'X Factor's' Chris Rene Could Sign Record Deal With Epic Records

Thu, January 5, 2012 7:46pm EDT by 23 Comments

If the rumors are true, Chris’ name will be added to the list of ‘X Factor’ stars to land a record deal! And we can’t wait!

Chris Rene may not have landed the winning $5 million contract with Epic Records on the X Factor season finale, but according to our sources, a deal with Epic is still possible.

While nothing has been confirmed yet, the Hollywood Reporter also reports that a deal between Chris and Epic is in the works. HollywoodLife.com has reached out to Epic to confirm but has yet to receive a response.

Chris placed third in the X Factor finale and was mentored by L.A. Reid. Now that winner Melanie Amaro has signed her contract with Epic Records and Rachel Crow is meeting with Disney -- we can’t wait to see where these X Factor stars end up!

What do you think, HollywoodLifers? Are you excited for Chris’ potential record deal? Weigh in below.
More ‘X Factor’ News

1. ‘X Factor’ Aftermath: What Will Happen To Chris Rene & Josh Krajcik?
  2. ‘X Factor’ Results: Was Melanie Amaro, Josh Krajcik Or Chris Rene Crowned Winner?
  3. ‘X Factor’ Highlights: What Was Your Favorite Moment From Season One?

Dana Haney

Posted at 4:02 PM on January 17, 2012

Chris Rene deserves the best. I feel like he should of been the winner of X Facoter. He is so unqiue and genuine. I love his music and he is clearly a star. He touches everyone that listens to his music. He has the perfect stage presence that eveyone looks for in a star. He story makes him even more loveable. I hope to see him so far as I know he will. He definitely has the talent.

Crissy Renee'

Posted at 9:18 AM on January 12, 2012

I can’t wait till the Chris Rene album is out!!!! I liked him as soon as I heard his name because….we share the same name….but now I love everything about him!!!

Shar p

Posted at 6:16 AM on January 12, 2012

Can’t wait for a Chris Rene album. Hope you’re right about the epic deal.

zuric

Posted at 9:03 AM on January 11, 2012

itunes numbar one x factor best sells music is chris rene
youtube more than 11 millions views wins chris rene deals with sony music chris rene.is the winer is best.

PAULA

Posted at 4:09 AM on January 10, 2012

HALLO CHRIS RENE YOU HAVE TO HAVE MUCH SUPPORT FROM PEOPLE WHO BELIEVEN IN YOU I WILL ALWAYS CONTINUE TO SUPPORT AT ALL

Sunny Elliott

Posted at 2:50 PM on January 7, 2012

Favorite moment: When Chris walked on stage, smiled and said Hi Everyone? Thought his song & presentation was great. He has something special. (first time I ever listened to a hip hop song, I’m 74 & country. But I can’t wait to buy his records, and many more.
Who One? I really liked all three, Chris 1; Malanie; but I thought something was up when I voted for Chris every week, never had a problem, and on this night could not get thru to vote (telephone) for 2 hrs. But when others voted from SP FL for Melanie no problem. Something fishy. All forgiven if they sign a contract with Chris.

drew

Posted at 2:31 AM on January 7, 2012

drew was better than all of them real; and raw talent. amaro just the same as all the other black female singers,, witney houston,, all sound the same DREW had the telent,,,,get her simon ..

Maria

Posted at 7:29 PM on January 6, 2012

I really hope that Chris Rene and Josh K will do albums. I´ll buy them. They were so great both of them. Sorry, no Melanie-album in my home. Chris should have won!! Go chris!! Go Josh!! Great guys!

Jenn

Posted at 6:45 PM on January 6, 2012

Chris Rene should have won XFactor!!!!! I cannot wait to buy his album…GO CHRIS!!!

hellokitty2142

Posted at 5:50 PM on January 6, 2012

i love Chris…. but what does josh get??

Zoe

Posted at 1:32 PM on January 6, 2012

i cannot wait to have his album!!!!

Teresa

Posted at 11:47 AM on January 6, 2012

I too was totally impressed with Chris. Being from Ohio, I felt obligated to vote for Josh (who was great too) but had to vote for Chris too just because he was fantastic. I am 48 and have never liked the type music he plays until he performed it. The messages he put out there were awesome and you could even understand his word, understand his pain, understand one can change their path, and understand life in general. Haven’t been to a concert in years but I would definitely make it to Chris’. Bring on the album Chris-we are impatiently awaiting!!!! You are Great Man!

Pnmoore41

Posted at 10:03 AM on January 6, 2012

I truly throught Chris Rene was going to win! I am a 53 year old grandmother and really love his music. My grandsons love him too. I can’t wait to buy his cd. We have not seen this kind of talent in a long time. He is his own BOSS!!!!!!!! Blessings to you Chris Rene!

SONIC

Posted at 5:11 AM on January 6, 2012

CHRIS RENE IS BEST RECORD ARTIST VERY UNIQUE VERY ORIGINAL I LOVE CHRIS STYLE.I BAY IS ALBUM.HAS TO BE THE BEST.

Lynda Mellows

Posted at 4:59 AM on January 6, 2012

Chris Rene deserves this and I couldnt be more excited for him. It is crazy that I am a woman of 52 with 2 sons in their 20s and I cannot get enough of this guy. He is infectious in too many ways to count. I find myself constantly wanting to replay his songs and performances. This world craves his lyrics of hope and love. His story and perseverance is what gives us light in this world. He is the one I will always support from xfactor, period.

Maureen

Posted at 12:37 AM on January 6, 2012

It seems that everybody loves this guy. I would say he has the “X” Factor!!! Hope all good things come his way..he is one of a kind.

crfan

Posted at 10:39 PM on January 5, 2012

I also am in my fifties and love his music and his performances! At least once a day, I replay a few of them because I miss seeing him perform and can’t wait for what he releases next!!

Char

Posted at 9:26 PM on January 5, 2012

I truly enjoyed every one of Chris’s performances on “The X Factor”….which proves his music is multi-generational since I am 59 ! I agree with the others, he is a truly gifted performer that will be a great star !

Akil

Posted at 9:12 PM on January 5, 2012

I am way TOO excited. Just watch, just watch till his album releases. He will STEAL all the THUNDER. I am gonna buy his album without any question.

oishee

Posted at 9:08 PM on January 5, 2012

Are you kidding?? I am dying to buy his album and go to his concerts over here. He is going to be a MEGASTAR. I am VERY EXCITED !!!

Scoalabro

Posted at 8:48 PM on January 5, 2012

Of all the participants, of all the televised contests combined from the last few years…. I believe none to be as deserving as Chris Rene! He fell on hard times and then turned around and chose to pick himself back up, took out a new lease on life…something that is not nearly as easily done as many probably think it to be. That’s not even the most amazing part of it, it’s why he did it that makes it awesome and inspiring, and I’m sure his son will forever see it as being just that!

Shannon

Posted at 8:28 PM on January 5, 2012

I am very excited love love his songs, He very well deserves it!!!! And I will buy his first CD!

Maureen

Posted at 7:57 PM on January 5, 2012

So excited! He is going to be a HUGE star!