Demi Lovato Was An Amazing New Year's Host For MTV

Sun, January 1, 2012 10:12am EDT by 16 Comments
Demi Lovato New Year's Eve
Loading video...

The superstar was a huge hit — she played our favorite song and kept the special right on track!

Demi Lovato is only 19, but she was a natural hosting MTV’s NYE in NYC 2012 Live on Dec. 31 — it’s great to see her shine!

Demi took to the stage alongside Teen Wolf star Tyler Posey to keep the festivities moving. She ALSO sang her hit “Give Your Heart A Break” and sounded AMAZING, per usual.

Did YOU love MTV’s NYE in NYC 2012 Live, HollywoodLifers?

– William Earl

More Demi:

1. Miley Cyrus & Demi Lovato’s Funny Twitter Prank Revealed
  2. Do You Like Demi Lovato’s ‘New Look’?
  3. Katy Perry, Demi Lovato & More: See Who Wore Wacky Nails This Week

Cleo

Posted at 2:34 PM on January 2, 2012

I agree with most of the positive statements towad Demi. However, her stylist should have chosen a longer dress for her when she stood next to Selena. The contrast in their legs was significant. Re: punked for Cyrus, Osborne, and Kardashian, (the three witches of hell) emasculating a man and his testicles over a pizza is like cutting women’s breasts at a nipple. Would anyone think that was funny?! Kicking, punching, or harming men’s testicles for the benefit of this stupid show is just wrong! Plain and simply wrong; but it doesn’t surprise me that these three dyckes would participate; after all they think they are superior to men, and hate most men that aren’t gay. They should get a life!

Holly

Posted at 1:41 AM on January 2, 2012

GOOO DEMI!! BEST HOST EVA! LUVED THE AWARD SHOW SHE HOSTED IT WAS AWESOME LUV U SO MUCH DEMI!

Sharmaine

Posted at 12:16 AM on January 2, 2012

Demi is such a very good singer,dancer,actress,model. Wooow!! I mean she’s just a multitalented girl. She’s stunning always. She’s a Fashionista either. There’s no better words I could say about her than perfect. XoXo

@AdrianaBrazil11

Posted at 11:56 PM on January 1, 2012

How can I discribe Demi Performance? Amazing! Incredible! Wonderful! True! Exciting! Beautiful! She is more than Perfection!

lexi

Posted at 7:53 PM on January 1, 2012

i watch she was a great host but she did have a hard time to catch her breath after her amazing of give your heart a break, at first i didn’t think it was good for a single now i love the song after hearing it live,can’t wait for the video,i hope dancing and i hope it boost her album sell so she can go platium like the amazing artist and singer she is

pifi

Posted at 12:17 PM on January 1, 2012

People,that’s how you sing and thats what you called talent not like selena’s voice.i dont mind wasting my money to demi’s voice because it’s worth it.look at selena’s voice,if we compare miley,selena,demi,selena would be last and cant make it on top.peace.

@AdrianaBrazil11

Posted at 11:47 PM on January 1, 2012

When you operate the brain? Absurd! Never is when Selena will be better than The Amazing Demi Lovato. Demi is a great artist, a great Diva! Demi Rock!

Kylie

Posted at 11:43 AM on January 1, 2012

I live in South Africa and it wasn’t aired here and i real would love to watch the whole thing , does anyone know where i can please ?? and demi was looking breautiful and performance was amazing as usual :) ProudLovatic xx

Michael

Posted at 11:22 AM on January 1, 2012

I just have to say something. Normally Doug is the big party guy especially when there is an excuse such as New Years Eve. Last night dang he lost his man card. When Demi first appeared he got teary eyed. This dude never loses his cool but in the month of December I have seen him one foot from Ms. Lovato in Atlanta on Dec. 1st and he froze up then last night getting teary eyed when he sees her? Holy cow dude.

James

Posted at 8:55 PM on January 1, 2012

So he’s no longer a man cause he shows that he has human emotion? Go kill yourself loser.

Doug

Posted at 11:07 AM on January 1, 2012

Lily, I know someone has uploaded the “Give your heart a break” performance to youtube. And many thanks to anyone that has ever uploaded a Demi performance. I watch at least one everyday.

Lily

Posted at 10:25 AM on January 1, 2012

The show wasn’t “played” in Denmark, so I couldn’t watch it, but i would be really grateful if someone could upload the full show on YouTube or something.

The Boy

Posted at 1:12 PM on January 1, 2012

On Miley Cyrus and Kelly Osbourne

Celebrities say that you do whatever they want but ever sence saturday night live of last year in 2011 was awful day for everybody here in texas of last year the prank shows Khole the wife of the dallas maverick Lamar Odom, this year in 2012 she going to pull a prank her i mean it’s dangerous for somebody to do that to someone each Celebrities picks a person that they want to punk’d with all starts with her She (Miley) anything isn’t tough for somebody that you knew your whole life, but I know that showing off her funny bone once she’s doing it twice now sence it’s been going on this year is going to be a good year for some people in new york, city, that night she wasn’t there when she wants to prank somebody is wrong. I mean she going to cause more damage to the vitcim for she had done more damage to me since last year.

Kelley

Posted at 4:03 PM on January 1, 2012

What the hell are you talking about??

lexi

Posted at 7:56 PM on January 1, 2012

are you saying it is wrong to prank people i don’t get what you are trying to say its just a fun show its not really hurting peole

The Boy

Posted at 11:32 AM on January 2, 2012

On Miley Cyrus and Justin Bieber

To show or not to show? To share or not to share? After deliberating, it was a no brainer for me to show other women (and men), just SOME of what I have been through. Yes, a picture tells a thousand words. But why did it happen? What did “I” do to cause it? Was there any domestic violence prevention that could have been done? Why did he do this? Many women ask these same questions.

Sometimes there are absolutely NO “logical” reasons why things happen. Sometimes there are logical reasons. But none of them make us physically, emotionally, or mentally feel any better after they happen.

Was this the only time? Well, I would love to tell you it was. But that wouldn’t be the truth. And the truth is why we are all here, right? To find the truth and seek our own solutions to get out.

Were there red flags? In reflection, “Heck, yes!”

He was so nice at first. A gentleman, seriously. Then we moved in together. BIG mistake. By then, financially, times were difficult. A few months after we moved in, I was laid off from my job. The man who hired me kept me employed until his wife came back from pregnancy leave, then he let me go and she took over my position. He never mentioned his plan to only keep me until she returned.

The strain financially did not make my boyfriend happy. We started getting into disagreements. Then one night the yelling started. So I went into the bathroom and packed a bag to go and stay at my girlfriend’s house. Ahhh, THAT is when it started. He threw me across the bathroom and I hit my head on the sink and fell between the toilet and the sink to the floor. I remember staring at my legs and arms. They were not comfortable in the contorted position in which they landed. But I was in shock mostly that he so effortlessly pushed my chest and I literally flew across the bathroom.