Taylor Lautner Reveals Why You Should Forget About 'Twilight'

Tue, December 27, 2011 4:48pm EST by 13 Comments
Taylor Lautner Twilight
Loading video...

The ‘Breaking Dawn’ star says the only way he’ll ever be successful is if fans along with himself separate ‘Twilight’ from his other roles — do you agree?

Taylor Lautner has it all figured out! The gorgeous actor tells El Salvador’s Ticket that Twilight is “unlike anything else” and if Robert Pattinson, Kristen Stewart and himself can remember that, then they’ll be successful actors!

“You kind of just have to realize that Twilight is Twilight and it’s unlike anything else,” he laughs. “So forget about that for a second and if you can do that then you’re fine! Because we do what we love to do and do things we are passionate about and really hope that people enjoy them.”

Taylor starred in Abduction this past year, Rob had Water for Elephants and Kristen had Welcome to the Rileys. But all of these stars have upcoming flicks like Cosmopolis, Snow White and the Huntsman and Taylor’s Incarceron. We don’t doubt that Twi-hards will be able to separate Twilight from their other gigs and we know they will all be stars for years to come!

— Chloe Melas

More ‘Breaking Dawn’ News

1. Robert Pattinson: Why It’s Stressful Being In Non-’Twilight’ Movies
  2. ‘Breaking Dawn’: Our 50 Favorite Pics From The Movie
  3. Edward & Bella Cullen Voted Sexiest Vampires Of 2011

Chattin It Up

Posted at 10:00 PM on July 7, 2012

Stop using Twilight as a scapegoat. Could you imagine if Meryl Streep said, “Well, now that I’ve won this Academy Award in order for me to win another Academy Award you will have to forget that I’ve done this iconic role in Kramer vs. Kramer.” And how many Academy Awards has Merly won to date? The answer is 3 and nominated for many more after Kramer vs. Kramer. Because of her ability to act! It’s about their ability to act, it’s about their ability to transport us into their character and make us forget anything else for the time being, make us believe. I love Twilight, but maybeTaylor, should take some acting lessons, pick good roles, good scripts, work with good directors, inject yourself into the role and stop blaming Twilight for your films failures. Your audiences are not stupid we are able to seperate you all from Twilight and many of us are willing to give you Twilight actors chances by going to see your other flicks.

Maya

Posted at 4:53 PM on May 7, 2012

I Love my three twilights! Taylor , Kristen, Tob!

d.harris

Posted at 6:47 AM on February 29, 2012

i know taylor will make it. abduction was as good as it can be ,for his first outing after twilight.let him choose the right movie and he will be alright.incaseron sounds nice .i hope the movie will be nice as it sounds.

Jan-Jan

Posted at 12:27 PM on February 29, 2012

Hey d.harris I agree with you that Abduction really was a good movie. I wonder why the critics rated the movie at 4.9!

d.harris

Posted at 6:44 AM on February 29, 2012

i know taylor will make it. abduction was as good as it can be ,for his first outing after twilight.let him choose the right movie and he will be alright.incaseron sounds nice .i hope the movie will be good as it sounds.

Jasmine

Posted at 7:16 AM on January 4, 2012

When I hear the name Taylor Lautner I dont only think of Jacob Black I think of a great actor just like any of the other actresses and actors in the show biz I have always thought he was talented since The Adventures of Sharkboy and Lavagirl I know know hes got alot of great roles in his up coming movies and I would be a fan of them all but I will forever and always be a twi- hard I love you Taylor muah

TEAM JACOB!! 4 life :)

nessie bella

Posted at 9:05 PM on December 28, 2011

He’s right!! I love him so much & can’t wait 4 INCARCERONNN & BD part 2!!!

Kay

Posted at 12:27 AM on December 28, 2011

@ Tarik Audain Jr I agree

He is and always will be known for being Jacob Black in the Twilight movies. I do understand what he’s trying to say, he won’t be a teen/ heart throb forever that could only go so far in a acting career.

Tarik Audain Jr

Posted at 8:52 PM on December 27, 2011

Really thats all his fans will remeber and like about him is twilight. if he wouldve done abduction first he wouldnt be as big as he is now.When people here his name or see his face they say hey thats taylor lautner the werewolf in twilight. thats the cold hard truth and if yall dont like me for it then oh well, im pretty sure he would like the truth than a lie, and i thought yall were his fans yall are more like yes mans.

Kate

Posted at 11:38 AM on December 29, 2011

He doesn’t want to be known for Twilight forever. If he gets other roles in good movies he will be known for that. That’s what he’s trying to say.

Super

Posted at 5:06 PM on December 27, 2011

He didn’t mean it like that. The guy just asked does he feel pressure to make successful films outside of Twilight. He just said: Let’s forget about Twilight for a second, and…

You make it sound like he’s saying something totally different. Why do you keep recycling old interviews?

Jan-Jan

Posted at 12:22 PM on February 29, 2012

I think that people will always remember him as Jacob Black. But he will be able t move on and not wory about being tight cast. He is a good actor and has some growing up to do to become an even better actor. The people around him(his dad in particular) will make sure that he selects roles that are perfect for him. I keep reading about these different movies he will be making but what is going on when will these movies start production for example “Incarceron” anyways…Good Luck Taylor!

Maya

Posted at 12:24 PM on February 29, 2012

Jan-Jan I agree with everything you mentioned about Taylor. He is a pretty good actor and will be able to move into other roles. What is going on with the movie “Incarceron”?