'90210' Scoop: Arielle Kebbel Reveals How Vanessa Will Keep Liam & Annie Apart

Wed, January 4, 2012 4:28pm EDT by 26 Comments
Courtesy of The CW

‘90210’ returns Jan. 17 — and it’s bringing along a brand-new love triangle.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, “Lannie” fans, but Vanessa’s (Arielle Kebbel) little car accident on the winter finale of 90210 was only the beginning of some serious problems for Liam (Matt Lanter) and Annie (Shenae Grimes). “My arrival stirs up more than just Liam’s emotions,” Arielle tells HollywoodLife.com exclusively. “He has to figure out what he wants for his future in all aspects of his life.”

But what could possibly keep Liam and Annie apart, especially after she came clean to him about that whole “escort” nonsense? Well, according to Arielle, our boy Liam might have a few things in common with his new hit-and-run buddy.

“As the season continues, Liam and Vanessa get closer and learn they have similar troubled pasts,” Arielle teases. “I think that brings them closer together. Instead of judging each other’s pasts, they see the good in one another and encourage change for the future.”

The audience doesn’t know much about Vanessa so far — besides that she’s a terrible driver — and, honestly, Arielle was enjoying keeping that secret.

“The fun thing about Vanessa is that there are good intentions behind her schemes,” Arielle says. “Enjoy the ride 90210 fans — you never know what she’s up to next!”

Arielle also agrees with my assumption that Vanessa could very much be described as a “female Liam.”

So how long should we expect Vanessa to stick around in Beverly Hills? All Arielle can say is that she’s “not going anywhere for a while.”

Gulp.

— Andy Swift

Follow Andy on Twitter for more 90210 scoop

More 90210 News:

1. Recap: Annie & Liam’s Reunion Takes A Tragic Hit
  2. Video: Navid & Kat Get Their Flirt On
  3. First-Look: Is Adrianna Finally Reunited With Her Baby?

shyshah2199

Posted at 3:18 PM on April 7, 2012

i think that lannie is going to be back together because the couple in every tv show has its ups and downs and at the end they are together again.

90210 fan

Posted at 2:34 AM on February 2, 2012

I don’t like the direction the season is going in. I don’t like liams new relationship him and annie should have got back together they ended too fast. The producers make the characters fall in love too fast. Liams new girlfriend should be off the show.

Maja

Posted at 9:02 AM on January 14, 2012

I feel so sorry for Annie:( She always lose her boyfriends :(
She lost Ethan, she lost Ty, now she is going to lose Liam!!
I cant stand to see Liam with another girl!
I wont watch 92010 again if they dont get back together!!

Leez

Posted at 8:30 AM on January 7, 2012

Lame obstacles..

unstable90

Posted at 7:46 AM on January 7, 2012

I would love for her to become a series regular! She can play a type of Valerie(Tiffani Thiessen, from the original!). She has that sneaky look in her eyes! And this show needs a bitch who won’t play nice and spread a little hate around the town!

Andy Swift

Posted at 6:41 PM on January 7, 2012

10,000 points for referencing Valerie.

zrDx

Posted at 5:35 AM on January 6, 2012

Seems like almost all characters fall in love a bit too quick this season. Can’t they be single for one season rather than falling in love with all random new people? Be single doesn’t mean they can’t have interesting stoylines rite?

starlight

Posted at 4:01 PM on January 5, 2012

I beg you,please, leave Lannie alone!!!!!!!! No more Jane,Vanessa,Patrick,Lincon,Peter,Sam,Stacey,Macey,Pacey,Daisy…..
This is just another excuse for Lannie not to have scenes another 8 episodes :€

ilva

Posted at 1:08 PM on January 5, 2012

I’m done with this show…it’s just, I can’t watch what they are doing to Lannie ;(((

Andy Swift

Posted at 1:49 PM on January 5, 2012

Don’t talk such nonsense. Lannie needs its obstacles, just like every other couple. They’ll find their way back to each other.

amy

Posted at 3:50 PM on January 5, 2012

I also think writers are too busy recycling storylines. Drama is great and Lannie do need obstacles , but not like these. Come on , this is the fourth person standing between them this season and we are only on episode 13, should we expect another 4 in next half?!
Obstacles can be different, but with Lannie it’s always the same. Liam wents trying to figure out what he wants and ends up with some random chick in bed ,than returns to Annie. It’s old news, not interesting. And Annie is the one who looks like a mess in this situations, guy treats her like a trash but then says “I love you” or “I’m sorry” and she’s already ready to forgive. It’s not what relationships should be based on. Liam became lying,cheating, dumb ass…le, he’s not good enough for Annie at this point. I think this time writers will have to work harder to redeem him (I don’t even think they realize that), because MANY fans can’t stand him this season, it’s just not Liam people used to love.

Another reason what I don’t like is it looks like each couple gets their peace of happyness, but it’s never Lannie. They always suffer through some misunderstanding and triangles. We never got couply scenes while they dated and barely get any now, it’s frustraiting. Even to compare other shows and the way they treat their couples, 90210 just don’t stand a chance when it comes to their OTP.

As for storylines. Triangles are reaaly getting old. Lannie is “old” couple, they went through this eventually. Writers shouldn’t repeat it but give them new material, new problems.

Even though I’m about to give up on this show, my patient is seriously lacking lately, but I’m hoping Liam will eventually put another LUCKY ring on Annie’s finger at the finale :)

carol

Posted at 12:52 PM on January 5, 2012

storylines like this make me wish 90210 to be canceled. Ruining only good part of show is NOT GOOD!

there are so many possibilitie to be done with Lannie, considering the level of their feelings. Instead of developing , writers are burrying them.screw this show!!!

Tear Lannie apart, show 3/4 of the episode Naomi and convince yourself this is what audience needs.

samantha

Posted at 3:21 AM on January 5, 2012

When writers will for GOD’S and EVERYONE’S sake leave Lannie alone ?
I’m all for interesting drama, but THIS stinks. Liam does’t have memory loss, Vanessa is with good intentions …. ugh, so what ?

Stef

Posted at 2:44 AM on January 5, 2012

I swear I despise Liam this season, he’s becoming such a jerk. First this nonesense with Jane, now Vanessa. Annie deserves better treatment after all she’s been through. No way I’m looking forward for this show anymore, with treating only reason I watch show like a garbage I don’t have any interest left.
In order to keep their fanbase writers have to at least give us something (that lasts more than 1 romantic scene). The show doesn’t make sense anymore. 90210, you just lost one pretty loyal fan.

Andy Swift

Posted at 1:52 PM on January 5, 2012

I’m still pretending Jane never happened.

leila

Posted at 2:38 AM on January 5, 2012

“The fun thing about Vanessa is that there are good intentions behind her schemes,”

so how does it differ from Charlie or even hypocrite Jane ? Another goodie for Lannie. FOR WHAT?
If she isn’t going to stalk Annie out of jealousy, just get lost!

Andy Swift

Posted at 1:58 PM on January 5, 2012

I think Annie’s had enough stalkers in her life. ;)

why

Posted at 2:33 AM on January 5, 2012

why do development of Liam and Vanessa relationships starts exactly the way it was with Lannie ? DON”T DARE TO DO IT WRITERS, DON”T TAKE THAT FROM LANNIE AND PROP RIVAL . This is such a split it lannie fans face. How long will they do it to us?

Christina

Posted at 10:25 PM on January 4, 2012

#WTF Liam doesnt need a bad girl..He doesnt need to go down there..Liam needs a good girl..He needs Annie.WEWANTLANNIE

sushylime

Posted at 8:22 PM on January 4, 2012

i want Liam/Annie (and Naomi/Max) to get back together, NOW!

Andy Swift

Posted at 1:55 PM on January 5, 2012

Naomi/Max? Really? I didn’t know they had any supporters left. lol

zrDx

Posted at 5:31 AM on January 6, 2012

they’re adorkable, really..

wtf

Posted at 7:21 PM on January 4, 2012

come on, the “what I want from life” bullsh*t again ? my nervous system can’t take this over and over again with OTP

mkhay

Posted at 7:13 PM on January 4, 2012

F my life.
As much as i love Arielle, why does she have to screw with the top couple on 90210.
GO AWAY & Let Lannie be.

Alyse

Posted at 5:15 PM on January 4, 2012

I want Liam and Annie together. No distractions or breakups, just some time for them to be a couple. Guess that’s not goig to be happening anytime soon again.

carol

Posted at 12:54 PM on January 5, 2012

anytime soon? I doubt it will EVER happen with these writers, they don’t allow them to stay together even for a day!