Max into a mythical creature.

david b conway

Posted at 6:23 PM on March 24, 2012

DEAR HOLLYWOOD LIFE WEB SITE ,HI MY NAME IS DAVID CONWAY AND MY COMMENTS TO HERE IS THAT IM SO SORRY FOR MY PAST POST COMMENTS HERE I JUST WISH I CAN TAKE THEM BACK MY SELF , BUT I LOVE TO BE HONSETY HERE TODAY , JUST TO SAY THAT I DO FEEL LIKE SELENA GOMEZ IS SOME WHAT SELF,FINISH BY THING ABOUT HER CAREER AND NOT TO THING ABOUT HER FAN,S AT DISNEY , I CAN UNDER,STAND THAT SHE HAS HER OWN LIFE IM NOT STOPING HER FOR BY NOT HAVING HER LIFE , IT WAS ONLY ABOUT HER LIE,S THAT WHAT,S THE SECOND SEQUEL MOVIE PICTURE AND NOW SHE DOESN,T WHAT IT ANY MORE , WHY MAY I ASK , AND YES I DO FEEL AGREE ABOUT THE LAST SERIES FINALE EPISODE , WAS ALSO UNFAIR TO ALL THE MEMEMBER,S IN THE CAST JUST LIKE WHAT HAPPENED TO HARBER AND STEVE AND ZEEKE ,AND NOW THAT DAVID HENRIE IS NOW THE HEAD MASTER OF PROFESSER CRUMPS THE ORIGINAL GUY WHO PLAY,S THAT PROFESSER CRUMPS HEAD MASTER HE JUST DIED RECENT THIS YEAR , AND I DO THINK THAT DAVID HENRIE SHOULD PLAY HIS ROLE , AND IF THAT WAS THE LAST EPISODE , THEY SHOULD NOT HAVE ANY WIZARDS POWER,S JUST FOR THE BEINGING ,, LOVE DAVID B CONWAY

Melissa

Posted at 11:58 PM on January 6, 2012

The show ending was really sad because I felt bad that max only got a sub shop while both Justin and Alex got to keep their powers that was very unfair. Max deserved more than he got.. I really disliked the ending very much

Victoria

Posted at 11:32 PM on January 6, 2012

I really enjoy the show. I live it alot and it’s been my life never missing an episode for anything to watch it! She belongs in tv making shows because she’s amazing at it! I live you Selena Gomez! U are my role model. I love the show and how you act… Everything!

Taylor

Posted at 10:19 PM on January 6, 2012

I am gonna miss this show :…( this was the best…. Where has the time gone?

Alyse

Posted at 9:50 PM on January 6, 2012

I can’t believe Wizards of Waverly Place is really over. I’ve watched it since the very beginning. I loved how both Alex and Justin got to keep their powers! I do feel bad for Max, he definetly got left out but I’m glad he got the sub shop. The finale just wasn’t long enough for me, I kinda expected the competition to be longer and wanted them to show what happens after it. I think they should make a “reunion” episode of movie that shows what everyones futures are like now that the computing is over. I’m really going to miss this show!

aly

Posted at 2:26 PM on January 9, 2012

wellu got a great idea fot r a reunion. dats what i tuhgt ut

danny

Posted at 9:22 PM on January 6, 2012

OMG THE FINAL WASNT EVEN 1 HOUR :(
I was hoping for something more exciting,
It made me sad how the show was ending
Why couldnt they made 2 more seasons
Wizards of waverly place is the best tv show.
LOVE IT.
PS;they shuld make a wizards movie and bring back all the cast to see how there lives are working out.

sammigurl

Posted at 9:19 PM on January 6, 2012

Its so sad wizards of waverly place is ending :'(
That was the best show in disney.!!!!!
I wish they made a final movie though instead of an 1hour show.
I cant believe alex and justin won, i was hoping for something else and the competition was so short!!
Im going to miss this show, its funny. :)
Selena,David and Jake should star in other tv shows and one day hopefully make a movie together! :'(

Josh

Posted at 9:08 PM on January 6, 2012

The season finally was a bust they left Max being the only one not being a wizard. They need to show what they did with there life’s in the future.

david conway

Posted at 1:33 PM on January 7, 2012

i did not watch the series finale episode and plus with me im not going to watch it on the disney channel any time soon , love david conway

david b conway

Posted at 4:11 AM on February 17, 2012

DEAR HOLLYWOOD LIFE WEB SITE , HI MY NAME IS DAVID CONWAY , AND I HAVE A PUBLIC STAEMENT TO MAKE TONIGHT RIGHT HERE AND NOW , JUST WHEN THE EX, DISNEY STAR ,MISS SELENA GOMEZ IS DOING HER FUTURE MOTION PICTURE,S JUST WITH OUT HER MUSIC AND PLUS SHE IS A STUCK UP ACTRESS , I WILL BE DOING SOME CHARTIY WORK ON MY OWN AND I DO,NT NEED HER WITH ME, LOVE DAVID B CONWAY