Two Fatal Mistakes That Cost The Lives Of Madonna Badger's Three Daughters In Tragic Fire

Wed, December 28, 2011 5:24pm EDT by 10 Comments

A shocking, horrific fire took the lives of a fashion industry executive’s entire family, and new details have revealed the two fatal mistakes that could have easily been avoided!

The investigation into the fatal fire of Madonna Badger’s Stamford, Conn. home has discovered the two major safety errors that cost the lives of her three children and parents on Christmas Day. According to the NY Post, fire marshals say a still-lit bag of embers from a yule log placed against the wall of the house was the cause of the fire. Worse, the house had no functioning smoke detectors!

The fire marshals have revealed that Madonna’s boyfriend, Michael Borcino, hadn’t doused the embers with water — the outside wall caught fire from the still-smoldering embers. With no working smoke detectors, the five people sleeping on the second and third floors had no warning.

“The fire entered the house quickly and spread throughout the first floor and up two interior vertical openings, trapping the occupants on the upper floors,” said Barry Callahan, the Stamford fire marshal.

Madonna and Michael survived, but Madonna’s three daughters — 10-year-old Lily and 7-year-old twins Sarah and Grace — and her parents, Lomer and Pauline Johnson died of smoke inhalation.

71-year-old Lomer died trying to save his granddaughter — he had stacked a pile of books to the height of a window. It seems that his plan was to crawl on the ledge outside and pull her to safety. But as soon as he went out the window, he collapsed.

In the smoke and confusion, Michael got separated from the twins. He heroically tried to run back inside, but firefighters pulled him back. One girl was found with her grandmother at the bottom of the stairwell between the second and third floor, and the other had gone upstairs.

A desperate Madonna had escaped onto a balcony, where firefighters brought her to safety.

“It was heartbreaking,” Fire Chief Antonio Conte said. “You [feel] like if you don’t make the rescue, you failed, and I don’t think anyone wants to fail.”

So, so sad! And it’s heartbreaking to hear that such a tragedy could have easily been avoided with proper fire safety!

Other tragic stories:

  1. Kim Kardashian Tweets Support To Madonna Badger, Who Lost 3 Daughters In Christmas Fire
  2. Babysitter Charged With 9-Year-Old Aliahna Lemmon’s Horrific Death
  3. Mom Shoots Her Daughter & Dad After Sending Her Husband On An Errand

 

Leave a Reply

To comment, please fill in the fields below, enter your comment and select the Comment button.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

View Comment

Jaki

Posted at 2:45 PM on November 14, 2013  

No smoke detectors? Irresponsible on the part of the parents.

 Reply
Share this comment at Share with Twitter

Jill

Posted at 4:19 PM on January 6, 2012  

How sad ! could of been avoided if the contractor/ boyfriend acting with some common sense!! no smoke alarms and putting embers in a bag! who does that? I will be really surprised if the mother is still dating this guy after the dust settles. She will have a hard time trying to have a relationship after what his actions caused, although not intentional. …GOD BLESS the parent and all he family and may God give you strenth to deal with this awful tragedy.

 Reply
Share this comment at Share with Twitter

Dom

Posted at 2:19 PM on January 6, 2012  

Much condolences to the family. This is a terrible tragedy, no parent should have to bury their child.

But, this is a terribly written article. Shame on the writer for blatantly placing blame. This was very obviously an accident, their is no reason for someone to so excitedly point out five deaths were the fault of one man’s mistake.

 Reply
Share this comment at Share with Twitter

Mimi

Posted at 1:55 PM on January 6, 2012  

If she stays with the “boyfriend” she will be living proof why men don’t respect women. This man was a master contractor. He took everything from her with his carelessness. Condolences to the father and his family.

 Reply
Share this comment at Share with Twitter

john

Posted at 2:19 PM on December 30, 2011  

Who puts embers and ashes from a fireplace in a bag and just leaves them??? That is the most assinine thing I have ever heard.

 Reply
Share this comment at Share with Twitter

Skeptical

Posted at 7:48 PM on January 3, 2012  

This is an incredibly sad and tragic story, and I can’t imagine Badger’s grief at losing her entire family. A couple of days ago, news came out that the police were “ratcheting up the probe” into the fire. It seems the autopsy revealed blunt force trauma to the head and neck of the grandfather, who was found face first on the roof. I have the feeling there is more to come with this story, but that the police are letting Badger and her extended family grieve before releasing more information.

 Reply
Share this comment at Share with Twitter

theo

Posted at 10:36 AM on January 6, 2012  

I read the the roof collapsed under the grandfather and he fell through to the first floor, that is where the trauma came from. No conspiracies.

 
Share this comment at Share with Twitter

theo

Posted at 10:37 AM on January 6, 2012  

*that the

 
Share this comment at Share with Twitter

Cleartsreamed

Posted at 9:39 AM on December 29, 2011  

How tragic.The mother and father got out the house without their kids they survived but how can you really survive your all family dying in a fire.RIP

 Reply
Share this comment at Share with Twitter

John

Posted at 2:20 PM on December 30, 2011  

Wasn’t the father. Her husband was elsewhere. Was he boyfriend and he is the one that put the still-burning ashes from the firplace in a bag!

 Reply
Share this comment at Share with Twitter

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 7,158 other followers