'RHOBH' Recap: Taylor Armstrong Announces 'My Marriage Is Over'

Mon, January 2, 2012 11:37pm EDT by 9 Comments
Taylor Armstrong

After Russell Armstrong threatens to sue Camille Grammer, Taylor Armstrong recognizes her marriage is ‘toxic’ and decides to end her relationship with Russell.

The Jan. 2 episode of The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills opens with the dramatic scene at Kyle Richards White Party after Taylor and Russell Armstrong were rejected due to fear of Russell taking legal action against the housewives. Taylor and Russell seem relatively calm on their ride home, although they just got denied from Taylor’s friend’s party.

The housewives take a trip to Hawaii for Kyle’s husband Mauricio Umansky’s birthday. It is decided it would be best to not invite Taylor after the ugly scene at Kyle’s party.

The trip takes a rocky start as the housewives arrive at the airport and Kim Richards is nowhere to be found. Kyle discovers Kim has been using an expired driver’s license (which she lied to Kyle about) and is at home searching for a passport 45 minutes before departure in order to board the plane.

As usual, Kim is running late and misses the flight with the rest of the housewives, leaving her to take a later flight with Adrienne Maloof‘s husband, Dr. Paul Nassif. Paul arrives the next morning without Kim, who manages to miss the connecting flight to the island.

Brandi Glanville has a fear of flying and takes Xanax to calm her nerves. She mixes the medication with a few drinks which makes her rather loopy and touchy-feely with Lisa Vanderpump‘s husband Ken, which does not settle well with Lisa.

Back in glamorous Beverly Hills, Taylor meets with her marriage counselor to discuss Russell’s threat of legal action against Camille Grammer. Taylor admits she had no knowledge of the letter he sent and was angry when she read the note after they arrived home.

Taylor tells her counselor, “I felt so angry that he could not control himself. I’m not mad at the ladies — I’m just mad at him…I don’t want to be attached to his behaviors. I can’t take this any longer.”

Taylor then breaks down in tears and says, “I feel like I can’t manage these crises anymore, it’s just getting too much.”

The scene cuts back to the housewives’ relaxing vacation where Lisa gets a phone call from Taylor and she abruptly announces, “My marriage is over.”

Taylor explains further by saying, “He’s moving out this week and he’s going to be gone. This has not been working for a very long time as you probably already know…We’re just going to do it in a nice way and hopefully move forward in our lives.”

Taylor ends her announcement by admitting, “We both recognize that we have a toxic marriage… I honestly feel so at peace.”

As we all know of the series of events that are to come in Taylor and Russell’s story, this episode makes for an interesting benchmark in time. What did you think of the Jan. 2 episode of RHOBH?

Lauren Kalma

AJ DONNELLY

Posted at 12:25 PM on May 7, 2012

I have no likeness for taylor armstrong,she spent so long defending russell and his behaviour and now she is looking to make money out of the very thing she denied for so long, it is disgusting how anyone would try profit from someones death but to try profit from a sucicide is the worst thing that someone could do, but she is trash she has no morals at all and I feel very sorry for russells family the way he is being portrayed now when he cannot defend himself.I just hope she can live with herself.

Monica

Posted at 2:42 PM on January 10, 2012

WHO CARES?!?!?!?!?! OMG, this woman is DEADLY BORING!!!!!
(and ugly) PLEASE FIRE HER!!!!!!!

Lisa l

Posted at 1:52 AM on January 8, 2012

Taylor is a liar, a grifter and very manipulative. She pitched a fit to get someone (Lisa) to be her friend??!! Right.

I was especially enjoying the last show, then Lisa’s phone rang and I realized why: No Taylor!

margaret

Posted at 9:48 AM on January 7, 2012

if you dont like the show anymore change the channel or turn off the tv,.mm

Chris

Posted at 10:33 PM on January 4, 2012

I strongly agree with Teri K.
I really hope Bravo is reading/listening to their viewers.
If Taylor is on next season, I’m tuning out.
I don’t know if Taylor was beaten, nobody does but the two of them. Sadly, we have only her version. I think she wore that man down financially and emotionally. The rest is a mystery.
I do know that Bravo cleaned up the cast of NY, which I wouldn’t watch any longer. Taylor has done nothing but bring sadness, arguing, lying and manipulating to the forefront of this show. It used to be fun…Taylor shouldn’t return. Let her clean her life up, tend to her daughter and get a real job. If the zip code is that important to her, she’ll work her fanny off to remain there!

Teri K

Posted at 9:21 AM on January 3, 2012

I wonder if Bravo will be showing episodes where the fraud charges, lawsuits, etc. are discussed? I would suspect the pressure from dealing with all that was a big factor in what was going on in the Armstrong marriage. Strange how the root cause of their problems is never discussed. I for one am getting tired of watching episodes where Taylor manipulates the other housewives (who seem oblivious to the fact that they’re being conned).

clpolk

Posted at 12:47 AM on January 3, 2012

Taylor is a sick person she seems to be lying all the way around Kyle is vyle as normal, Kim has a major drug issue Stevie Wonder can she that Ad is just like a little dog at your hills ewww , love Brandi&Camille Lisa needs to grow up she mad cause of Cedric Brandi is her own person,check your hubby not the other woman all these men seem to get lost looking at Brandi & Camille that’s why Vyle Kyle is mad

gbtw

Posted at 3:30 PM on January 3, 2012

wait, kyle being jealous and b!tchy??!! i refuse to believe it… if this is such a big deal to her, why doesn’t she just HIRE A F’ING TRAINER!!!! lord.

Robert

Posted at 9:58 PM on January 9, 2012

Agreed: Brandi & Camille are outstanding. What’s with tweeker Kim’s BF Ken? That guy got hit multiple times with the ugly stick–watching tonite (1/9) Ken comes across as a controlling thug. What’s his background?