'X Factor' Aftermath: What Will Happen To Chris Rene & Josh Krajcik?

Fri, December 23, 2011 2:44am EDT by 62 Comments
X Factor USA Winner

I’m thrilled for Melanie Amaro, but will Josh Krajcik and Chris Rene fall off the map after losing on ‘The X Factor’?

Adam Lambert, Clay Aiken, Jennifer Hudson: it’s happened before on American Idol. The second and even third place (and lower) contestants end up outdoing the original winner — so will this happen with The X Factor‘s Chris Rene and Josh Krajcik?

In an unpredictable finale Dec. 22, the two performers lost out to Melanie Amaro for a $5 million recording contract AND a Pepsi commercial. So where does this leave them? Empty handed?

I know the show gave them each a platform for their music and a fan base of millions of people, which they didn’t have six months ago, but I kind of wish they could have split the recording deal three ways. That would have left them with more than a million each — AND a recording contract. Boom!

Sadly, that’s not how it went down.

There’s no doubt in my mind Josh and Chris will try their darndest to break into the music world outside of the reality show, but I really hope mentors Simon Cowell and L.A. Reid don’t leave them to fend for themselves. Both of those guys have the means and the power within the industry to help Chris and Josh thrive. After growing close to them throughout the competition, you’d think they would extend a helping hand.

Additionally, Josh and Chris both have young kids — they won’t be able to put work aside and pursue money without an income. Unless success comes fast, I don’t know how they’ll be able to support their families AND hustle to create an album.

What do you think? Should L.A. and Simon make sure Chris and Josh are taken care of — or should they prove themselves all over again?

Loading video...

Click here for photo highlights from season one!

More ‘X Factor:’

1. Kirstin Says: Is Rachel Crow, 14, Too Young For The ‘X Factor’ Spotlight?
  2. ‘X Factor’ Results: Was Rachel Crow Or Marcus Canty Eliminated?
  3. ‘X Factor’ Finalist Rachel Crow Reveals Emotional Tribute To BFF Drew Ryniewicz

homeopathic remedies for dogs

Posted at 4:54 AM on July 4, 2012

Awesome issues here. I’m very happy to look your article. Thank you a lot and I am looking ahead to touch you. Will you kindly drop me a mail?

money

Posted at 3:58 PM on June 14, 2012

You already know thus considerably with regards to this topic, produced me personally believe it from so many various angles. Its like women and men aren’t interested unless it’s one thing to accomplish with Girl gaga! Your individual stuffs great. All the time deal with it up!

Skoda Bydgoszcz

Posted at 9:30 AM on May 15, 2012

Someone essentially help to make significantly articles I would state. This is the very first time I frequented your web page and to this point? I amazed with the research you made to create this actual put up incredible. Wonderful job!

mal di gola

Posted at 7:21 AM on May 9, 2012

Fantastic issues altogether, you just won a new reader. What could you suggest in regards to your submit that you just made a few days ago? Any positive?

louis vuitton purse on sale

Posted at 4:55 PM on April 23, 2012

We are a bunch of volunteers and opening a brand new scheme in our community. Your web site provided us with valuable information to paintings on. You have done a formidable activity and our whole group will probably be grateful to you.

Donna Jackson

Posted at 11:34 PM on February 22, 2012

Melanie was definitely good but there are so many the same. Josh had a very unique voice and I wold buy his CD tomorrow. I hope he is able to get some support. He certainly should not be forgotten. There will not be another Josh for quite some time.

Steven

Posted at 6:12 PM on February 5, 2012

I the x factor us stupid n i wish it never came to America

Donna cooke

Posted at 9:14 PM on January 21, 2012

I really wanted josh to win! He was the best!

joy

Posted at 2:58 PM on January 7, 2012

The only reason we watched the x factor was to see Josh k. He was the only one with any true talent. We will have nothing to do with Simon’s pet. Now that we know that the show was just a fake. We will never watch x factor ever again. The only good thing that come out of x factor was Josh k. He will out sell all other singers. We will only be buying his CD.

Katie

Posted at 6:25 PM on January 16, 2012

I agree. I will most definitely buy his CD. I love his voice. I hope he makes it big.

Luz

Posted at 1:21 AM on December 28, 2011

I respect Simon Cowell but the only reason that Melanie won was that Cowell was helping her in every way. It is not whether or not she could sing because all of the contestants needed to sing to be able to do the show.I have nothing personally against the other contestants but the only one who came out with bells ringing from the beginning was Chris. He had such charisma and humility, plus he gave a show every time he performed. He deserves the win because he worked really hard in the show and he has the TALENT and there is nothing wrong with his voice. Chris creates a song and puts in the music and then sings it. He plays the guitar and the piano.Sorry Melanie but you come up short. Chris will outsell all of the contestants and become a great songwriter to boot.Chris has a rather raspy voice and he really sounds nice. Adam Lambert also lost in idol but at present he is the best male singer ever.I would never say that Chris sings better than Adam but they are different in style. They both sound good in their music styles. Melanie lacks charisma and she just stands there when she sings and that makes her music boring.

LS Hickman

Posted at 7:16 AM on January 7, 2012

All of your comments are based on your personal opinion and I think differently BUT I hope that those final 12 who were all very talented and enjoyed by millions based on the viewers personal taste, FIND THEIR WAY INTO THE INDUSTRY

BEV

Posted at 11:23 AM on December 26, 2011

CHRIS RENE KICKING BU** ON I-TUNES ! AND WAIT TILL HIS SOUL’D OUT ALBUM COMES OUT ! IT WILL SKYROCKET ! I DON’T KNOW WHO DID IT, BUT MY VOTES DIDN’T GET COUNTED WEDNESDAY NIGHT, I RECIEVED NO THANK YOU FOR THE FIRST TIME THROUGH THE WHOLE SHOW! YOU CAN CHEAT ON THE VOTES ! BUT LOOK WHO IS SELLING !I LOVE CHRIS RENE ! IF YOU HAVEN’T BOUGHT CHRIS’S MUSIC , GO TO I-TUNES AND SUPPORT THIS AWESOME GUY ! HE IS THE XFACTOR WINNER IN MY EYES !!!!

CarolO

Posted at 11:01 AM on December 26, 2011

To the nay sayers out there. Josh may not have come in first but he’s far from a loser. Simon Cowell has already announced the Josh, Astro and Chris have already been offered record deals and Rachael Crow will be doing something with Disney.

All these people will have careers and more than they had when they come into this competition. Be happy for all of them.

jEAN

Posted at 12:27 AM on December 26, 2011

Second place is not bad ,, look at Susan Boyle ,, and she was second to ,,,? ? Diveristy ? not any news about them . Honestly I would like to see the actual counts of votes. Josh will do allright , and maybe ,, just maybe the girl // Melanie ? will manage

Denise Blanco

Posted at 7:53 PM on December 25, 2011

The show was a blast to watch. Josh is amazing and I fell in love with Chris the moment he stepped on the stage! I pulled gor Chris the whole show and will continue to pull for him. I would love to see him make it huge! Good luck to Chris and Josh, I’ll be waiting to hear them on the radio!!

Julie

Posted at 1:11 PM on December 25, 2011

I was hoping Josh would win. I hope he has an album and very very soon. Thank you, Josh. I think you are sweet and extremely talented. When and how will be know when your album is coming out??????? Please tell us. Thank you.

Julie

zigzag

Posted at 11:50 PM on December 24, 2011

Chris Rene is the most original & the most interesting. I only want his CD.

Denise Blanco

Posted at 7:57 PM on December 25, 2011

Absolutely!!!! Love Chris Rene <3

Ella Broomfield

Posted at 3:09 PM on January 12, 2012

I can not waite to get his cd…

Ali Sharaf

Posted at 3:45 PM on December 24, 2011

I wish Josh had won. I think he has more to offer. He is more different and unique as well. With regards to the age limit I think they need to raise the age limit a little. Rachael started of with a cute personality and a wonderful voice but as the show progressed she changed and not in a good way. She became unfortunately a little obnoxious for my taste. The voice is not nor should it be the only judged in these reality shows. Attitude and spirit should come into play.

Peggy Harris

Posted at 2:07 PM on December 24, 2011

Although I think Melanie Amaro has an outstanding voice, I think Josh Krajcik showed more potential. Josh has an incredible voice along with the ability to play various musical instruments as he did demonstrate playing the guitar and the piano on the X Factor. For that reason, I think he has a lot more to offer for a recording contract. I think Chris Rene also showed more potential for the same reasons. I was devastated when Rachel Crow was voted off. What a voice and what tremendous potential she has. They were my favorites throughout the show.

Sherry Burnett

Posted at 10:45 AM on December 24, 2011

It was hard for me to decide who was the best contestant. I was really voting for Josh and so were my friends. It would have been great for him with his family, daughter and all that and I really hope that they all get a chance to make it. I was so sad when Rachael Crow got voted off. I just want to see them all make it. I hope they get some help. Sort of seems unfair for one person to get 5 million dollars and everybody else gets nothing. Maybe a first, second and third prize would be a better idea?

ALICE

Posted at 7:48 AM on December 24, 2011

for me i want chris rene to win x factor is best seen more than 11 millions people.

silvana civetta

Posted at 9:32 PM on December 24, 2011

I agree, I thought Chris really put it out there as far as originality. I hope he keeps going and puts out young homie out..I already have it as a ring tone on my cell.

Adam Lamberto

Posted at 5:44 AM on December 24, 2011

I was hoping for Josh from the beginning. I just wish the show would have given him even a slight makeover. Just improving his teeth color and complexion would have been nice and maybe wearing those old jeans a few less times might have increased his odds. He needed no improvement in his voice, but he was also not agile enough to gyrate just a bit when performing.

Ella Broomfield