Selena Gomez Reveals: I'd Love To Be On A TV Show Like 'Friends'

Tue, January 3, 2012 9:51pm EDT by 8 Comments
Selena Gomez

Do you want to see Selena Gomez back on the small screen?

Even though she wants to continue with her music career and ultimately act in A-list films with legendary directors and actors, Selena Gomez hasn’t written off television altogether. In fact, the 19-year-old former Disney starlet recently admitted she sees herself on a prime time show in the future.

“Working on Wizards made me realize what an impact a weekly show can have on building support for you as an artist,” Selena told Toronto.com. “I’d love to be part of another ensemble series, something contemporary and kooky and funny and a bit romantic. Like Friends was back when it started.”

That said, her future looks ripe — and well versed. Selena is ready to conquer more than one medium.

“I’d like to grow with my music,” she explained. “It’s really a passion of mine. I want to have fun with it and make my fans happy with what I sing. I love it and want it to be a part of my life forever.”

She added, “Of course, I want to make feature films, ideally dramatic ones and I know you have to be careful about how you do it.”

When it comes to TV, film and music, where do YOU like to see Selena most? Sound off below!

Loading video...

More Selena:

1. Kim Kardashian, Selena Gomez & More: The Most Exotic Beauties Of 2011
  2. We’re Lucky To Have Justin Bieber, Miley Cyrus, Taylor Swift & Selena Gomez As Celeb Role Models
  3. Selena Gomez’s Dog Baylor: Cutest Pic Yet

david b conway

Posted at 4:56 PM on February 29, 2012

dear hollywood life ,hi my name is david conway and my comments to here and just to selena gomez , i wasn,t try to be mean at her on line , i just can,t help her just when she has to much of hate down her pant,s to , and second question is that i watend to say this to selena gomez , my self , just because she is not part off , walt disney production company any more the question is that , she should try to think about , she can do all this stuff by her self , just with out walt disney production company , that,s why i what her july moon production company , just to work like walt disney production company, and the stuff that i what her to do is fanshion ware and to the tv studio and motion picture,s and the tv movie,s on drect to video and dvd,s as well and right now is this my last thing, it,s called dream girls fanshion doll,s , love david b conway

Adriana

Posted at 6:22 PM on January 6, 2012

I think this is a great idea something like friends but better! I say just go for it and it would be cool if you could have some of the cast from wizards of waverly place in it, awesomeee ! Lol. It would be u guys but just grown up livng on your own : )
Id say something they would play on mtv lol

adriana

Posted at 6:25 PM on January 6, 2012

Oh and your welcome for the IDEA ! : )

yeah buddy!:D

Posted at 11:41 AM on January 4, 2012

*so

yeah buddy!:D

Posted at 11:37 AM on January 4, 2012

i think that she should go back to the tv show she quite. I liked it. If not then i think she needs to have another tv show that ppl well get to watch. And with movies she should be in them also. But not just funny or romance i think she should be put in scary sad action adventure. And if she did get to make a tv show again i think justin bieber should be in it too she he is not just doing singing.

Becky

Posted at 7:23 AM on January 4, 2012

Aren’t films the same as movies!? Anyway I like her in all ;)

trent

Posted at 11:07 PM on January 3, 2012

there are a lot of negative people if she wants to do a new tv show she should. and @lol she’s already planing to do film she’s going to work in a movie called spring breakers with that pot head of james franco. no one should tell others your not good enough for this or for that.

lol

Posted at 10:05 PM on January 3, 2012

as IF she will ever make it in the world of feature films. niece, you need to stick to what you’re good at: basic comedy tv.