Ben meets his 25 women and the drama begins during ‘The Bachelor’ premiere. One girl seems to like women more than Ben — and another girl locks herself in the bathroom and hysterically breaks down in tears.
Bachelorette Ashley Hebert may have broken Ben Flajnik‘s heart, but during the season premiere of The Bachelor on Jan. 2, Ben is well on his way to finding love again. After meeting 25 girls, Ben sends seven home and seems quite taken by a select few. But, Ben is also blinded to the drama that’s also beginning to develop. One girl seems more interested in finding a girlfriend — and another girl can’t handle the pressure of being disliked by the other women. Will Ben meet his future wife this season?
Ben first has a chat with host Chris Harrison before the 25 women arrive in the limos. “I think prior to going on The Bachelorette, my father’s death affected me,” Ben shares. “I’m very much a different man today. I’m completely and utterly available. If I find the woman of my dreams, yes [I'll propose]. If someone else said no too, I probably wouldn’t do this again.”
Ben meets the girls in order of how they come out of the limos. Here are the girls’ corny pickup lines and silly moves that they use to try and stand out to Ben:
- Rachel: “I can’t wait to really get to know you,” she says to Ben.
- Erika Uhlig is a law student. “The verdict is in and you are guilty of being sexy,” she smiles at Ben.
- Amber B.: “My last name is Bacon,” she shares. “My friends call me the baconator. Want a taste?”
- Elyse Myers: “Find me later,” she tells Ben. “I’m going to make you sweat.”
- Jenna: She doesn’t stand out — and it’s an awkward interaction.
- Courtney Robertson: “Hey cutie pie. Do you come here often?” she asks. “I have the biggest crush on you. You look good.” Ben’s taken by her. “That is a pretty girl,” he remarks.
- Emily gives Ben the first kiss.
- Samantha: “I’m Miss Pacific Palisades,” she brags. “I’m more than a pageant girl.”
- Casey S. doesn’t say or do anything remarkable.
- Amber T. makes a circle and comes back to say hi a second time. “One more thing in case you don’t believe in love at first sight, here’s your second chance,” she says.
- Holly comes in with a big, funky Derby hat. She’s from Kentucky.
- Jamie is shy, but catches Ben’s eye. “I am loving the brunettes,” he shares after Jamie walks inside.
- Shira asks Ben to teach her about wine.
- Blakeley Shea: “I am the only Southerner,” she warns Ben.
- Sheryl, the grandma, gets out on crutches. “There is a story behind this,” she tells Ben. “I watched your show all last season. I fell madly in love with you. In that limo is my granddaughter.” Sheryl then introduces her granddaughter Brittney. “That’s too cute,” Ben gushes as Brittney and Sheryl walk away. “I love grandmas.”
- Nicki: “I’m Nicki. Are you excited?” she asks Ben. “I’m glad it’s you. You’re precious. I’m glad it’s you.”
- Dianna strikes a pose. “OMG I had something I was going to say,” she says. “I can’t even talk right now.”
- Jennifer: “I wanted to give you some numbers,” she says. “1 is the number of times [I've fallen in love]. Hopefully after tonight I can make it two.”
- Lyndsie J. writes a dorkie poem for Ben and reads it.
- Anna walks past Ben without stopping. “That’s gotta be some kind of first,” Ben states.
- Monica: “I have a confession,” she shares. “I miss my dog more than anything.”
- Jaclyn compliments Ben. “You look very dapper,” she says.
- Shawn: Can I trust that we’ll grab some minutes inside.
- Kacie B.: “Hi Benjamin, I’m from Tennessee,” she reveals. “Can we make a deal tonight? I promise I won’t sugar coat anything.”
- Lindzi C. rides in on a horse. “Hi I’m Lindsey,” she says. “The is Levi. You’re cute. You’re beautiful. I’m from Seattle. I do ride horses.” Ben likes Lindzi: “Save the best for last I suppose.”
Ben then walks into the party. The girls are ecstatic to see him. Everyone cheers after Ben’s dorky speech.
Rachel gets the first one-on-one time with Ben. “The love is what I’m looking for,” Ben tells her. Rachel admits that she left her job to go on the show. “No pressure,” she jokes. “I’m glad you did it,” Ben replies.
Nicki gets Ben next. “You seem nicely bubbly,” Ben tells Nicki. She reveals that she’s “been through some things” in her life, but doesn’t touch upon the fact that she’s divorced. He seems quite taken by her.
Ben grabs Lindz. She shares that she has been riding horses since she was six. She also adds that she tried to make wine once with store bought grapes. Ben and Lindzi seem to have a good connection.
All of the women are laughing about Brittney bringing her grandmother. While they are laughing, Ben goes to sit with Sheryl and Brittney. Ben walks Sheryl to the car and then goes back inside to sit with Brittney.
Ben next plays some soccer with one girl. Another girl shows off her tattoos. Ben does some line dancing with another group of girls. A girl also blindfolds Ben and feeds him some candy. What if he’s allergic to nuts? Oh well. Ben seems to enjoy the experiment.
The girls are trying hard to get Ben’s first impression rose. Emily reads Ben a rap, or poem, or whatever you want to call it. Ben seems more into joking about her talents than into Emily herself.
Courtney can’t stop obsessing about Ben’s hair. Ben clearly likes Courtney a lot.
Finally, the real drama begins. Jenna corners Monica about her reasons for being on the show. Monica admits that she’s not attracted to Ben — and we’re about to see why.
Monica makes a move on Blakeley. She tells Blakeley that she’s “beautiful and amazing.” “There is something to say about a gorgeous real woman,” Monica confesses. Monica then asks for Blakeley for her number. They are getting a bit too close on the couch.
Jenna is a drama queen. She can’t stop complaining about Monica. “She makes me feel inferior, but I will not cry,” Jenna whines to Rachel. Rachel brings Monica over to talk to Jenna. “I just feel like you don’t like me,” Jenna says. “I don’t know you. I don’t get it,” Monica returns.
“If she comes at me later, I’ll cut your face off,” Monica jokes after the talk with Jenna to a group of girls. Jenna breaks down in tears. What on earth is going on? Is she mad that Monica is making passes at Blakeley instead of her?
Ben comes over to find out what’s going on. Jenna stops crying when he asks what’s up. This girl can definitely put on a duplicitous face. Note, Ben please avoid the drama queen. After Ben walks away, Jenna locks herself in the bathroom crying. “People here are awful,” she sobs. “I’m not the girl who is wanting fame out of all of this.” Oh, the truth comes out.
It’s finally time for the first impression rose. Ben brings Lindzi outside (good choice Ben). “I’m not giving this rose because of the horse,” Ben tells her. “I like the conversation we had.” Lindzi accepts the rose.
It’s now time for the rose ceremony, but Jenna is missing. “I didn’t know I was going to react like this,” she complains as she walks into the ceremony late. “I just hope he’s going to give me another chance.”
Jamie, Rachel, Blakeley, Emily, Kacey B., Casey S., Brittney, Erika, Shawn, Nicki, Jennifer, Elyse, Samantha, Courtney, Jaclyn, Monica, and Jenna all get roses.
Ben sends Shira, Amber B., Lyndsie J., Amber T., Dianna, Anna, and Holly home.
BFFs — do you think Ben really has a connection with Monica — or is Monica more into women?
- Lindsey DiMattina
More Bachelor Ben Flajnik News: