Kim Kardashian: It Was Obvious You Had Checked Out Of Your Marriage On 'KKTNY' This Week!

Tue, January 3, 2012 12:54pm EDT by 37 Comments

So Kim  Kardashian– what went wrong that we didn’t see on screen? By this week’s episode on Jan. 1, it was totally clear that you were seriously out of love with Kris Humphries!

But poor Kris – he doesn’t have a clue. As the episode proceeded, Kris seemed more in love with you than ever and was oblivious to the fact that he was turning you off !

Yet, he’s trying so hard to be a part of your life. He gets dragged along to go potpourri shopping with you, Kim and your best friend Jonathan Cheban and he doesn’t complain about it at all though he’s clearly bored out of his mind. He joins in a family prank on Kourtney Kardashian, with you  and Scott Disick, and hides Kourtney’s “coupon” book in a spot that’s so high up on their hotel suite balcony that only he can reach it.

But the sweetest most obviously committed moment for Kris is when you Kim ask your husband directly: “do you like being married?” and he earnestly responds — “to you, I’m loving it.”

But he doesn’t ask you how you feel — at least not on camera — and maybe that’s because he either just assumes that of course, after two months or so, his wife is into their marriage, OR he subconsciously senses that he wouldn’t like your answer.

I don’t think Kris could comprehend that you might seriously NOT be into him even though you, Kim, take repeated digs at him throughout the episode.

You reveal that it bothers you that Kris won’t drop the subject of whether or not your BFF Jonathan Cheban is gay.

Kim , you say: “I wish we could trade husbands like coupons.” Not exactly the words you’d expect from what should be an enamored newlywed.

When Kris goes with you, Kim — at your request – to spy on Kourtney and a new female “coupon-obsessed” acquaintance that she’s meeting in their hotel lobby, he jokes around: “shall we make fun of these two?”

Your strange response to him: “Stop. That’s annoying. You have to be the most annoying person on the planet,” you tell him.

It’s a very revealing moment Kim because I really think you meant it. You were finding your new husband to be gratingly annoying. But it’s not because of anything that any of us viewers can see.

Nor is it something that Kris can see. Maybe he’s thick as a brick, or as unsuspecting as most new husbands would be, but he just replies to your “annoying” comment with a joking: “you’re stuck.”

Kim, then you were annoyed at Kris AGAIN, when you went for dinner at Jonathan Cheban’s place, in order to meet his new date.

Now Kris does cross a line, asking Jonathan’s date, if she thought Jonathan was gay when she met him. But come on Kim, as viewers, we know that this whole episode focusing on whether Jonathan is gay or not and Kris’ curiosity about it, has been set up as a theme for the show and Kris is going along with it.

Yet Kim you’re pretty harsh to Kris. “Kris just says anything that comes to his mind — why bring up (the gay question) in front of Jonathan’s date,” you say. “It’s making everything uncomfortable  and awkward.”

Kim, you have no warmth or humor about anything that Kris is doing.

Nor are your loyalties to Kris at all, when he clashes with your good friend Jonathan. It’s as if Jonathan occupies just as important a role in your life as your husband. And while it’s great that you love your BF Jonathan, it’s very strange that Kris doesn’t seem more special to you at all.

You are even annoyed with Kris once more, for no apparent reason, when he helps prank Kourtney. A prank that you, Kim, initiated.

The question is: what happened between KKTNY’s first episode in which you, Kim, talked about going off the pill and having a baby with Kris immediately.

By this episode five, your husband has become “annoying,” you barely show him any affection, nor for that matter, make him in any way the center of your universe.

My guess Kim is that you simply don’t like marriage. Don’t like being tied down to one person. Don’t like having to worry about someone else’s needs. Don’t like the commitment.

Once you got over the “fairytale wedding.” and you discovered that real life wasn’t as hopelessly romantic as you might have dreamed, you simply turned off to your husband.

I’m not sure that there was anything Kris could have done that you wouldn’t have found,” annoying”.

Anyway, that’s just my guess. But it’s clear that Kris is no villian, but he’s a cute, goofy, regular guy and you’re just not into him.

— Bonnie Fuller

More Kim:

1. Where Lady Gaga, Fergie, Kim Kardashian & More Celebrities Will Ring In 2012
  2. Kim Kardashian, Selena Gomez & More: The Most Exotic Beauties Of 2011
  3. Kris Humphries: Still Heartbroken After Kim Kardashian Split

Email me! | Follow Hollywoodlife.com on Twitter | Become a Facebook fan

SUSA

Posted at 5:26 PM on January 6, 2012

I thought Jonathan was guy also….lol

Hania

Posted at 1:14 PM on January 5, 2012

As much as I am ready for Kim to go away in 2012, the curious side of me wishes that she would reveal why she really married Kris Humphries. The more I watch her interaction with Kris on the show, it is apparent that she was never in love with him — infatuated, yes, but truly, madly, committed love? Absolutely not. Kris, with his numerous flaws, loved Kim and I think he was honest when he said he believed in the convenant of marriage. Even with all the editing, Kris is still coming across genuine and Kim, well, she looks like a rich, entitled brat. In life when things don’t go as we planned, we often reflect and try to find the point in time that changed the outcome. I think for Kris his epiphany is when he found out Kim was married before. With all of his values regarding marriage this should have been his red flag to make him realize that Kim does not share his same belief. It’s just sad but I am glad that Kim softened for her cold, morally corrupt heart and let Kris free so that he can move on from this mess. I also hope that she grants him the annulment-she would redeem herself a bit, not much but better than where she is now.

sue

Posted at 12:23 AM on January 5, 2012

Bonnie I agree with you completely. Kim only married Kris for the money.

Wake up people, its so obvious. Kim even flaunts the fact that she is annoyed by Kris. The show clearly shows she enjoys humiliating him.

The Kardashian Klan need to go away already. People stop supporting these fake money hungry Kardashians.

Extra Extra

Posted at 6:28 PM on January 4, 2012

The Marriage was a fraud because Kim Kardashian only married Kris Humphries so she could have her fairy tale wedding! The Whole family was in on it. Kris Humphries thought he was marrying for love, but she always had a plan. She never was going to uphold her marriage responsibilities as a wife. This episode demonstrates that. She always put her family and friends before her husband, do you know why??? Because she was never going to be a real wife to him. The difference between other celebrity weddings and Kim’s fairy tale wedding is that Kim did it for money, lots of money, she did it for more exposure…. She is a hoe, a trashy hoe, and so is her mother and her sisters. It is evident in the episodes that she didn’t love Kris because she didn’t…The marriage was for her show….wake up people!!! Stop being so manipulated by these blogs that are written by people that are paid by the Kardashians.

Jenny Mack

Posted at 2:33 PM on January 4, 2012

I am sorry, I don’t think we watched the same episode, Kris H, is a real jerk, he totally crossed the line through out the whole episode, I totally get why she dumped him, to ask someone if they are gay is totally rude and to ask that in front of his date is so disrespectful, I feel sorry for Kim, she needs to learn to love herself before she can find true love.

Debra Wehry

Posted at 1:35 PM on January 4, 2012

I don’t agree with the story above about Kris being a good guy. Even my husband says Kris H. is a jurk. Even before the wedding Kris H. was comparing Kim to Khloe. He was rude to the Kardashians. And, he thew Kim around like a ragdoll and that hurts. So what if Khloe backed off from her work to be with Lamar. Kim is not Khloe. They have two different lives. Yes, they are sisters but not the same. My sisters are so different from me that you would not be able to see that they are my sisters. Good Luck Kim! We are behind you all the way.
Oh, by the way, if you watch Kris H. he is always looking at the carmers to see if he is on screen. Way to come up off of Kim!!

Janie

Posted at 8:35 PM on January 4, 2012

The episode was cut to show Kris as bad as they could. Hes not a homophobe, just following his script is my guess. Kim is so quick to throw a punch, I wish someone would throw one back. She initiates rough housing until a nail gets chipped or an earring falls out. Then she cries like a spoiled child. After watching a few episodes of the kardashian shows, I am shocked she has actual fans. Really shocked. This is the persona she puts out on purpose and people like her, really? She really should just be a joke to make fun of. She acts like a whitetrash lotto winner, I cant believe she grew up rich. Kris H is very young and got sucked into this situation, she is a 30 something spoiled baby. The way she portrays herself on tv, I cant imagine what she is like in real life. I wish she would throw a punch my way one day. Im still wondering why she scooped her own show by filing for divorce so quick. I hope it was for a better reason than to trick fools like me into watching these dumb shows.

MollyB

Posted at 7:47 PM on January 6, 2012

Janie, I’m with you on that 100%. Watching their show is quite intriguing for me… it astounds me that the Kardashian girls can behave the way they do and have a huge fan base! I wonder if they actually support any charities – people in need, a lot less fortunate than themselves, financially, or if they’re so obsessed with the big bucks all for them alone…

susan

Posted at 2:39 AM on January 4, 2012

I don’t really think Kris deserves to be with someone like Kim. The more I look into the show, the more Kim is annoying to me. Through out the shows, you can find Kris actually have strong family value and he is more realistic compare to Kim. Kim is now living in this luxury world with materialism. I also really want to bring up the episode when Khole visited Kim and Kourtney in NYC, dude, not cool for Kim to bash Khole like that!!

Kim, you need to step back!

Jac

Posted at 2:05 AM on January 4, 2012

I think Kris let his real self out of the bag – which is an annoying, immature, testing child. As you can see Kim is clearly annoyed and his only response it “your stuck with me” – that’s an immature person not taking another adult seriously. Between his “get together” and constant act of being ‘the man’. He could have played his cards differently. AND Kim’s issue is not taing the time to find out exactly who she was marrying. It takes more than one year for someone to let their gaurd completely down and really find out who they are. Being desperate for a family of your own is sad, but not sad enough to settle for someone you THINK you know. But that’s just my analogy.

LB

Posted at 6:02 PM on January 4, 2012

Agree!

claire

Posted at 1:52 AM on January 4, 2012

Kris is adorable Kim is a selfish annoying carbon copy of her Mother.I wish they would just go away already!! The article couldnt of been written any better.

GO away Kardashians
I’d like to be keeping up the Humphries!

Donna Brown

Posted at 12:07 AM on January 4, 2012

I thnk Kim is a self absorbed shallow materialistic cold-hearted witch. I also think her n Kourtney learned how to treat their mean from their greedy trifling mom. Poor Bruce is all I can say. I think Kloe is standing by her real man n I think Kris H is so much better off without that frigid B and that controlling mom of hers. Just saying

MollyB

Posted at 11:39 PM on January 3, 2012

I believe that Kim is so shelf absorbed that she really doesn’t have enough room in her life for herself and her fabulous husband (at least a man should be, in her view, more like an accessory rather than an actual person who can speak!), and all of her over indulgent stuff. Heaven forbid she even considered throwing a new baby child into the mad mix – that would be disastrous.

Nope, the way I see it, the three K sisters are far too obsessed with their own needs, each other that they can’t see how badly they alienate the men in their lives – everything’s  always all about them – and nobody else gets a look in.

Their mother Kris Jenner did well to keep them close growing up, but it’s proving difficult for them to include partners into their lives, as they’ve become adult women.

Khloe is fortunate that Lamar is so incredibly submissive allowing Khloe pretty much full reign, but there are not many men like Lamar, who really have no family for the girls to exclude…and make life always all about them. Let’s face it Khloe refuses to give Kris H a chance. It’s difficult as a viewer not to see that Khloe is clearly very jealous of Kim. Kim is more successful on every level, and then to top things off, Kim even snagged the perfect guy. Khloe must be seething with envy inside.

When Kris H announced he and Kim were getting married, Khloe said (rudely in my opinion), ‘is this a joke?!’ And when Kris replied (in a jovial manner thinking Khloe was just kidding) ‘yes it’s a joke.’ Khloe gave him a look that could kill. Khloe is a nasty piece of work when it comes to Kim. Kim has always been the family’s golden child and Khloe has always despises her [Kim] for it.

As for Kourtney and Kim take New York… for any newly wed couple to share an appointment with a dysfunctional couple like Koutrney and Scott… locating the baby’s play area right outside the newly wed’s bedroom…and a naked yoga season with a male instructor, right? There’s no way most new hubbies would be accepting of that. Leads one to question…are these Kardashians delusional and have they lost complete touch of the real world…what really matters…?

Sad to see that the family is so manipulative that they manage to go about things in such a dramatic way, losing their way, and ruining a beautiful union between two people. How they all manage to twist things around to make Kris H look bad in their eyes, is beyond me.

I’d say Kim will remain a single woman for a very long time – who in their right mind would want anything to do with her and the Kardashian family… Well, they just wouldn’t be in their right mind now, would they?

Poor Kris indeed.

Carmel

Posted at 6:20 PM on January 4, 2012

MollyB, I agree with everything you said 100%. You’re so spot on. Nice to know that there are still some sensible and real people making comments here. Some of the comments being posted here in defense of the Kardashians are so unreal and annoying. I am not a hater of Kim, but it’s just so sad to watch a young girl like her continue to destroy her life just because of fame. She has had several failed relationships and she’s always attributed the failure to the other person and not her. It’s really sad. Like you said, the Kardashians love Lamar because Lamar has no family of his own – except his father who he’s not even on a speaking term with. I believe Kris H got a bit carried away on the show and this is because Kim encouraged him to be like that from the start of their relationship. Kim admitted on the show that he fell in love with Kris because of his personality and now all we hear from her is Kris is so annoying. Kris H has always being this way and Kim put up with his behaviour before the wedding. I really can’t see what has changed to warrant her filing for a divource within 72 days. She does not deserve someone as good as Kris H. Despite all of Kim’s previous bad records with men Kris still trusted her enought to marry her and even Khloe warned Kris H against this that Kim has been on this level with every guy she’s dated. In Kim’s wedding statement she even thanked Krist for his trust and she abused that trust. Here is a guy that accepted her despite her past bad record and she abused that trust. I really don’t see how any guy can trust Kim again. My conclusion is this, Kim your family don’t love, they don’t want you to be happy and they’re only using you to make money. If you had a good mum you would still be happily married to Kris. A good Mum would have been able to let you know that life is not about fairy tale and marrige takes work and committment – there’s no perfect marriage. Marriage is an investment, you get out of it what you invested into it. The investment takes atleast 5 year before it start yielding dividend (my believe). The first 5 years of a marriage is used for discovery.

Carmel

Posted at 6:29 PM on January 4, 2012

MollyB, I agree with everything you said 100%. You’re so spot on. Nice to know that there are still some sensible and real people making comments here. Some of the comments being posted here in defense of the Kardashians are so unreal and annoying. I am not a hater of Kim, but it’s just so sad to watch a young girl like her continue to destroy her life just because of fame. She has had several failed relationships and she’s always attributed the failure to the other person and not her. It’s really sad. Like you said, the Kardashians love Lamar because Lamar has no family of his own – except his father who he’s not even on a speaking term with. I believe Kris H got a bit carried away on the show and this is because Kim encouraged him to be like that from the start of their relationship. Kim admitted on the show that he fell in love with Kris because of his personality and now all we hear from her is Kris is so annoying. Kris H has always being this way and Kim put up with his behavior before the wedding. I really can’t see what has changed to warrant her filing for a divorce within 72 days. She does not deserve someone as good as Kris H. Despite all of Kim’s previous bad records with men Kris still trusted her enough to marry her and even Khloe warned Kris H against this that Kim has been on this level with every guy she’s dated. In Kim’s wedding statement she even thanked Kris for his trust and she abused that trust. Here is a guy that accepted her despite her past bad record and she abused that trust. I really don’t see how any guy can trust Kim again. My conclusion is this; Kim your family doesn’t love u, they don’t want you to be happy and they’re only using you to make money. If you had a good mum you would still be happily married to Kris. A good Mum would have been able to let you know that life is not about fairy tale and marriage takes work and commitment – there’s no perfect marriage. Marriage is an investment; you get out of it what you invested into it. The investment takes at least 5 year before it start yielding dividend (my believe). The first 5 years of a marriage is used for discovery.

MollyB

Posted at 7:46 PM on January 4, 2012

I’m with you too Carmel. It’s very sad really. They would have had gorgeous children if they stuck with it, but everything in their world appears to be very instant…and if it takes time (like a marriage does), then they’d rather give up rather than work at it. They’re really not showing a good example to their younger siblings either. What will happen to the Kardashian sisters (and mum) when they’re no longer in the lime light, I wonder…?

Frankie

Posted at 7:49 PM on January 3, 2012

FINALLY!!! Wow, I’ve been waiting for somebody to see this bs the way I do. It seems like all the media outlets are too afraid to call that ho out. She has used this sweet, normal guy like a pet. I really think she would take him to the pound like a dog and drop him off if she could. I can’t stand her. The rest of the family, esp. Khloe and Kourtney, are awesome, so fun and cute, but Kim, ewwwww, trash, smelly smelly trash!!!!!

shelly

Posted at 3:47 AM on January 5, 2012

Frankie I think it is funny that you would call Kourtney and Khole fun and cute. Khole is the only one who seems remotely down to earth. She seems to go out of her way to make her marriage work. Kourtney is so reserved and frigid to Scott that I have no clue why he stays except he loves the fame and now has children with her. Plus she is the bread winner of that family. She sure is not that loving or supportive of him. E has really edited this to make Kris H look badly while putting Kim on top when really everyone knows that the marriage was for show only.

Brian Boland

Posted at 7:15 PM on January 3, 2012

Please let another degenerate family come in and take the Kardashaho’s away, like the Calgon commercial

Laura Lopez

Posted at 3:41 PM on January 3, 2012

Everything you stated Ms.Fuller is right on TARGET!!!! Seems like it was Kim who couldn’t handle being married & in a committed relationship… “I know, he wasn’t Ghetto enough for her.”

TeamBushandTush

Posted at 3:11 PM on January 3, 2012

I just don’t understand how no one has brought up, the fact, that Reggie Bush’s name was bleeped out, TWICE, during this episode.

Mrs. Pizarro

Posted at 3:11 PM on January 3, 2012

Agree with your article. I find it interested that they didnt show the entire lunch conversation.
Kim says to Jonathan you took it to far, Jonathan clearly says” I’m sorry I shouldn’t bring him up” I wonder if Reggie Bush was the person he brought up. Kim was not in love with Kris. I have joined the rest of america who is now sick and tired of anything Kardashian. My wish for 2012 is for all things Kim Kardashian Go Away!!!!!!!!

FromNJ23

Posted at 3:07 PM on January 3, 2012

Kim instigates everything then acts like the innocent one. She pushed Kris to keep asking Jonathan if he was gay then turned around and yelled at him for it. She is such a little fake manipulative cunt and no matter how much they try to edit Kris Humprhies to be the bad guy, her true colors are coming out. I feel bad that Kris has to deal with so much hatred now because he didn’t wanna be a pussy and give into these fake Kardashians. He is too normal for that family.

ItsAMadMadWorld

Posted at 3:02 PM on January 3, 2012

I always thought that Kim was fickle minded but now, I know for sure that she is plain MEAN and STUPID. Kim need to go to college and experience playing with boys before settling down. Her emphasis is on the simple and foolish things. She told Kris that she UNDRESSED in Jonathan’s presence – Jonathan has to be some kind of perp to just sit and watch a woman undress. Must be into kinky stuff if not gay. What DECENT married woman would do such a thin? especially this early in the honeymoon phase? Kim is NUTS!!!!!!

laura

Posted at 2:25 PM on January 3, 2012

KIM IS DATED MARK BELLA FROM DANCING WITH THE STARS YUCKKKKKKK MAMA KRIS LOVE HIM FOR KIM WOW WHY PEOPLE LOVE THE KARDASHIANS THEY MAKE ME SICK!!!!!!!!!!

Rubyredjewel

Posted at 3:54 PM on January 3, 2012

There is no Mark Bella. There is however a Mark Ballas that appears on DWTS!

Batb

Posted at 2:21 PM on January 3, 2012

I totally agree with the author. Kris was doing his best to be a good person and a good mate, he was not immature. He did not let Scott take the blame for the party in another episode, he apologized to Jonathon during this episode. He is a person that likes “all the cards on the table,” . You can’t blame him for not wanting his wife to undress in front of another guy. If Kris had a fault, it was being playful, not immature. Bottom line: He was willing to work on his marriage; Kim is throwing the marriage under the bus. I can’t respect her for that

j

Posted at 1:47 PM on January 3, 2012

I thought Kris was a jerk with the gay questions not his business if he’s gay or not this whole time on KKTNY he’s been a real mt all the same

Krystin

Posted at 1:43 PM on January 3, 2012

I do not think Kris is too emotionally immature to be married Ket – he has been extremely supportive and amazing to Kim. It is Kim who is immature and cruel to Kris. Yes, he has a sense of humor and likes to poke fun but so do A LOT of regular guys.
I don’t find Kris AT ALL annoying. I think he is a stand up guy and that is great. There is nothing wrong with the things he does or questions he asks, especially considering that Jonathan spends a lot of time with Kim and even sees her undress – perhaps Kris is either 1- Jealous of the affection Kim shows Jonathan OR 2- Finds it strange that Jonathan (if not a gay guy) shows so much interest in his wife. Believe me, my husband (and many others, I’m sure) would NOT be happy with me behaving so loosely with a straight guy – whether my BFF or not.

Marianna

Posted at 1:33 PM on January 3, 2012

You can definitely tell that this episode was completely set up to make Jonathan’s sexuality a theme. However, where Kris keeps getting himself in trouble with this crew is his incessant need to go too far. I do not think that he was supposed to continue harping on it and/or make that comment to obvious winner of the KKTNY casting call, Jonathan’s date. Kim and Kris absolutely should not have gotten married to each other. I never thought in all my years, KKTNY or KUWTK would teach me anything but they have. Pre-marriage counseling and taking one’s time in a relationship is must if you are truly looking for happily ever after.

Ket

Posted at 1:24 PM on January 3, 2012

Bonnie, I completely agree with you. It was so apparent in this episode that Kim was no longer feeling any emotional attraction to Kris at all. I do not know if they show the episodes sequentially, meaning, we are seeing the scenes in the same order that they occurred in real life but something definitely has happened to change her view. I have to counter argue, though, that Kris IS annoying, rude, and arrogant which is a lethal combination of traits that prevent you from being self-reflective and owning up to your shortcomings. Kim has her faults but it takes a weak person to put up with someone like Kris. I know I am in the minority but I think Kim did marry for love but it takes more than love to make a relationship work. They were both too emotionally immature to make a lifelong commitment to each other.

anon

Posted at 1:34 PM on January 3, 2012

yeah I agree aswell..

when she’s discussing having kids with kris at a luncheon with her friend LaLa, she states “thats the reason I had loved him” something to that extent.. That tells me she no longer loves him, and is living a LIE.

cherri

Posted at 1:40 PM on January 3, 2012

I agree with most of what was said in the above synopsis, but I do not agree with you that Chris is annoying,,,,look I watched an episode of KUWTK where Khloe felt the same way and this same Kim told her that he has that sense of dry humor and they need to get to know him……Kim is a spoiled and stupid follower, she dows what ever her mother says, she has absolutely no mind of her own and to make a long story short……Kris Humphries is better of in the long run without her, she has absolutely no idea how much it takes to make a marriage work…..someone should remiod her that she live in a real world and not Utopia….

Asha07

Posted at 10:02 PM on January 3, 2012

Agreed. Completely.

Asha07

Posted at 10:03 PM on January 3, 2012

With Ket, I mean,

gee

Posted at 12:13 AM on January 4, 2012

I find Kris extremely ANNOYING and RUDE. I can see that he is blunt and says what he feels and thinks and I salute him for that . THat shows he is an honest person BUT most of the time he thinks it is alright to act like an immature tactless guy all the time . For a matured guy , you know your character better than anybody else so saying ” NOTHING” is better in some cases. Based on KKTNY , edited or not , he does not have any respect for his wife and her family . It shows with his snide negative comments about the Kardashians . Regardless of their reputation , they become his “family” as soon as he married Kim . They are not meant for each other forever so im more relived that Kim ended this marriage than to go any further . Why prolong the grief and unhapiness when trust and love and respect do not exist anymore?