Boyfriend Proposes At UCLA & Gets Rejected — She Should Have Said Yes!

Thu, January 5, 2012 12:21pm EDT by 8 Comments
UCLA Proposal Video
Loading video...

Okay so I totally get how this proposal would have been embarrassing and I might have been angry at my boyfriend for doing it so publicly too, but abandoning him on live TV was so selfish and wrong!

This woman totally broke girlfriend code. I get the whole fight or flight reaction and we all make impulsive decisions that we later regret. But this guy got down on one knee at at UCLA basketball game on Dec. 23 and really put himself out there and his girlfriend REJECTS him? What a total you know what!

“I knew that I was going to do this since the first day I met you,” he said. “I figured now was as good a time as any.”

Obviously not! This girl ran about as quickly as I do to a sale at Bloomingdales! Maybe this guy should have known better than to put her on the spot but this girl should have said yes then and no later!

Don’t you think that if she really loved him she would have said yes and then given the ring back later as to shield him from world-wide embarrassment?

— Chloe Melas

More Entertainment News:

1. Khloe & Lamar ‘Thrilled’ To Be Away From Family Drama
  2. Khloe & Lamar Get Big Welcome In Dallas
  3. David Cronenberg: Robert Pattinson Is A ‘Wonderful Actor’ With ‘Charisma’

R

Posted at 11:45 AM on January 6, 2012

He well deserved the boot for not knowing her well enough. You never propose with a 0.00001% chance of a no. You know when the moment has arrived. Looking at her reaction, this is not about the game or the huge audience. This was about him being no sense. You GO GIRL!

c

Posted at 4:35 PM on January 5, 2012

Chloe.. if she loved him she wouldn’t have said no.. you’re retarded and I would have said no too. If the boyfriend didn’t know her well enough to know that she wasn’t into it he shouldn’t have proposed

Connor

Posted at 3:33 PM on January 5, 2012

You never propose in public. Number one Rule, it gives the girl pure pressure to say no.

Shelly

Posted at 1:50 PM on January 5, 2012

I agree. I would have said yes then in private I would have told him how I really felt and return his ring or this entire thing could be a prank.

Mike

Posted at 12:34 PM on January 5, 2012

Marriage is a SERIOUS MATTER—not some stupid idiot at a Basketball game proposing–Thats seriously undermines TRUE LOVE and Marriage—-

Great Job Girl–give the idiot the boot—Leave him —He is already married to the Sport not your life….

Rebekkah

Posted at 2:20 PM on January 5, 2012

So, it’s only true love if the proposal is in a fancy restaurant or something?

What if they met at a basketball game or if they’re both huge basketball fans?

cara

Posted at 4:37 PM on January 5, 2012

…then she probably wouldn’t have said no…… and I’d hate being proposed to in a restaurant too.. its still a private moment shared with a hundred of the closest STRANGERS in the room.. horrible

Rebekkah

Posted at 6:28 PM on January 5, 2012

She could have said no because she’s not ready to get married.