'The Vampire Diaries' Winter Premiere: 5 Reasons To Get Excited

Wed, January 4, 2012 2:38pm EDT by 25 Comments
Courtesy of The CW

‘The Vampire Diaries’ returns Jan. 5 and I’ve got a taste of what you can expect to see in Mystic Falls…

There’s an obnoxiously large red circle over this Thursday on my calendar, which can only mean one thing — The Vampire Diaries is finally back! HollywoodLife.com got to watch the winter premiere in advance, and while the entire hour is literally dripping with goodness, I managed to select the five things I think you’ll all be most excited to see.

1. A whole new Stefan: We were promised a more bad-ass Stefan (Paul Wesley) in the second half of season three, even though he’s no longer under Klaus’ compulsion. And trust me, we get exactly what we hoped for. I barely even recognize him anymore, which is good, because Stefan’s soft center — he’s like a vampire Peep — was one of the main reasons I’ve been Team Damon all this time. Maybe that’s about to change…

2. Damon & Elena scenes: Everything “Delena” shippers have enjoyed about Damon (Ian Somerhalder) and Elena’s (Nina Dobrev) developing relationship this season remains constant on the winter premiere. There’s touching, there’s flirty talk, there’s… OK, I need to stop. I’m getting a little hot and bothered up in hurr.

3. Stefan vs. Damon: I’ve been trying to come up with all sorts of adorable ways of describing this confrontation — “bro-down” was my favorite — but simply put, Stefan and Damon go at it like never before. There’s yelling, there’s punching, and maybe even a little stabbing. But it’s what eventually comes out during the fight that will really please fans of both brothers.

4. Someone says goodbye: A death, a break-up, or just a much needed vacation? I won’t say why a certain character bids farewell to Mystic Falls this week, but I will say that it reduces someone to tears — and not just the viewers.

5. Torrey DeVitto: Paul Wesley’s wife finally makes her highly anticipated debut in Mystic Falls this week as Dr. Fell, and honestly, it’s really great to see her in a role that doesn’t require to be a pregnant bitch or a psychotic nanny who chases wee children through cornfields. Quite the change of pace.

— Andy Swift

Follow Andy on Twitter for more Vampire Diaries scoop

More Vampire Diaries News:

1. 17 New Pics: Damon & Elena Get Even Closer
  2. Ian Somerhalder Suits Up For New Russian Music Video
  3. Sexiest Vampires Of 2011: Rob, Nina & More

vanisha

Posted at 10:34 AM on January 11, 2012

DELENA FOREVER <3, espicallly since stefan is now a big jerk face lol go damon and elana i loved the kiss they are soo cute and she needs to admit she has feelings for him cant wait till tomorow night hope theresmore chemistry between Delena :)

DELENA FOREVER.

Posted at 8:16 AM on January 11, 2012

DELENA DELENA DELENA DELENA DELENA DELENA DELENA DELENA DELENA DELENA DELENA DELENA DELENA DELENA DELENA DELENA DELENA DELENA DELENA DELENA DELENA DELENA DELENA. <3 HELL YEAH.

DELENA FOREVER.

Posted at 8:14 AM on January 11, 2012

The show should end with Delena not just because Damon’s extremely hot but because they have intimacy. What is obsession? :”> AHHAAHAHHA. LEGGO DELENA. asjcklasjnbcjsdchlksajdlkyeahhh. Lastly, I WOULD LIKE TO INFORM THE WORLD…IAN’S SO HOT. =P~~~

stephanie

Posted at 2:44 AM on January 8, 2012

U broke my heart when u say damon is wif elena in the end T-T

Bella

Posted at 12:19 PM on January 5, 2012

I’m looking forward to Delena

Lisa

Posted at 10:19 AM on January 5, 2012

OMG!! U know what? I just came across my best friend and her new boyfriend meeting on a nice dating place–casualloving dot c’0m–. Oh, so gorgeous. I must have a try, too. This place is the first and best club for charming lady and handsome man to find intimate encounters or begin NSA relationship, safe and private! It’s for me who wanna begin a relation without too many limits and bounds. Why waiting? Let your soul fly free and find your Mr. or Miss. Right here. Best wishes!

Laura

Posted at 7:30 AM on January 5, 2012

YYYEEESSSS I LOVE TVD!!!

Diana

Posted at 6:42 AM on January 5, 2012

Yeah! The Vampire diaries is the best serial in the world. Really! I’m look forward to new episodes!

Joy

Posted at 8:17 PM on January 4, 2012

Oh my… I’m really getting bothered with all the teasers I’ve read about someone “leaving” Mystic Falls!:|

Alexis

Posted at 7:23 PM on January 4, 2012

I have always been Team Stefan since the beginning of the seriess, i will continue to support him. Damons hot but hes got nothing on stefan!

Annie

Posted at 6:12 AM on January 5, 2012

I dont see the big fuss over damon.he just a child in a over grown vampire body because Stefan behave more grown up them him.

DelenaFTW

Posted at 6:36 PM on January 4, 2012

Ahhhhhh I’m hoping that besides the flirting and touching sometime this seasondamon and elena will become a couple already!

aaron

Posted at 6:22 PM on January 4, 2012

IJustine FTW

Shana

Posted at 5:13 PM on January 4, 2012

Not fair. I live in England …have to wait ages! :-(

Sarah

Posted at 1:50 AM on January 5, 2012

I could be wrong but you shouldn’t have to wait!!!! if you can go to this site….www.ch131.com they air the shows the day they come out over here in the U.S sometimes the next day if there lagging!!!

magda tenšek

Posted at 11:28 AM on January 5, 2012

you can also go to megashare.ifno tipe in the vampire diaries and watch the new ep tomorrow

Kelly-Ann

Posted at 3:49 PM on January 4, 2012

Thank you for this information! I greatly appreciate it. I’m looking forward to Delena and their touchy-touchy, flirty behavior.

Brenda

Posted at 3:11 PM on January 4, 2012

“was one of the main reasons I’ve been Team Damon all this time. Maybe that’s about to change…”

You better be fucking kidding me. It’s bad enough that they’re turning Stefan in season 1 Damon, but people falling for it is even worse.

Amy

Posted at 2:54 PM on January 4, 2012

I only care about Klefan! =p

Andy Swift

Posted at 3:06 PM on January 4, 2012

Jyler is the new Klefan

Ashley

Posted at 2:51 PM on January 4, 2012

You suck for having already seen it. And I say that with love.

Andy Swift

Posted at 3:06 PM on January 4, 2012

Anon

Posted at 2:48 PM on January 4, 2012

Thanks for the awesome sneak peeks into the episode tomorrow! I have been waiting soooo impatiently for tomorrow night to arrive for two reasons: The Vampire Diaries and The Secret Circle. I can’t wait!!

I hope you do something like this for TSC too, since I know you also got an advance look at the show as well.

Andy Swift

Posted at 2:51 PM on January 4, 2012

Of course :) My Secret Circle preview will be up shortly.

Kate