Giuliana Rancic & Husband Bill: 'We're Not Done Trying' To Have Kids

Fri, December 30, 2011 3:08pm EDT by 14 Comments
giuliana rancic

Giuliana and Bill reveal to HollywoodLife.com exclusively how Giuliana’s recovery from her double mastectomy is going — and their plans for starting a family.

Giuliana Rancic and her husband Bill Rancic remain positive that they will have kids one day. Right now, Giuliana is fighting to recover from the double mastectomy and reconstructive surgery that she got on Dec. 13, but as soon as her doctors give her the go ahead, she and Bill will start trying to get pregnant.

“There is really no plan yet,” Giuliana told HollywoodLife.com exclusively at the Nivea Kiss New Year’s event at the Chatwall Hotel in NYC on Dec. 30. “The main thing is recover and the doctors see how long it takes you. The last thing you want to do is get pregnant right now. You’re really in no shape to do that.”

Giuliana and Bill are waiting until the time is right. “As soon as I feel back to my old self again and once we get over this,” Giuliana explained. “We’re not done trying and we want kids. We’re not getting younger. As soon as we’ve recovered from this and I feel healthy enough to move on and our doctor says it’s OK to get pregnant, we certainly will.”

“One marathon at a time,” Bill added.

Right now, Giuliana is focusing on her recovery. “Day by day I get stronger,” she shared. “Now I can open the car by myself. [But] you really take for granted the little things in your life like brushing your teeth or putting a dress on. I could never have gotten through this without Bill.”

And Giuliana’s positive attitude is helping her fight the battle. “Attitude is what got me to heal so quickly, having that goal,” she admitted. “At a time when it could have been very easy to sit in bed and feel bad for myself, instead of focusing on the bad, I did this every day: I thought about what I am lucky for in my life. I looked at all the positive.”

The whole ordeal brought Giuliana and Bill closer. “For the first time in our marriage, we started praying together,” Bill said. “We’ve never really done that. I don’t care what religion you are. With faith it doesn’t matter, you find your god in a situation with this.”

- Lindsey DiMattina

More Giuliana Rancic News:

1. Giuliana Rancic: ‘Kelly Osbourne Has Been Incredibly Supportive’
  2. Giuliana Rancic: ‘I Feel Great’ After My Double Mastectomy
  3. Giuliana Rancic Gets Back To Work After Double Mastectomy — First Photo

the best way to become pregnant

Posted at 3:13 PM on May 11, 2012

Pretty component to content. I just stumbled upon your blog and in accession capital to claim that I acquire in fact loved account your blog posts. Anyway I’ll be subscribing in your feeds or even I achievement you access consistently fast.

jan

Posted at 3:28 PM on April 19, 2012

after years of treatments and surgeries to have a babymy daughter decided on adoption. we are truly blessed GOD WE HAVE THE GREATEST GIFT in our grandson. we know our birth mother had different choices but chose to gift him up for adoption. my daughter then decided to get the surgery to remove her female parts that she beleived made her a woman. so at twenty-four she became a mother and at twenty-eight she became a great woman. GOD DOES HAVE CONTROLL we just have a let him know that what ever comes to us is from him and him alone.

nenny

Posted at 7:59 AM on April 12, 2012

I’m happy for ur fighting spirit and I pray u and Bill hav a baby pretty soon….Gods on ur syd jules….

Kim

Posted at 8:57 AM on March 22, 2012

you brought tears in my eye. Stay strong. you are in my prayer. Love,

Pam Y

Posted at 11:17 PM on March 11, 2012

I had my second child 20 years after my first at 42. She is beautiful and we love her so much. I had some health issues that should have prevented us from conceiving. I hope you get a surprise of your own. You and Bill will be wonderful parents.

Becky Chimenya

Posted at 5:27 AM on February 13, 2012

I enjoy your show, you are such a lovely couple. I hope and pray that The Almighty blesses you with a baby. Dont be discouraged everything is possible with God.

Love you guys be blessed.

Gaby

Posted at 10:26 PM on February 6, 2012

I love them! They would make such wonderful parents! I would totally be a surrogate for them knowing that this child would be raised in such a loving environment!

Nani

Posted at 8:42 AM on February 6, 2012

This is to Paula. If you’ve never realised there are people’s metabolisms that dont allow people to gain weight. Leave Giuliana and Bill alone!!! They need support and prayers from their fans, and if people have nothing better to say about all that… Well that’s just sad!
I personally wish them the best, I hope she makes a quick healthy recovery, and get’s back to achieving her goals.

Sandy Carlson

Posted at 3:08 AM on February 3, 2012

You as a couple are so loving and strong, I know you’re going to be wonderful parents. I was told I would never be able to have children, I gave up all hopes, at 42 I received a call out of the blue asking if we would be interested in adoping a little four year old needing a home. Jessilyn was abused, abandonded an was in a total of four foster homes. My friend thought of me, two months later we brought home our Jessilyn, she is positivily the most amazing child and a true gift from god to our family. I feel blessed everyday, I know what you’ve gone through but there is a reason for everything, god had a plan for us and it was Jessilyn. Please no matter what, never dispare as I KNOW with all your love your home will be full of children.

rita

Posted at 11:00 AM on January 1, 2012

i take my hat off to bill for supporting his wife through this thats what love is all about.

Paula

Posted at 7:03 PM on December 31, 2011

If Juliana ate something and was a healthy weight, she would probably not have fertility problems and cancer. She would be a lot healthier. Skinny isn’t always healthy – as she is proving.

Julie

Posted at 11:01 AM on January 26, 2012

What a horrible ugly statement to make! I see at 7pm new years eve you were home online making nasty comments about people because you obviously have no life. How sad you must be to make such statements about someone struggling with cancer. Karma will find you under the heaviest of rocks.

Nab

Posted at 12:08 AM on February 1, 2012

Yah it’s not healthy to be pregnant if ur too skinny or to obese. As someone who is viewed on TV a lot, it’s not appropriate. I do hope she puts on slightly more weight after recovering from her surgery. Cheers

RR

Posted at 4:22 PM on December 30, 2011

See, this is what marriage is really about. Life is hard and messy, and this is clearly a strong couple. It’s nice to hear about a couple this devoted to each other, when other celebrities are only lasting a few months, or even less.